Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

I think I agree with you. Sure the 900s in the back are awesome and very surfable for 98% of the people using these boats. I love that I can take out the family and friends and push a button and surf on a better than average wave. On the other hand the boat is capable of more I am sure. Someone really needs to bite the bullet and load a new 23 down and she what she can do. Let's face it we haven't seen any slammed pics of the new 23s like we have of VLXs and especially 22 MXZs. It's going to take a scary amount of weight, not for the faint of heart. Sent into space with tapatalk

I had two 1400 lb enzo sacs and 1000 lb bow sac. Wave was impressive but not a ton better than with the 750s and no bow weight.

I would say that is pretty sacked out

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48957-new-lsv-thread/

Edited by DocPhil
I had two 1400 lb enzo sacs and 1000 lb bow sac. Wave was impressive but not a ton better than with the 750s and no bow weight.

I would say that is pretty sacked out

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48957-new-lsv-thread/

You know I read that thread. Don't know why I didn't remember it. From the wave pics your right. Not that much different than just rear weight.

I can't believe that Malibu or Marine Power hasn't stepped to the plate and resolved the cruise issue or even more so the issue with altitude. You know they read the forum and I know many of us, me included, have let dealers know of our issues. The engine is very capable it is being held back by the computer.

Sent into space with tapatalk

The only way I can see connecting the coffin sac to your PNP system is to put some kind of spacer under the coffin sac, so as to put it on a level plane with rear ballast deck. But, then you would loose sac space under those seats. Or, a transfer pump from coffin sac to rear PNP that is only hooked up to the drain function of factory pumps? Pumpologists please pipe in..

I just plumbed in an additional pump. It is actually a pretty sweet setup. I put a y shaped fitting coming off the pump and one line goes to the coffin and one up to the bow. You can fill the sacs independently. The bow line has enough length to sweep back around and fill a cabin sack if needed.

Dealer found 16 pin connector barely attached under dash, now that's it reconnect boat works great again! Cruise control perfect, more power, etc. Yeah! Xtra bow weight is needed, we run aprox 450 up front, left side of the bow. I think this boat likes mid weight also, by putting the 375 in port coffin boat wave is better and since it's kinda mid ship maybe you sea levelers can try more mid. But, I think we're now talking ant farming maybe in inch of wave difference here or there. My next quest is not to make a bigger wave, it's to steepen or sharpen up the port side wave for good airs. Stay tuned...

Are you thinking this 16 pin connector may be loose on all our boats. I know when I get home I will be walking straight to dock to check mine. Anymore description of color location ect

Are you thinking this 16 pin connector may be loose on all our boats. I know when I get home I will be walking straight to dock to check mine. Anymore description of color location ect Sent into space with tapatalk

Can you take a pic. I wanna check mine just to be sure

I just plumbed in an additional pump. It is actually a pretty sweet setup. I put a y shaped fitting coming off the pump and one line goes to the coffin and one up to the bow. You can fill the sacs independently. The bow line has enough length to sweep back around and fill a cabin sack if needed.

Pics please!

;)

• Like 2

Loving these fast 12mph waves you guys are posting up. I run 11.6- 12.2 on mine.

My skin crawls when I see folks posting up about 9.8 - 10.5mph.

Love the waves.

• Like 2

Capdoogie-

Just FYI, my Malibu 247 went bonkers after a dealer did a hack job and drove a screw thru my CAN cable somewhere along its run from the dash back to the engine. Grounded it out, on one of the many circuits it runs.....symptoms very similar to what you describe.

You Might have something similar going on... A screw might have snagged it or a sharp corner of fiberglass somewhere on that 15ft+ run.

Does the gps cruise require calibration. Sorry if that's a dumb questions. all previous boats where paddle wheels and I always used a phone GPS speed app for that.

Loving these fast 12mph waves you guys are posting up. I run 11.6- 12.2 on mine.

My skin crawls when I see folks posting up about 9.8 - 10.5mph.

Love the waves.

Ryan... I'm with ya. Here's a vid I've been sitting on for a few weeks that you might like. It shows us starting at 11.0 mph but then you'll see me ask to bump it to 12.0 mph. You can visibly see the wave get longer and faster, which I like.

Here's the recipe for this one (not too different from my past vids, just a few extra peeps):

* stock ballast full (4 tanks)

* PnP 800's

* 750 in the bow

* 700 lbs. of people in cabin

* Wedge 1 click up

* Speed 11.0 until 0:30 then it goes to 12.0 for the duration

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

F'n love it. I'd surf a wave like that all day long. Still knee high at 15ft+ back, suggests more bow weight might trade 6" of height for another 4-5ft of rideable wave. Or perhaps wedge adjustment.... Looks terrific, enjoy!!

Any one try beyond a 2315 acme prop. With ls3 engine. Like 2249? I know I'll loose top speed even more, but we're talking pulling power ?

The 2315 is more aggressive than the 2249. You are thinking the 2419 same pitch as the 2315, just less cup.

Capdoogie, Taylor's had a slightly used 2419 if you are thinking about switching. I just tested out the 2315 and it definitely helped but the boat is at its max at altitude.

I am at Jordanelle for most of boating time, and I am using 2315 as well..... It is "MUCH" better than the 1235. We surf most of the time and have the 750PNP, plus 500lbs of the bomb bags, all 4 MLS. Wave is steep & pushy, but when I increase speed to 10.8'ish, we are not getting the push needed.

Jeffr & Capdoogie... What speeds are you riding at at Altitude?

Unfortunately we are up against the wall with altitude. It's just physics. I called acme. They said the 2315 and 2419 are same props with just a couple thousandth diff in cup or end of blade change. At lower surf rpm's it's not that noticeable.

Ya, gonna go out on a limb here. Once again the guys at Acme don't know as much as they think they do when it comes to wake props. They are older guys who don't use wakeboats, much less push their limits. Also understand, they are after profits, which guides their recommendations.

The difference in cup between a 2315 and a 2313 is 3-5seconds faster when slammed with ballast(varies from boat to boat of course). Not noticeable?? That's night and day.

What they WONT tell you is what will fix the problem because they can't profit from it..... Yet. Larger diameter prop, which you can get custom made or enlarged off your current prop.

16x12

16x13

17x12

17x13

Something in these ranges ^^^ if you have the hull clearance. The larger dia will limit prop slip much better than cupping down to a 2419, for a tiny but more tq, becomes a lot more inefficient.

Ideally, for heavy wake, you wanna be in the largest diameter prop you can be and still maintain good clearance, as close to a square prop where dia = pitch (inherently the most efficient props: 14x14, 15x15, 16x16 etc etc) that will allow you to get real close to your max 5500rpms. We know the 450s don't have the ho/tq to swing a 16x16 up to 5500rpms... But very likely could swing a 16x12 or 16x13, al the whole limiting prop slip way better than anything available now.

For my 550hp, has the largest 15x14 avail... I know it should have a 17x15ish on there.

Ya, gonna go out on a limb here. Once again the guys at Acme don't know as much as they think they do when it comes to wake props. They are older guys who don't use wakeboats, much less push their limits. Also understand, they are after profits, which guides their recommendations.

The difference in cup between a 2315 and a 2313 is 3-5seconds faster when slammed with ballast(varies from boat to boat of course). Not noticeable?? That's night and day.

What they WONT tell you is what will fix the problem because they can't profit from it..... Yet. Larger diameter prop, which you can get custom made or enlarged off your current prop.

16x12

16x13

17x12

17x13

Something in these ranges ^^^ if you have the hull clearance. The larger dia will limit prop slip much better than cupping down to a 2419, for a tiny but more tq, becomes a lot more inefficient.

Ideally, for heavy wake, you wanna be in the largest diameter prop you can be and still maintain good clearance, as close to a square prop where dia = pitch (inherently the most efficient props: 14x14, 15x15, 16x16 etc etc) that will allow you to get real close to your max 5500rpms. We know the 450s don't have the ho/tq to swing a 16x16 up to 5500rpms... But very likely could swing a 16x12 or 16x13, al the whole limiting prop slip way better than anything available now.

For my 550hp, has the largest 15x14 avail... I know it should have a 17x15ish on there.

Do you know who does these custom props? I'm seriously at the end of my rope with my current setup, thing has very little power weighted

There are a bunch, Nettles will do it in the $200 range... Enlarging my 15" to a 17" etc etc.

But there are other out there... To either modify, or have a custom one made altogether

Cjay, when you "hit the wall" are you redlined but not moving (fast enough) or does your prop not "spin up" to enough RPMs to get you going? I.e. when you are stuck at say 15, are teh revs pegged or no? If you can't spin up your current prop, I don't think a bigger prop is going to help. Seems like your boat is unable to even replicated capdoogie's performance and he's higher than you right?

Also something to consider -- a custom extra big prop might/could potentially have adverse consequences on the rest of the drivetrain (see early G series) which in turn could have warranty consequences. I know when nautique moved to the bigger props they also increased drive shaft size and geared down the tranny. <--- I'm totally talking out my rear end on this one, but it seems reasonable that a non-standard sized prop could have unintended warranty consequences.