Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

Oh by the way. That wave is with my 117 lb wife driving the boat. Thank you Joe!!

What's your ballast setup for that? Are you still weighting heavier on the surf side?

What's your ballast setup for that? Are you still weighting heavier on the surf side?

Factory MLS (front and Mid ballast full). I run the rear driver side ballast full and the passenger side about 3/4's full the wedge is half way down for skimming. You can also lower the wedge all the way down and the wave gets waaaayyy taller for surf style .

If this takes off I wonder if Malibu will lose some new boat orders next year?

Yes as long as lawyers don't send them a patent infringement to stop their work. We need to get these orders in now. I setup a pp GB earlier. I'll just go thru another site if this isn't setup soon to get a GB going.

Any ideas on how the boat should be weighted, using the WWS?

It would be the same as you would weight a surf gate boat. Pretty even weight side to side, but most people say they get better results with a slight bias to the surf side to get a little bit of a lean going, but not nearly as much as without the gate. I plan to try filling the surf side rear locker 750 sac all the way, the non-surf side about half way, midship tank full, and probably put the tube sac (about 400 lbs) that I normally put under the surf side seats up in the bow and see how that goes.

Is anybody worried about applying a side load to the swim deck? Both from the water pressure and the attaching strap. I know the deck is pretty sturdy, but it was really only designed and attached to the transom to support vertical loads.

Man I order mine when this thread is on page 2. Now we are talking group buy? Can we get group buy pricing on current orders not filled yet?

I would contact them and ask if you can place your order on hold to see what the discount would be.

I've seen others mount their DIY surf gates to the swim platform and run it with no issues. The consensus is there is not that much of a side load put on the platform from the gate. You would not want to ratchet the strap down very hard, just enough to hold it from being pulled off.

Thanks jtrovato for sending me the info. Group Buy on Wicked Wake

I am in contact with Wicked Wake and will have the details set up by end of next week.

Details

• If you have to have this now then I suggest ordering it at full price as I do not set up GB that have problems.
  • This is going to be a quick GB as pricing is changing and we want to make sure to get in on this fast.
  • I will be setting up a new thread for the GB
  • Please READ the #1 post of the GB thread. #1 will be updated with all new info so PLEASE READ it.
  • Like 3

Im excited for you guys!! Your going to love the wickedwakesurf. I hope to get some videos uploaded this weekend and better photos of just my wave and the gate mounted.

Edited by Utisnumber1
  • Like 1

If the price is right I may be in for a starboard side one. I figure at a good price that if it sucks I can still sell it and break about even.

I'd also like to see what 3k of ballast in a SV23 can accomplish on a surf wake. :)

I'm sure he could make one for an 03. It may take a couple days for Joe to respond. Just be patient this thing is exploding right now and im sure Joe wants to ensure that the gates are built correctly. He'll get back to ya for sure. Really cool dude.

• Like 1