Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

Yeah, it was pretty tall. Do you have any problems with the front dipping with the 750 in the front? I will give what you suggested a try next weekend and update everyone on it. Thinking about speeding up a bit as well to lengthen the wave. Both my wife and I surf goofy so we will probably put the 400 behind the driver.

Ahhh... goofy! I should have asked. I'm also goofy, and that's where I've spent 99% of the time experimenting.

I have no problems running the 750 up front. The boat is just so tall. When I'm in the water waiting for the boat to come around and pick me up I keep my eye on the bow... It never seems to get very close to dipping. But my wife is a great driver and always waits for the waves to pass. You should be able to run the 1100 all or partially filled with no problem.

As for speed... I really like the wave at 12mph.

Ahhh... goofy! I should have asked. I'm also goofy, and that's where I've spent 99% of the time experimenting.

I have no problems running the 750 up front. The boat is just so tall. When I'm in the water waiting for the boat to come around and pick me up I keep my eye on the bow... It never seems to get very close to dipping. But my wife is a great driver and always waits for the waves to pass. You should be able to run the 1100 all or partially filled with no problem.

As for speed... I really like the wave at 12mph.

Yep. Lucky us, seems like the guys that surf normal have a harder time dialing the wave in. Will have to try the wave at 12 mph. Looks like we may have more people with us this weekend so I should get some pics.

Goofy, Just me in the boat with the phone pic from the helm. We were at 11 MPH, 2 clicks on wedge, 750's /1k bow sacs 3/4 full, 500 in lead with 100 bias port side. We had just finished wakeboarding with the same exact ballast setup.

9705FCDE-608F-4F25-9451-46BD17D740AD_zps

• Like 2
Goofy, Just me in the boat with the phone pic from the helm. We were at 11 MPH, 2 clicks on wedge, 750's /1k bow sacs 3/4 full, 500 in lead with 100 bias port side. We had just finished wakeboarding with the same exact ballast setup.

9705FCDE-608F-4F25-9451-46BD17D740AD_zps

Love how long that wake is! Looks like I'll be trying some bow weight and increased speed this weekend!

Here is that ballast line I plumbed in

Pics of the pump, the Y fitting and the coffin and bow sac. Oh and a gratuitous surf shot....

IMAG0369_zps5b2a424b.jpgIMAG0370_zpsf3ad4bb7.jpgIMAG0371_zpsa0f943c2.jpgIMAG0372_zpsb71c4f9b.jpgVIDEO0049_0000050077_zps15b69d12.jpg

Looks good. Once I get my wave dialed in i want to plumb a pump in. Probably will just do a connector so I can connect a hose and fill sacs throughout the boat. Was that a pretty easy install?

Edited by tnsatbhs

Has anyone tried no WEDGE. And just more specifically placed ballast?

I have, but I didn't fill any extra ballast to compensate either. Lacked some push.

I have, but I didn't fill any extra ballast to compensate either. Lacked some push.

What was your setup? I'm wondering what no wedge plus 11-12 mph will look like with stock MLS and 750s in the back.

^^^^no lifejackets?

I get it and expected to get a response, so I don't disagree. We ran the same setup to pull a surf comp Saturday, but had up to 8 people in the boat. I probably could have increased the speed with the extra weight during the comp, but didn't want to experiment during their runs. We had some great reviews of the wave!

I rode behind thtrog's boat on Saturday. Easily the best boat I've ever surfed behind! Dialed in!

I don't usually wear a jacket when I surf either.

Edited by boardjnky4

Im curious, reading everyones set ups for the 2014 LSV and have a general question. Who has the diamond hull who has the wake hull? No one seems to mention what hull they have... Also have noticed that a lot in stock boats at dealers seem to be diamond, any reason for this? what is the prefered hull? and what is the real life difference between the two for surfing?

Thanks in advance

It's way heavier than previous models, I don't care what the numbers say on the site. I've heard through multiple creditable sources this being the case. Also my anecdotal experience is towing my friends 07, which had the 8.0 engine, and my truck acting like it wasn't even there, to my boat feeling like towing a barge and sinking the back end of my 3/4 ton truck to the point where I had to buy a straight hitch. I'm pretty sure the diamond hull would be useless