Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

Anyone else dislike the idea of having to drill into the swimstep? Also these cannot be folded in, they have to be removed when not in use correct?

Heard back on a group buy, they said they could do a discount of 10%, or possibly 15% depending on how many people we get. Let me know if you'd be interested in a group buy and I can see if we can organize one.

I'm in as long as they have a version that works on my '12 VRide.

Anyone else dislike the idea of having to drill into the swimstep? Also these cannot be folded in, they have to be removed when not in use correct?

you dont have to drill into the platform look at the pictures on page 2 ... you mount it using a trailer tie down and adjustable screw thing to the D rings on your boat. 250 minus the GB discount for this deal.

And yes they must be removed when not in use. and you cant go over 13 with the gate on ...

seems with an bluetooth arduino and actuator, we could get this thing to retract when speed is above 6 or 7 mph using an iPhone app to speak to the arduino. Just need to design a waterproof case for the electronics. I'd like to be able to go from wake boarding to surfing with no setup, but would the c-clamp handle affect the wakeboard wake if this did retract?

I can throw together the app and arduino program, someone else would need to take the signal from the arduino and step it up to control an actuator.

Edited by augie09

Direct all group buys to D-Goose.

Will do. I was just gauging interest to see how many we had to see if it would be worth it. Looks like we are definitely getting the numbers that would be needed, so I'm going to get in touch with D-Goose to get it set up.

If there's anyone in the Atlanta area that has an 05-08 vRide, they would be interested in seeing your boat to test fit the gate for that model. Let me know and I can forward your info to them to arrange a meeting.

I'm in a 99vlx with teak. They said they would need pictures of my boat to see if they had something that would work. I'll let all the guys with the same hull know.

I just got one for my boat, Joe was great to work with. My boat is 1995 Sunsetter. It really lengthened the wave and I was running half the weight I normally do. Here's some pics and vids, I still have dialing in to do but I've only used it once and was short on time. With some dialing and tweaking it'll really kick a**.

Video links.

unnamed-1-2.jpg

ScreenShot2014-06-25at30342PM.png

Edited by parkcityxj
  • Like 3

Man I order mine when this thread is on page 2. Now we are talking group buy? Can we get group buy pricing on current orders not filled yet?

LilJohn, I cant pm you! Mailbox full?

Found another pic from the weekend with the wickedwakesurf. I'm at least 10 or 12 ft from the boat!!! Pure awesomeness!! Looks like Joe is going to be very busy!! Screenshot_2014-06-26-13-44-38_zpsfqseou