Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

When I was running that boat last year, the fly high 750s in the rear lockers, full MLS, wedge 2 clicks up, speed around 11 mph and 1000 lb bow sack 80% full was the nuts.

Nuts in the wave or bow rise?

I have the sumo 900's, and have only an old fly high 350-400 lb bow bag, 2315, all 4 MLS , 3-4 adults + a couple grooms, usually. Wedge is 1-2 clicks up from 100%

Granted I can get a full 900+ based in the shape of the locker but they get pretty full. I don't have crazy bow rise by any means, or at least it doesn't feel that way.

I'm headed out in an hour or 2, I'll try and remember to take some pics.

Edited by Stevo

I have the sumo 900's, and have only an old fly high 350-400 lb bow bag, 2315, all 4 MLS , 3-4 adults + a couple grooms, usually. Wedge is 1-2 clicks up from 100%

Granted I can get a full 900+ based in the shape of the locker but they get pretty full. I don't have crazy bow rise by any means, or at least it doesn't feel that way.

I'm headed out in an hour or 2, I'll try and remember to take some pics.

Excellent. Thanks! Maybe it's my expecations with the weight of the bow sac, so seeing a pics from another boat would be great.

Edited by DAI

I think the new custom sacs make a huge difference in the amount of weight you can fit in those lockers.

so a friend of mine just got a new 14 hold over, with all the bells and whistles. He had a mastercraft x2 before this boat. He pulled us over so I could help with his set up. I told him when he bought the boat to get some flyhigh 750s or some sumo 900's for the back lockers. Some how the dealer talked him into 550's. After I got rid of the preset factory settings he was on , we got a great wave. Actually better than mine with the 900's and the 1100 bow triangle. He did have 10 people in the boat, but I thought wow, maybe we are trying to throw to much weight at these boats!

Excellent. Thanks! Maybe it's my expecations with the weight of the bow sac, so seeing a pics from another boat would be great.

Ok so epic fail on the photos by me today, had kind of a rough one today.

day started out with a screw in a trailer tire. Plugged it up, and got on the road by 9:30.

loading up at the dock and left the go-pro case on the kitchen counter.

Launch, the boat and boat fires up, so I take the truck to the parking lot. Get back to the dock and the wife is tied up with a frustrated look.. Boat turns over and then dies. It took me a few minutes but identified it as a loose negative battery terminal.

Start the idol out to fast water and I wanted to tune the stereo as I installed the EQ this week, but there is just the slightest hiss in the tower speakers. Wife was not happy about this one.

But overall the day had some pretty high points

7yr old got up on a deep water start on her wakeboard for the first time. Also a friend of ours got up for the first time.

I'll take it over work any day, but it sure tried my patience

Edited by Stevo

Soooo my wave isn't very "big" as far as some still pics I see on here, but it's plenty long and has lots of push from the back. I will take that over a short pocket hip high "wave" any day.

FWIW I like 12mph and wedge all the way down (zero clicks up).

Soooo my wave isn't very "big" as far as some still pics I see on here, but it's plenty long and has lots of push from the back. I will take that over a short pocket hip high "wave" any day.

watched your video in the surf thread, its a good looking wave (jealous of goofy riders ), and from your avatar i looks like you are getting some good pop off the top

watched your video in the surf thread, its a good looking wave (jealous of goofy riders ), and from your avatar i looks like you are getting some good pop off the top

thanks man! The wave definitely isn't the limiter to my riding.

Are you running bow ballast in that video Shawn?

yes. stock and then 150 in lead under the floor. Filled the bow sack for the first time. Prolly 3/8 full. Honestly I didn't think the bow sack really made a diff. Maybe it would if we were going slower?

yes. stock and then 150 in lead under the floor. Filled the bow sack for the first time. Prolly 3/8 full. Honestly I didn't think the bow sack really made a diff. Maybe it would if we were going slower?

You are right. It helps more if your speed is slower.

Also if you have a bunch of people in the boat.

We have been playing with a 800lb sac in the front for the past few weeks. Of the 4 people that's in our (every time out crew) we can't decide if we like it or not. We want to lengthen the wave a little but to be honest other than bow rise I think it may be better with out it. We did put the sac in the walkway also and didn't notice a difference. We may move it back to center boat next just to try. The wave is so big just not long no matter what we do and running faster than 11.4 we loose the push in the back.

Any pics of the custom wake makers sacs full. Are they worth changing from sumo sacs. I hate the way they look full. So much stress on stuff.

One more question. Has anyone listed a new 23 over like we used to do with pre surfgate boats. I know you wouldn't use the sg due to it being out of the water. We almost did it Sunday just for curiosity but a storm rolled in and we didn't get to.

Sent into space with tapatalk

Edited by ktrent

That's exactly where I ended up as well last year. Goofy side rules.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I only have 3-4 people in the boat when I go out, I need more friends to weight down the boat, but not all friends are boat friends. I try to Keep the fuel tank full, it helps. I am looking to add a sac in the floor or in the walkway instead.  Any tips on purchasing/using an external pump?  Has anyone tried to "T" off existing line to fill a sac in the boat bow or floor?

2 minutes ago, Making2Waves said:

I only have 3-4 people in the boat when I go out, I need more friends to weight down the boat, but not all friends are boat friends. I try to Keep the fuel tank full, it helps. I am looking to add a sac in the floor or in the walkway instead.  Any tips on purchasing/using an external pump?  Has anyone tried to "T" off existing line to fill a sac in the boat bow or floor?

Remind us of your current ballast set up?

what PnP bags ? Additional bow bag?