Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

900s would be an option.

I am holding out to see what wakemakers comes up with. The guy I talked to told me they were working on some custom sacs.

I want more weight as well but I am hesitant to buy 900s and then have something bigger or something that fits better come out.

my engine walls were bulging with 750s so I reinforced them. I can give you the specs of what I used and it works perfect now Kaddman. Here are some picsIMAG0136_zps36198315.jpg

Just installed and tested the 900s. Yes side panels bulge in without table though. And yes wave was nice and big. Wedge 1 click up at 11.6. Much better than with 400s. Only downfall is now rise is crazy. May be should have went with 750s. The 900s are way too much for wakeboarding with a boat full of people. Oh yeah and test was with just me.

Sent into space with tapatalk

So here is the shootout results..... Full factory, 900's in the rear rear and wedge Two clicks up vs full factory and 900 rears, 375 port locker 3 kids up in bow full down wedge. Latter wins!!!!! No contest, these lsv's need to be leaned over from the center not biased from the rear. So.... Here is my winning setup.. Full factory ballast front included.. 900's in rear lockers fill to there max. Sumo sac 375lb in port coffin locker. Three kids up front or aprox 240 lbs of ballast for them. Ls3 motor with 2315 prop.. Now I would try more but my altitude of 6500 ft stops that. Cheers

What speeds are you trying at 6500'?

Man there was a huge difference in bow rise going from 400s with 6 people from 900s to just me in the boat. I hope some crew will lower it down a bit. Had plenty of power to do the job but my guess is fuel burn is going to be up there.

Has anyone else had a problem with the engine walls bulging with the 750s? I haven't had the opportunity to try mine yet... Will let you know what happens, but I assume it will be the same.

900s would be an option.

I am holding out to see what wakemakers comes up with. The guy I talked to told me they were working on some custom sacs.

I want more weight as well but I am hesitant to buy 900s and then have something bigger or something that fits better come out.

my engine walls were bulging with 750s so I reinforced them. I can give you the specs of what I used and it works perfect now Kaddman. Here are some picsIMAG0136_zps36198315.jpg

Looks like some 1/2" or 3/4" aluminum tube screwed to panel.

So here is the shootout results..... Full factory, 900's in the rear rear and wedge Two clicks up vs full factory and 900 rears, 375 port locker 3 kids up in bow full down wedge. Latter wins!!!!! No contest, these lsv's need to be leaned over from the center not biased from the rear. So.... Here is my winning setup.. Full factory ballast front included.. 900's in rear lockers fill to there max. Sumo sac 375lb in port coffin locker. Three kids up front or aprox 240 lbs of ballast for them. Ls3 motor with 2315 prop.. Now I would try more but my altitude of 6500 ft stops that. Cheers

How was the starboard wake?

I wish this thread had more videos. :whistle:

You guys own smartphones, right?

Yeah but it takes time.

Ok this was my first time on the new Fly Boy, so go ahead and laugh.

Ok so the question still arises, 750's or 900's I'm running 600's does more weight in the back make it better or go with 750's, full front hard tank, wedge down, 10.6 to 11ish and 300ish in coffin?

Plus Wake Makers is working on a bag for this boat as we speak.. just got off the phone with them.

JK

Edited by kaddman

Shows the setup in the comments.

Trevor Grindland

5 hours ago

I have the 250 hard tanks filled and then the 750 plug-and-play sacs on top of that filled

He said 11.0 mph, wake looks super clean.

Edited by kaddman

We turned 20 hours Sunday and had not surfed the boat with any ballast until then. My son has not wakeboarded in 2 years because of back issues, so he's riding as much as he feels like he can. I do not have my 750’s yet, so we used what ballast I had. Just a driver in the boat we ran full MLS, 400’s in the rear hatches, 100 lead starboard, 300 lead under the port seat, 100 lead in the walkway, and 1k triangle in the cabin floor. No pics, we got caught out in a rainstorm, but rode it out…the wave was great both sides!

Here is my wake taken from my bow, from as you can see the mermaid tail of my daughter. Lol. Also you can see the thule surf pads that are on the crossbars of the g3 tower. I hang my surfboards across them. Bimini works nice with them hanging there. The wake is hard to tell from this perspective but you can see its shoulder height.

Looks amazing.

Are you rockin' a sac in the coffin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Yeah here's my setup. LS3 motor 2315 prop. Full factory ballast (all four). Sumo sac 900s in rear lockers. Straight line big bag 375 in port coffin locker. Wedge all the way down. 10.6 mph. No xtra ballast sacs up front just a couple of kids. Maybe 200 lbs total. For goofy footers we still leave the coffin sac full, it doesn't seem to effect the goofy wave much. I might throw some lead in the coffin and lean the boat over just a little more but, my wave is great right now. The surf pads on the bars are, Thule surboard truck gate pads. There foam padded and work great. I think they are about $33 each. ( this is a setup for high altitude aprox. 6500 ft, I'm at my motor weight to power limit. if I was at lower alt. I could try different combo's.)

How full do you think the 900's are getting and where does your swim platform sit when slammed? Is it dragging in the water at all at surf speed?

The 900's look pretty full outside of them squeezed down at the carpeted step pieces front and back of locker. Maybe 800 lbs? The swim platform is about and inch or so under water when not moving. Not sure exactly when moving, but it doesn't effect my wake at all if you look at above pic. Smooth as silk

Thanks, I like the backdrop...

JK

this is a setup for high altitude aprox. 6500 ft, I'm at my motor weight to power limit. if I was at lower alt. I could try different combo's.)

Is this why you are running relatively slow? Can you not go any faster?

Went out tonight and surfed the 900s for the 1st time. Amazing. Setup was 900s + all factory full. 300lbs of crew on the port side cabin seats. Wedge 1 click up. 10.6-10.8 mpg. Push was very good and we where able to go super far back. Pics are not me.

D50B2FDD-6048-482A-8307-9D158806F476_zps

CCCFD31C-1E0C-45B3-8FE5-53225D391FDB_zps

Highlight of the night was after surfing and my 7 year old daughter wakeboarded my 5 year old daughter asked to wakeboard even though she surfed with me. She has tried before with no luck but we said sure thinking she was tired and wouldn't do it and to our surprise she popped right up and rode 50 feet or so. My wife was not even ready with the camera so no pic but a very cool end to a great evening.

Here is my wake taken from my bow, from as you can see the mermaid tail of my daughter. Lol. Also you can see the thule surf pads that are on the crossbars of the g3 tower. I hang my surfboards across them. Bimini works nice with them hanging there. The wake is hard to tell from this perspective but you can see its shoulder height.

Cap, I am dying to get some up close pics of how your boards sit in those Thule racks. That is exactly what I need and you may have stumbled upon something that many folks will want.

PICS!

I just ordered the Thule tailgate 808 surfpads. $80.00 for two with shipping. I would love to see some pictures of your set up. Your right this is a pretty cheap way to carry the boards. I've been trying to decide between a new surf rack, pockets on top or under the tower. Even if I decide to change later, I'm not out a fortune and haven't altered the Bimini. Thanks for the great idea. My new custom brigade will have a spot now. I didn't like moving it from seat to seat

Thanks for the picture. Did you have to modify the straps for the pads to fit the tower bar? I'm looking forward to getting my board out of the way

Here is the pic for the thule pads and boards. Bimini works perfect over the top of these boards. But what's nice is they kinda act like a Bimini. I run fin side up towards the front. I keep in bags, just in case someone hits there head.

So you need 2 per board?