Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

After adjusting the gate to use this angle it was nothing short of awesome. I believe what was happening is even though the platform was angled the support brackets under it are straight.

Pictures of the wave to come

post-23500-14056845092819_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got one for my boat, Joe was great to work with. My boat is 1995 Sunsetter. It really lengthened the wave and I was running half the weight I normally do. Here's some pics and vids, I still have dialing in to do but I've only used it once and was short on time. With some dialing and tweaking it'll really kick a**.

Video links.

unnamed-1-2.jpg

ScreenShot2014-06-25at30342PM.png

Ok, this is very impressive. My buddy has a 98 Sunsetter and I have weighted that thing to the max I'm talking max and never got it to look close to that.

Yes, I do have one and have seen it in action but never thought it could do that to that boat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard from the company and they DO NOT have a template for my 2007 VTX diamond cut hull

they suggested that I try to find a boat in the ATLANTA area that they can use to generate one….. any suggestions??

Is the group buy still going on with this? I clicked on the link and it says I don't have permission to view. I am a paid memeber to that is very weird.

I don't remember the exact date but the group buy ended a month or two ago.

So my 2012 VTX does not have Surf Gate, but I went with the Wicked Wake Surf. Love it! My friend I surf with has a 22' MXZ with Surfgate, and we both agree that my wake is as good or even better than his for surfing. (We both have extra ballast in the back). I talked to my local dealer about upgrading just to get an idea of what it would cost me to get a boat with Surfgate and a closeout 2014 VTX upgrade would cost me between $15-20k. I'll take my $400 Wicked Wave and money in the bank over that!

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/nick_lejcher/media/S3Sept2014561_zpsa8d0dbdb.mp4.html?filters[user]=140369627&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/nick_lejcher/media/S3Sept2014559_zpse60fc606.jpg.html?filters[user]=140369627&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone I just sold my 06 vlx yesterday. I have both of my wickedwakesurf gates up for grabs. Let me know if your interested. They will fit 05 to 08 vlx's with the wake hulls. Thanks. If you haven't read the forum already these things are a must have!!

Edited by Utisnumber1

Well everyone I just sold my 06 vlx yesterday. I have both of my wickedwakesurf gates up for grabs. Let me know if your interested. They will fit 04 to 07 vlx's with the wake hulls. Thanks. If you haven't read the forum already these things are a must have!!

Its a 05-08 VLX wake hull sorry just helping out.