Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23 LSV issues I have found, 100k for this?

kaddman

I bought the RF BT module myself, not the gateway one the boats come with, and I have full control. I don't think the sound quality is as good as when it's plugged into the glovebox, but it works the same, and it doesnt have to be reconnected every time you power the boat back on

How do you rig that one up? The only one I have seen does not allow the BT to be controlled via the dash or the transom remotes. The gateway certainly should allow for that - the wired does and most BT gateways do...

I have the RF BT module too. Sounds way better than Maliview BT. There is Bluetooth input plug hanging behind the RF unit. Apparently the Maliview BT goes through the Aux input so it left the actual BT input free. Just plug it I'm and it works. Auto connects after initial connection. BT shows up as input option on RF remote once it's connected. Super easy. Only $60.

I bought the RF BT module myself, not the gateway one the boats come with, and I have full control. I don't think the sound quality is as good as when it's plugged into the glovebox, but it works the same, and it doesnt have to be reconnected every time you power the boat back on

I have the RF BT module too. Sounds way better than Maliview BT. There is Bluetooth input plug hanging behind the RF unit. Apparently the Maliview BT goes through the Aux input so it left the actual BT input free. Just plug it I'm and it works. Auto connects after initial connection. BT shows up as input option on RF remote once it's connected. Super easy. Only $60.

Are you talking about the RF BT dongle? On their website it's referred to as the RFXBT or RFX5000BT? Listed at $84.99. If it works like you say, want to get, but want to be sure we're talking about the same thing. Thanks

It's the RFXBT. It only works with the RFX5000 black box. I have this unit, and it does allow you to change tracks on both remotes! I bought mine from sonic electronics. I think it was around $60. Sound quality isn't the best, but it serves it's purpose well. It is a little hissy on the highs.

It's the RFXBT. It only works with the RFX5000 black box. I have this unit, and it does allow you to change tracks on both remotes! I bought mine from sonic electronics. I think it was around $60. Sound quality isn't the best, but it serves it's purpose well. It is a little hissy on the highs.

Interesting. Thanks - didn't know that existed! Just ordered one for $46 from onlinecarstereo.com.

Edited by daylorb

Interesting. Thanks - didn't know that existed! Just ordered one for $46 from onlinecarstereo.com.

Doubt you actually get it. I ordered one from there too, and after 3 weeks of them telling me they were on backorder I cancelled and ordered one from Sonic Electronics.

Did the exact same thing, exact same website. Ha.

Doubt you actually get it. I ordered one from there too, and after 3 weeks of them telling me they were on backorder I cancelled and ordered one from Sonic Electronics.

Also good to know. Thanks.

I have been to my dealer 0 times in 107 hours....

It sucks to continue to hear these stories...I hope they get resolved

um didn't you go a little while ago for gel repair?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Has anyone looked into the RF 6000 in lieu of the stock 5000. It appears to have better Bluetooth.

Sent into space with tapatalk

I had not looked at it. Question though - is the Bluetooth through Rockford Fosgate? Or the Mailview unit? It just dawned on me that if the 5000 requires the RXBT adapter - then the 5000 alone must not have BT built-in. The device that connects to BT is the Mailview device - not any of the Rockford Fosgate stuff... so I suspect that perhaps Mailview just connects into the Aux port with something like RCA connections, nothing dynamic. This would explain why the wired connection actually works with full controls... it is a dynamic connection.

Seems to make sense.

Yeah the sound quality is pretty crappy, just about anything rockford fosgate marine is worthless. We don't use it much

2 new boats for me, and have watched my buddies buy multiple new boats as well. There is ALWAYS a short list with every boat....thats why they make warranties...I understand getting a little peeved..because i did too, but in the long run, if they fix it, then no big deal...

• Like 2

Just my impression.

I have been watching the Natique Forms for some time and find that there owners appear to be very happy when the NEW boats show up. The Quality fit and finish are what they expected for there money.

I am now having upholstery turning pink issues which will be taken care of under warrantee. Im wondering what the future holds for my 2011 if after 3 years this is happening. But I don't hear the complaints like I do with out BU's . Or the dealers they have working things out when something happens. The Natique dealer close to me is one of the best in sales and servicing customers maybe I should check out what they mean?

Just my impression.

I have been watching the Natique Forms for some time and find that there owners appear to be very happy when the NEW boats show up. The Quality fit and finish are what they expected for there money.

I am now having upholstery turning pink issues which will be taken care of under warrantee. Im wondering what the future holds for my 2011 if after 3 years this is happening. But I don't hear the complaints like I do with out BU's . Or the dealers they have working things out when something happens. The Natique dealer close to me is one of the best in sales and servicing customers maybe I should check out what they mean?

I know my friend ordered a G21 back in april and it's been multiple weeks late. Every boat maker has it's issues

I just ripped out all the RF marine head unit, black box, and remote... totally worthless; especially the remote... what are they thinking?

Put in a Fusion head unit, BT, and remote. Remote even has the spin knob and I have full control of the head unit w/ display. Come on man....

After about $350, it's all good now. :woot:

I just ripped out all the RF marine head unit, black box, and remote... totally worthless; especially the remote... what are they thinking?

Put in a Fusion head unit, BT, and remote. Remote even has the spin knob and I have full control of the head unit w/ display. Come on man....

After about $350, it's all good now. :woot:

After looking Fushion looks legit. Any pics of install. Did it fit in factory chrome bezel. How is blue tooth control. Can you skip songs via head unit?

Sent into space with tapatalk

Yeah... I will take some today and post them up.... had to fabricate a plate for the remote, but it looks really good.

BT has a long range, but no control. I only use BT when tied up to our friends anyway. My stereo is tuned for hard wired iPod; hard wiring is really the way to go for quality anyway.

Yeah... I will take some today and post them up.... had to fabricate a plate for the remote, but it looks really good.

BT has a long range, but no control. I only use BT when tied up to our friends anyway. My stereo is tuned for hard wired iPod; hard wiring is really the way to go for quality anyway.

Wifi does not lose sound quality as well, that's why you are seeing more and more wifi systems coming than Bluetooth. Range, quality, wireless, you get it all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking as a general statement. While wired has for a long time been the best quality, WIFI, for streaming music is changing that, even with home systems. I can't imagine it will be much longer before we see other devices coming to use in the applications we want

But here is one more, although I have not tried it, but to the point, more are coming

http://www.amazon.com/ARIIC%C2%AENew-AirMusic-AirPlay-receiver-Android/dp/B00ID1H7G8

Edited by wakebrdr94

I was under the impression that Bluetooth streams at much higher bitrate than most mp3's are recorded at - so there shouldn't be much if any sound quality degradation from the bluetooth itself. The D/A converters could be another story, but there should be no difference from the transport of BT vs. Wifi (distance aside of course...)

Not to take too much away from the original discussion, but bluetooth has a high compression rate. I think the biggest obstacle for wifi was you needed everything connected to a central router, like in your main router in your home. Devices like the airport, airenabler, and the product above send out their own network signal and no longer need that central location.