Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

I have Sumo 900s in the lockers.  Based on feedback from others I would like to add ballast in the floor of the boat between the driver and passenger console " the walkway" or just in the floor opposite of Drivers Seat. 

I have a 350lb old fly high waterbed style bag that I used for a while, I don't feel it did much unless it was up in the bow. I ultimately ended up getting the sumo 650 bag for the bow and I love it.

one other thing I have on my list before the season starts is purchasing the Coleman 70qt cooler to go in the walkway (tip of the cap to @bunji169for the hinge mod idea) switching the hinges to flip the lid lengthwise. That should add some additional 75lbs or so

On 3/17/2016 at 9:20 PM, Stevo said:

I have a 350lb old fly high waterbed style bag that I used for a while, I don't feel it did much unless it was up in the bow. I ultimately ended up getting the sumo 650 bag for the bow and I love it.

Agree . . . I would go weight in the bow first.