Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Calling all FAE owners with floating wedge

wakesetter8796

Less than a half inch I would say. Gets real close when the wedge gets about 80% down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks, wr are exited about it. Gonna try surfing Monday with the new board and new ballast, and new exhaust. Good times!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I don't have turn downs, mine are straight pretty much. I wish I had a before pic. The boat is much quieter. But I did not go above 15 mph per the directions. As far as water draining, it should drain on its own as the lift raises it.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Not sure where the stay below 15mph came from.

Would not be with the FAE as I know a member in AU who has FAE on a HH response & bare foots behind it.

Could you elaborate on the 15mph limit quoted as I have not seen this in the FAE instructions

Not sure where the stay below 15mph came from.

Would not be with the FAE as I know a member in AU who has FAE on a HH response & bare foots behind it.

Could you elaborate on the 15mph limit quoted as I have not seen this in the FAE instructions

It's just for the first 2 hours after installing that they say to keep it below 15. I can go top speed and be fine now.

Doesn't the FAE get hot? I'd worry about reaching down to release the wedge and burning a forearm.

I don't know from experience, but since the risers don't get very hot, I'd guess the fae (being submerged ) is going to be just warmer than the water.

Doesn't the FAE get hot? I'd worry about reaching down to release the wedge and burning a forearm.

No my kids use it to step in the boat like a ladder.

The FAE is that sturdy? Like to step on? I've been contemplating doing this on my '07 VTX as well. Oh the winter projects are piling up :)

You bolt it to your wedge so its very strong.

IMG_1292_zps7f8778a6.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of the new FAE that is a 1-piece unit (not the ones with the down tube connected to the side tube with couplings like posted in this thread).

Most of the pics on the FAE website is their older stuff (most of their pics are of stuff they no longer sell).

I hate the erector setup of the older models and one of the reasons I didn't go with them. I just want to see the 1 piece with a floating wedge, but maybe no one has it yet?

• 9 months later...

Sorry Crew,

Newbe question here....Is this FAE system really worth the effort and expense? I am thinking of replacing the turn down exhaust on my 2007 24 LSV to the standard black flap system as I am getting hydrolocking on the turn downs.... Maybe I should just covert to the FAE system but can't say I think the current system is that noisy or CO2 hampered( unless you have your head right next to the platform, which I avoid) . What do you think ?

Thanks

FAE is worth every last cent. Personal opinion, but I won't own a boat without it. One of my friends has an identical boat to me and everytime I'm on it, I almost can't stand how loud it is.