Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

I'd like to know if they would fit an '03 Wakesetter. Emailed the company but no response. No phone # on the website which seems a little strange

03 Wakesetter should be the same as the 05-08 vRide. They are making the first few for that hull right now, so they told me there might be a little trial and error to get the template perfected, but they will get it right and then start banging them out.

• Like 1

03 Wakesetter should be the same as the 05-08 vRide. They are making the first few for that hull right now, so they told me there might be a little trial and error to get the template perfected, but they will get it right and then start banging them out.

Would the 06 Iride fall into this same hull as well?

Wakesetter is a package, not a model. The VLX, LSV & XTI models all were available as Wakesetters.Sounds like your referring to the 03 VLX that is the same hull as the 05-08 Vride.... regardless of whether or not it had the Wakesetter options or not.

As to jashaff's question, I believe the Iride was the same hull too, but not 100% on that.

Wakesetter is a package, not a model. The VLX, LSV & XTI models all were available as Wakesetters.Sounds like your referring to the 03 VLX that is the same hull as the 05-08 Vride.... regardless of whether or not it had the Wakesetter options or not.

As to jashaff's question, I believe the Iride was the same hull too, but not 100% on that.

You're right, I assumed he meant VLX. I was wrong.

I know the Iride is 21 feet on an sv23 wake hull i'm assuming the the V-ride is the same

Mine is a 21ft '03 Wakesetter w/ Direct Drive. Is that an XTI ??

XTI had the funny interior with the large engine cover extending behind the driver. I don't know but maybe the Sunsetter or other DD models were also available with the Wakesetter options too.

I know the Iride is 21 feet on an sv23 wake hull i'm assuming the the V-ride is the same

Yep, same. Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Does anyone know what other yrs/models are equivalent to a 93 skier w/teak platform? They said never made one for that yr/model. I'll send a pic to them, of course, but boat got moved yesterday and can't do for that a little while. Just thinking they must have made one already that can fit her...

Hey Uti, when you upload the video, can you do one with and one without the WWS?

Also can you take it off and put in on in the water or does the boat have to be on a trailer or boat lift?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!!

Edited by BigE

BIG

I will get you guys both vids. It's raining here today. So hopefully I'll be out tomorrow bright and early. I always install mine on the water. We wake board first and then it's time to surf. Open up the v drive locker pull out the wws, and strap and install. Install literally takes about a minute. Let a little water out of the opposite side ballast and lower the wedge half way. Surfs up!! one other kind of cool note is that the gate floats btw!! Just in case you drop it for some reason while installing. But I have had zero issues with install since it slides right over the plat form.

Edited by Utisnumber1

Utis,

Tough luck with the rain, though sometimes between showers you get your best water! Course that lightning can be a challenge.

More questions if you don't mind.

So you've using the strap on/clamp on, not the bolt on for a deep water install and it s doable?

You're only using your factory ballast, no extra sacks or such?

Thanks again for all the info! Looking foward to the new pics.

E

That's correct I'm only using the strap method for now. It's just to easy not to. I'm sure you could drill a couple holes in the platform for a more factory look. But I changed the strap to a black strap so it's really not that noticeable. Plus I just added my underwater leds that's enough holes in my bu for this month haha. I only use the factory front, mid, and rear ballast and the wedge. I have a 750 sac plumbed in the back as well but I haven't justified needing the extra lbs thus far. I love having a level boat instead of leaning. I'm sure the wave would only get better with more weight. But I literally don t see you needing it. It's nice to throw the wakeboards on the rack and go straight to surfing within minutes. Ohh as far rain that's correct the best water is between small showers but not these down pours and wind!! Miserable. Looks like its gonna be nice in the am tho!! Stoked to ride the wickedwakesurf that's for sure.

That's correct I'm only using the strap method for now. It's just to easy not to. I'm sure you could drill a couple holes in the platform for a more factory look. But I changed the strap to a black strap so it's really not that noticeable. Plus I just added my underwater leds that's enough holes in my bu for this month haha. I only use the factory front, mid, and rear ballast and the wedge. I have a 750 sac plumbed in the back as well but I haven't justified needing the extra lbs thus far. I love having a level boat instead of leaning. I'm sure the wave would only get better with more weight. But I literally don t see you needing it. It's nice to throw the wakeboards on the rack and go straight to surfing within minutes. Ohh as far rain that's correct the best water is between small showers but not these down pours and wind!! Miserable. Looks like its gonna be nice in the am tho!! Stoked to ride the wickedwakesurf that's for sure.

Hope to see the videos for sure! Finger's crossed for no rain for ya!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Utis,

Just wanted to be sure I had it right.

The WWS sounds like the ticket, I had to get an Acme 2315 prop for all the extra weight I'm using to surf!

I look forward to your next report!

Again thanks.

E

Okay so over all I had a pretty crummy day at the lake!! Windy, rough, and crowded. I did manage to get couple of test videos of just the wave. I weighted the Bu and put the wedge half way down. The first video is without the wickedwakesurf. Second video is literally 2 minutes later with the wickedwakesurf. Its absolutely insane what a difference this little attachment makes. I did get some night surfing in which was awesome!!

Before:

After:

Edited by Utisnumber1
  • Like 1