Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rpm gauge 14 Lsv

• 1 year later...

Interesting solution! Could you provide details on the setup. Also, what the heck is that other mount on your windshield?

After only 50 hours out I miss not having the tach availability and it would seems like an easy software fix to at least unlock the ability to toggle between speed and RPM while in cruise.

Interesting solution! Could you provide details on the setup. Also, what the heck is that other mount on your windshield?

After only 50 hours out I miss not having the tach availability and it would seems like an easy software fix to at least unlock the ability to toggle between speed and RPM while in cruise.

The other mount is a phone mount.

This is the tach I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251633566203?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

tapped the gray wire from the mefi harness over the transmission for the signal lead, then positive and negative under the dash. Pretty easy.

Downside is that the cheapo ebay tach is about 10% low (3000 is really 3300, etc). It does give a good guide though. FWIW, the factory tach on my 2011 MB varied similarly from the electronic tach built into zero off.

easy enough to remove if I get sick of it too, and it's wired with a weatherpack connector so if I ever decide to upgrade to a "real" tach that should be pretty easy too.