Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newer tow rig opinions

ebelizard

Ive loved all my trucks which is why I keep buying them. As others have posted they don't see the milage and it's a dog.... Well I do see 20 on the highway and average 16, there are a lot of variables there. Granted yes an 08 Silverado with the 5.3 and 3.73 isn't necessarily built to haul a 247, or maybe a new lsv! It hauls my 05 vlx fantastic and cruises the highways at 75 doing it without overheating or any issues at all Included several trips to Grand Lake, Beaver, Table rock, and on the way home from Dallas to Kansas City. A denali while an awesome truck with the 6.2 awd, can haul 5 of the OP's boats at once. If your looking for a big nasty truck you've found it, Ive driven it! The freakin 2.8 2005 liberty diesel will haul that boat! Upgrading to the heavier boat, either of your choices will do great. Sorry for everyones misfortune with the dreaded 4 spd 5.3 lol I kid I kid :rofl:

Jeep liberty?

Edited by Bozboat

As everyones said the 6speed is better if possible, but the 4 speed should treat you great as well! I dont find my 4 speed hunting for gears nearly as much as the, but the tow haul mode on my 6 is amazing, engine braking is spot on, makes mountains effortless