Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

I decided to try and make a similar one to this, as they are working on one for my hull design, my boat has that funky shelf in the back. The wave looked insane, but could not surf it as it made my boat turn in circles. I am guessing I had it at to much of an angle? But I can attest that there is zero stress on the swim platform or hull. If your like me and not very good at DIY then well worth the $$.

This acts just like factory Surfgate, just manual version. It does affect steering. It's like a rudder off the rear corner of the boat. The boat will pull to the side it's attached to. This affect will have to be countered by the driver. Even with OEM Surfgates, you can't take hands off steering wheel or it will turn sharply to one side.

Edited by bunji169

20140607_083151_zpshujpdzz7.jpg

How is this attached? Are there no holes? Do you have to take one side off and put the other side on in order to switch sides?

Monitoring this thread closely! Just emailed to ask about one for a 2007 vRide. Wonder if we can get a group buy going on here?

let us know what you here back

Got pricing for a 2007 vRide, it's the same as was stated earlier in this thread, $399 for a pair, $225 for a single, and an extra $15 for the strapping kit that was pictured earlier in this thread to attach to the rear D-rings. She said they are completing their first few vRide builds now, so she will give me some feedback when those customers receive theirs if I want to wait.

Anyone have a good picture of the transom of an 05-08 vRide that I could send them? I don't have a good one and my boat is sitting in the water at the marina right now.

I also asked about a group buy if we could get enough interested here, waiting a response.

Heard back on a group buy, they said they could do a discount of 10%, or possibly 15% depending on how many people we get. Let me know if you'd be interested in a group buy and I can see if we can organize one.

Heard back on a group buy, they said they could do a discount of 10%, or possibly 15% depending on how many people we get. Let me know if you'd be interested in a group buy and I can see if we can organize one.

YES!

I am interested but would like to see a few more pics and feedback from the ones who already have one. How big are they, so I can think about where to store the one I am not using at the time? Does it scratch up the teak platform every outing from pulling on and off? How well are they holding up from use?

These are just a few questions from things I noticed from my homemade gates I made.

Lovin my wicked wake surf!! It takes about 1 minute to install and the same to take off. I just store in my v drive locker. You guys are going to spaz when you see the difference in the wave. Tell Joe Casey Jordan sent you guys!! He will take really good care of you!!

Edited by Utisnumber1

As far as steering its not that bad. Only at slow speeds of 3 mph or less. Just remember to turn into the gate side when your picking up the downed rider.