Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

I'm running the 2315 prop ls3 motor max speed 31 to 33 mph. At aprox 6300ft. Boat is maxed out with full mls, 900's rear, 375 port coffin, wedge full down. Sometimes I add 250ish to front. If I have more than 3 pax, I don't fill coffin sac. I'm not impressed with ls3 power it seems that it might not be pulling the horses it's claimed to have or this new lsv is heavier than malibu is spec'ing out. Or a combo of alt. lsv weight, and hp miss claim. Or... I'm just pushing the surfing limit and want a ninja ballasted boat. Ha ha

My LS3 + 2315 goes 41 mph at 175' elevation

6300 ft. is no joke.

I feel the hp is there on the lsv. It has to be the altitude. I am at 900' with the 1235 and it seems good. It does push the limits with 900s and 8-10 people on board.

Sent into space with tapatalk

10366058_10203260016754276_4397174612510

Saw this picture on Facebook on the Surf Gate page...it says stock ballast 23 LSV. Somehow I don't believe this, either that or the Plug N' Play is being counted as stock ballast.

I agree about the angle, knew that was coming. :lol: I didn't take the pic or post it on FB, but yes it is stock ballast with no pnp or sacs filled. There was 500 in lead and 10 people in the boat running 11 mph, wedge 3 clicks up.

I agree about the angle, knew that was coming. :lol: I didn't take the pic or post it on FB, but yes it is stock ballast with no pnp or sacs filled. There was 500 in lead and 10 people in the boat running 11 mph, wedge 3 clicks up.

Where's the lead placed?

10 sumo wrestlers and 500 in lead = stock ballast! ;)

Where's the lead placed?

This day I had 150 in the starboard locker, 250 under the port seat, and 100 in the walkway. We were setting up to wakeboard and on of the girls on another boat asked to surf, she took a set and then a couple of the guys had to check it out.

10341591_10203259358657824_4780440605606

10477048_10203259996393767_1779721222234

10476165_10203259394898730_4196308437422

Ok just finished breaking in the new boat and tried our first surf session today. Disappointed. I had 8 people (4 kids) 2 750's in rear and 650 in bow plus MLS and wedge all the way down. I am at 6300 ft same as Capdoogie, the boat struggled and could not get up to 10 mph. Dumped bow sac and center tank and that was better but boat still struggled. Oh yeah I have the LS3 with 1235. Capdoogie are you having the same issues? I am headed to Lake Powell for a week and i am sure without the elevation things will be better. But I have to figure out what to do on our home lakes.

Ok just finished breaking in the new boat and tried our first surf session today. Disappointed. I had 8 people (4 kids) 2 750's in rear and 650 in bow plus MLS and wedge all the way down. I am at 6300 ft same as Capdoogie, the boat struggled and could not get up to 10 mph. Dumped bow sac and center tank and that was better but boat still struggled. Oh yeah I have the LS3 with 1235. Capdoogie are you having the same issues? I am headed to Lake Powell for a week and i am sure without the elevation things will be better. But I have to figure out what to do on our home lakes.

Get the 2315. Problem solved

I am also having the same problem. We are at about 4800 ft and I am currently running the 1235 and had trouble getting up to or over 10 mph. I hope going to the 2315 will solve this.

We received and installed the new fresh air exhaust system and love it. Also surfed on a new custom brigade surfboard, but couldn't get the speed to where I needed it to really enjoy the board. Water is still only in the mid to high 50's so we still have time to get this all dialled in while we let the water warm up.

max speed is 42 mph with the 2315.

PRS, can you attach some pics of your FAE?

42 is my top speed at 1000ft. I am wondering if the top speed is the same and the 1235 is just the wrong prop for our boats. On wakemakers they only reconnect 15" props for the 23. Maybe the 1235 is a little under size.

Sent into space with tapatalk

I agree on the 15". My factory prop is a 14.5", but it's a LSA. I do think it needs at least a 15" prop though. I feel like I'm spinning the tires out of the hole.

I agree on the 15". My factory prop is a 14.5", but it's a LSA. I do think it needs at least a 15" prop though. I feel like I'm spinning the tires out of the hole.

Try it with a 537! Why they even bother with this prop is beyond me. Minimum should be a 1939. I have so much prop slip on take off its not funny. I have a slightly repitched 1235 I am putting on this week. Previous owner said it was pitched down to 12.5 from 14.25.

If you're going to run locker heavy the last thing you want to do is dump the front to get it to plane or get to speed. Lose some of the back weight first. Powell isn't that much lower, it's just bellow 5000ft