Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

The short drain hose towards the transom doesn't allow the bag to go all the way back to the back of the locker. A longer hose will allow you to loop the hose without it kinking and puts the bag all the way to the rear of the locker.

Oh. Is this an issue on all 2014 23LSV's or is it only where the guy in the factory cut the hose too short? i.e. should I order 2 x extra length hoses now?

All 2014 23's

Get the male male fitting to extend the hose to the length of what has already been plumbed. Or buy more hose and replace the entire hose with a longer one.

Edited by Stevo

All 2014 23's

Sigh. I guess that extra $1 for that extra foot length was just too much to spend on a $100k boat. Amazing. I just ordered a 4 ft length from wakemakers for $7 just in case. Fitting the sacs in 10 days and will post my experience.

All 2014 23's

Get the male male fitting to extend the hose to the length of what has already been plumbed. Or buy more hose and replace the entire hose with a longer one.

Thanks. I spoke to a really great guy at Wakemakers (as usual) who said he has fitted 'dozens' in Malibu's and Axis'. He said its a lottery and always the rear hose so rather than have the chance of hassle, I ordered the 4 ft length to be cut into 2 hoses in case I need them. Or they just clutter the garage but better safe than sorry. He said it was trivial to take off the cover inside the locker by the transom, unscrew the rear hose clip and replace. He said easier than extending the hose.

If the hose was too short, I could still have used the bags but they would have drained much slower of course and I would have to fish around a following weekend when I had ordered the correct hose. All in, its $7 wasted worst case

Edited by Red_Duck

We surfed last night on a 15 with 900lbs in the bow and the standard dual 750s. The goofy wave was epic, regular wave I think needed more weight on that side to get dialed.

At 10.8 and full wedge we were at 3500 RPMs and minimal bow rise. 410 motor and 2419 prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We surfed last night on a 15 with 900lbs in the bow and the standard dual 750s. The goofy wave was epic, regular wave I think needed more weight on that side to get dialed.

At 10.8 and full wedge we were at 3500 RPMs and minimal bow rise. 410 motor and 2419 prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LSV throws a tremendous goofy wave. I always felt like the regular wave for me was a lil flat on top with little a small That is where I struggled with dialing it in fully. Still a great regular wave just not as good as the goofy side. Maybe the new wedge will help?

Nice wave!

Edited by DocPhil
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the measurements of the "coffin" area under both sides? Like measuring for a custom Enzo sac.

Edited by Brian Young

Does anyone have the measurements of the "coffin" area under both sides? Like measuring for a custom Enzo sac.

Before you order an enzo sac for this locker you need to figure out how you are going to drain it.

how do you plan to do that? You can't use the existing plug and play system

Before you order an enzo sac for this locker you need to figure out how you are going to drain it.

how do you plan to do that? You can't use the existing plug and play system

I'm going to plumb in two reversible pumps for each side, and a third pump for a triangle up front.

I'm going to plumb in two reversible pumps for each side, and a third pump for a triangle up front.

Okay that will work.

The issue with an enzo on that side is the coffin locker drops down about 8 inches so you will need to run a line to the tip of the enzo sac.

You can do what I did and just get the 370 lb fly high sac and a 750 for the back locker. I don't recall the measurements though.

Shawndoggy now owns my boat. Maybe he will be a peach and take some measurements for you!

Okay that will work.

The issue with an enzo on that side is the coffin locker drops down about 8 inches so you will need to run a line to the tip of the enzo sac.

You can do what I did and just get the 370 lb fly high sac and a 750 for the back locker. I don't recall the measurements though.

Shawndoggy now owns my boat. Maybe he will be a peach and take some measurements for you!

I think I remember noticing that on my demo.

You think these will fit under the seats. http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-gravity-games-center-sac.html . I'm fine with them coming into the locker area. Actually trying to weight the boat for wakeboarding. I want to evenly distribute the weight. Rather than slamming the back end.

How much room was left with the 370 in there? The storage looks huge compared to my 08 VLX.

You think these will fit under the seats. http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-gravity-games-center-sac.html . I'm fine with them coming into the locker area. Actually trying to weight the boat for wakeboarding. I want to evenly distribute the weight. Rather than slamming the back end.

How much room was left with the 370 in there? The storage looks huge compared to my 08 VLX.

I really don't think it will. The passageway to the coffin from the back locker goes down to like 12 inches as you pass through. It is really a weight setup.

The 370 fits quite nicely. I really think separate sacs is the way to go

Maybe I'll do 550's in the back, and the 370's under the seats as far forward as they will go. Was hoping to get a little more under the seats. Not sure how much lead I want to tow around, with these boats being heavy already.

The goofy wave is nice, but it has wash at the top at the front. This makes the wave mushy at the front by the boat. I built a wave flap for this, but never got time to install it. If I keep my boat, I am sure I could get this wave as good as any boat out there. This includes Enzo's and x23 s.

Doc is the expert on that side

Well I have been criticized vehemently for trying to achieve a nice lip and curl on that side. I was never able to achieve that.

with 750s in the back lockers, the 370 sac full, with or without bow weight, wedge 2 clicks up and SG the wave has really nice push

I bet those gravity games sacks would work. I know there's an MB guy that swears by them on the MB 23's and MB has the same issue with not really having as much room as the sack is tall.

You would have the issue doc noted earlier with the step down in the side storage compartments once you get farther up the boat from the lockers. Draining would be a challenge. Even with reversible pumps you will get the best results filling and draining from the bottom. with only one drain (bottom) port, you might not be able to get all the water out.

I bet those gravity games sacks would work. I know there's an MB guy that swears by them on the MB 23's and MB has the same issue with not really having as much room as the sack is tall.

You would have the issue doc noted earlier with the step down in the side storage compartments once you get farther up the boat from the lockers. Draining would be a challenge. Even with reversible pumps you will get the best results filling and draining from the bottom. with only one drain (bottom) port, you might not be able to get all the water out.

Guess I need to grab a tape measure and visit the dealer. Not taking delivery until the beginning of March.

I'm really looking to get the best wakeboard wake, so this is hijacking this thread. On the demo, we had 550's in the lockers, 400 in the floor and 750 in the bow. It was excellent, but as always, i want a little more. The boat will easily take it as well.

I'm likely going to go with the triangle in the bow, as there is not really a way to hide weight up front. My thought with the Gravity Game sac was to spread the weight from the back and into the mid-ship. I don't want to see any other sacs out. I'm running a good amount of lead in my current boat. I'm not sure this will be feasible with the weight of the LSV, trailer capacity and towing would be a pain.

I think with 1000lbs sac up front and 750s in the back you will already be pushing a lot of weight and get a great wake / wave. Only change I would make is get 200-500lbs of lead to trim out the differences due to prop rotation. That will help you steepen up the regular wave and probably get your wakeboard wake a bit cleaner too.

When you want to take it to next level get a 800lbs flat sac and put it in the middle of the boat. I have found it is centered enough it does not effect the trim of the boat and thus just adds to any existing wake you have (though I haven't ever tried it for wakeboarding, but then again this is a thread on wakesurfing :lol: .)

We played with putting sacs under the seats in the LSV but its hard to get enough weight under there to make a big difference and not worth it for the lost storage and extra complexity IMO. Lead is awesome for space efficiency but like you said can add a few headaches. Really great as long as you don't over do it.

Edited by pkh