Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

• 2 weeks later...

Alright - I must be doing something incredibly wrong. I have a 2014 LSV 23. I've added 800# PnP to the rear lockers. I've tried almost every combination of internal tanks suggested on this thread and I always end up with a broad, foamy turbulent wake at 10-11 mph. I will say that the boat has an FAE on it, but I doubt that is the issue.

With no ballast at wakeboard speeds, the wake looks great. When I fill all the MLS tanks, and the locker tanks, put the wedge 2 clicks up, I get foam. Any thoughts? I have not tried adding any additional water ballast to the cabin - although I have tried to simulate it by moving people around.

thx so much

Alright - I must be doing something incredibly wrong. I have a 2014 LSV 23. I've added 800# PnP to the rear lockers. I've tried almost every combination of internal tanks suggested on this thread and I always end up with a broad, foamy turbulent wake at 10-11 mph. I will say that the boat has an FAE on it, but I doubt that is the issue.

With no ballast at wakeboard speeds, the wake looks great. When I fill all the MLS tanks, and the locker tanks, put the wedge 2 clicks up, I get foam. Any thoughts? I have not tried adding any additional water ballast to the cabin - although I have tried to simulate it by moving people around.

thx so much

How deep is the water your riding in? I am getting great results with full MLS, 750s in each locker, 400lbs of lead in the bow, and wedge 2 clicks up at 10.8MPH

It could also be that your speedo is not calibrated. Maybe you're not going as fast as you think you are.

<br /><br />I had a problem with my speedo calibration except I was going faster. I kept trying to get my boat up to 12 mph but the wave kept getting real small and had almost no push. Now that my speedo is calibrated I have no more problem and actually prefer the wave at 12 mph.

Anyone having a problem with the glove box latch, ours seems to catch when we are on the water, parked on the trailer it open and closes fine, but on the water i have to pull on the handle while lifting the outer dash

So have found the best wave so far is rear 750s 3/4 full, MLS full, bow 750lbs full, wedge 2 clicks up 11pmh 7 people in the boat. About a 20 ft strong pocket, little over hip high with a great lip.

Wakeboard wise 4 people int he boat, MLS full, 750s half full, bow 1000lbs full, no wedge, damn thing was launching everyone. Normal tricks were going way higher and way out to the flats without effort. Wakeboard wake on this thing is insane when setup right

So have found the best wave so far is rear 750s 3/4 full, MLS full, bow 750lbs full, wedge 2 clicks up 11pmh 7 people in the boat. About a 20 ft strong pocket, little over hip high with a great lip.

Wakeboard wise 4 people int he boat, MLS full, 750s half full, bow 1000lbs full, no wedge, damn thing was launching everyone. Normal tricks were going way higher and way out to the flats without effort. Wakeboard wake on this thing is insane when setup right

I like this CJAY... Like you, I'm a big fan of the bow weight... but I haven't tried the PnP 750's half full. That probably lengthens the wave even more! The wedge at 2 clicks keeps it firm, right?

Good recommendation on wakeboard wake too... I wouldn't have thought to try that.

Next time bring some video!! :thumbup:

I'll try and take some this weekend, will definitely have some from powell when we head there is a few weeks. The surf setup had so much push that I had to ride heavy on the back foot or it'd just shoot me forward if I wasn't carving.

I know the pro riders put tons of weight in the bow when they wakeboard, we have been doing that and the wake is clean and super poppy, riding anywhere from 22-25 depending on the rider. I haven't been throwing down wakeboarding this year much, and man I was getting huge air.

My son has not been able to wakeboard for 2 years, so he eased back into it and started adding weight in July. We pretty much ended up with the same surf and wakeboard setup, just changed speed. We ran rear 750's and 1k bow sac at 3/4 full, wedge 2-3 clicks supplemented with 500 in lead if no people.

Follow up question.. just like with the PNP ballast in the rear, has anyone tied into the bow bag with an overflow fill hose,

By switching the fill and drain pumps to self priming could it all be tied into the factory touch screen?

I just purchased a 2015 23 lsv and have slammed it with a fly high bow sac 3/4 full a sumo flat sac 800 fill on the floor ( looks like a mini waterbed) and 1100's as full as they will get in the rear lockers and of course 100pecent of factory. We ride between 11-11.4 wedge 2-3 clicks from the bottom and it is huge and long! This boat is killer. Running the torque prop with a 350

How doi post pics on here from a mobile device?

Edited by AVC Malibu

I just purchased a 2015 23 lsv and have slammed it with a fly high bow sac 3/4 full a sumo flat sac 800 fill on the floor ( looks like a mini waterbed) and 1100's as full as they will get in the rear lockers and of course 100pecent of factory. We ride between 11-11.4 wedge 2-3 clicks from the bottom and it is huge and long! This boat is killer. Running the torque prop with a 350

You get that up to what speed with the 350? I call pics or it didn't happen

Yes it's a Zulu, it's an awesome board! I will get some pics of the regular wave. It's pretty nice as well but not as tall, lots of push on both sides though.

I am amazed that the 350 can get that much weight to that speed.

I have a Zulu myself and love it. Sick board.

really want to see your regular wave pics. debating on whether I should invest in a floor sac.

Is there any room left in the rear lockers with the 1,100s? Looking to upgrade my 500s.

BTW, nice wave you have going there.