Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official 2014 LSV 23 surf setup thread...

IXFE

I kind of agree,, I think I had the best wake with full MLS and then the 600s filled, once I started adding bow it made it look longer put push seemed to fade, felt like the Tige' I rode behind.

Wake makers Dude said to run full MLS 600's in trunk and then try a 750 on the floor port side across from driver Ie. Coffin.

a 750 will not fit in there.

they sell a 370 lb sac that will plus you will need lead. that is my plan. I already have the 370 lb sac and I will incremently add lead as needed

I think bow weight is needed though

^^^ That wave is looking nice :thumbup: , and awesome riding, you make it look soooooo easy!

Edit: what happened to wave in the second half of video, does not look anything like the first part?

Edited by Fman

On our 2014 23LSV we run:

- Full MLS (all 4 tanks)

- PNP 750lb bags full (in each locker)

- 800lb Ronix bag across back seat

- 400lb Ronix bag in bow

- 11.2mph (gps adjusted paddle wheel)

- Driver plus one passenger

We mix it up to practice on different types of waves but this produces an incredible goofy wave and a very good regular wave.

https://vimeo.com/96663009

What position is the wedge in?

Here is session #2 on our new boat. I made a few changes to the setup.

• All four MLS tanks 100% full
  • Both 800 lb. Ronix PnP bags 100% full
  • 750 lb. Sumo Sac in the bow (running front to back)
  • 0 lbs. of kids in the bow
  • 450 lbs. of people in the cabin
  • Wedge two clicks up (25%)
  • Speed: 11.4 mph
  • Engine: LS3 450hp
  • Prop: 2315
  • Board: 2011 Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro 4'8" (two fins)
  • Rider: 5'10" 175 lbs.

Same drill... critique the wave and the rider.

My take... big improvement for both. The wave was taller, but still plenty for room to move up and back. Lots more push. I tried some small pumps here and there. I also tried facing the wave more; watching the vid, not sure I was successful. With that said, by far the biggest improvement came from the Inland Surfer Sweet Spot Pro. What a great ride! Lighter, more maneuverable, faster, and enough rocker to avoid pearling. Unfortunately, it's not mine. I borrowed it from a friend. I wonder if he'll notice when i go dark? I might have to change my cell number. LOL.

Fun fact... notice a fellow Crew member come into the screen at 0:29. Love running into good boat peeps on the river! Anybody know who that is??

IMG_2805_zpsbaydcscs.jpg

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

Went out yesterday and tried

rear MLS full + 600 sumo's full

Center MLS Full

Front MLS only at 75%

Wedge all the way down

Speed 10.2 to 10.4

Thought is was the best yet.

I ran a similar setup to Kaddman yesterday. No bow weight at all. 750s PNP full; wedge 2 clicks up; everything else full. 11.6 mph. The wave was sweet! I still think it needs coffin weight (which I haven't experimented with yet) but I am not so sure how much it "needs" bow weight. It might help a bit but I'm not sure.

This is quite surprising Cap and pretty shocking. Perhaps it is due to the increased weight of the boat overall? I have no idea but it seems like one of the few Bus that might not need it. If that is the case, I am ecstatic. I am willing to if needed but I hate throwing a sac in the bow.

Maybe next time I'll try moving that 750 back to the walk through.

I gotta be honest though, I really liked the wave yesterday (and the board).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

This is quite surprising Cap and pretty shocking. Perhaps it is due to the increased weight of the boat overall? I have no idea but it seems like one of the few Bus that might not need it. If that is the case, I am ecstatic. I am willing to if needed but I hate throwing a sac in the bow.

Doc I still think I'm going fork out for those lead / steal sacs and stash them around in the boat or find something similar. I think the weight needs to be added from the walk through to the back. I noticed when driving yesterday that I could't see over the bow as easy… I think plowing the back of the boat through the water is the ticket.

Setup today was 750s in the rear with the 400 in the coffin

NO BOW WEIGHT

wedge 2 clicks up

12 mph

I actually could surf it at 12.2-12.4 there was so much push.

I actually think this is the perfect setup for me. I can't imagine needing any better of a surf wave. LOVE the fact that it needs no bow weight

Getting some lead probably won't hurt but I don't think it is necessary at all

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 3

LOVE the fact that it needs no bow weight

no visible sacks! sounds awesome. you'll need to put a garden hose nozzle on that supplemental bow line so you can hose down offending boats (and dirty kids).

no visible sacks! sounds awesome. you'll need to put a garden hose nozzle on that supplemental bow line so you can hose down offending boats (and dirty kids).

LOL

The beautiful part is that the guy who does the plumbing wasn't available when mine was to be done so it didn't get plumbed in!!!

Now I can either get my money back or have the line run to the coffin instead. I might do that because that coffin weight is essential I believe

NO BOW WEIGHT

wedge 2 clicks up

12 mph

I actually think this is the perfect setup for me. I can't imagine needing any better of a surf wave. LOVE the fact that it needs no bow weight

when you say no bow ballast, do you mean that even your stock tank is empty?

Also, where's the video? ;->

Sorry should have clarified. No additional bow ballast over stock

couldn't get any video today. It was kinda hectic with the kiddos bouncing around. I will try to get some tomorrow.

Try this setup though and you won't be disappointed. I think the speed does essentially what the bow bags normally do. Just lengthens it out

Shawn, it makes the goofy wave less steep. which for me is not a bad thing

I had one question. When my buddy drives when I am surfing he stalls the boat out (has happened about 3 times on this new boat). It has never happened to me. Basically what he told me is that he will put it in neutral after I fall and then pop it into reverse for some reason. I suppose it is to make the turn around easier? I have no clue. But when he goes into reverse it stalls. Is this just from fuel shifts? Like going from surfing then all of a sudden to reverse? Anything I need to do besides tell him not to do that?

I don't know enough about the mefi systems but could be adaptive. That is to say you doesn't have enough hours on your boat yet for the adaptive strategies to be set. Total guess.

Well it certainly seems that you LSV owners are getting your waves dialed! I'd be up for trying this surf gate thing again!

Edited by Ruffdog

NO BOW WEIGHT

wedge 2 clicks up

12 mph

Doc, did you also check the goofy side wave weighted like this as my wife is currently riding this way?

I was driving Vince's boat (seen @ :30 mark)... totally ate one of those rollers and dipped the bow right there haha.

Nice boat. Good looking' wave.

I was driving Vince's boat (seen @ :30 mark)... totally ate one of those rollers and dipped the bow right there haha.

Nice boat. Good looking' wave.

Lol! I'm laughing out loud. I thought it was ironic that my son captured you guys in the video, but I didn't realize you took on some river water. Now that I look closely... yep. Sorry about that!

Yes, it was basically equal

I put the passengers on the port side with the 370 and it evened the weight out. It was stellar on both sides

this is the sac I have.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-tube-sac.html

fits perfectly in the coffin on the LSV. with room to spare for lead if needed

Doc have u noticed the bling on the side of the gate on the side your surfing creates some white wash and a line in the wave. Was watching some 2013 lsv on you tube and it looks like it's not as bad? Edited by kaddman