Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Unwrapped her today!

Ryannewcomb30

I think the dash issue is pretty common. My VTX had a bubble on the dash and my VLX had some areas around the start button. Is the vinyl glued on over a layer of foam and separating from the plastic frame?

I can understand engine, drivetrain, and electrical issues more than these type of problems. No way they should get to the customer, but I know that is wishful thinking. Building my punch list as I type this.

Had my entire glove box dash replaced last season, they did a terrible job on it. I'm loosing faith in Malibu quality control, some of the items I have had to replace should have never left the factory. I think they are really trying to crank out the boats and loosing focus on quality control. I also had a punch list, Malibu and dealer did take care of everything.

Edited by Fman

Its stunning. In a world of colored, flashy, sparkly boats, I am a big fan of the mostly white gels. It looks so striking. Can't wait to see pictures of it on the water. Congrats!

Had my entire glove box dash replaced last season, they did a terrible job on it. I'm loosing faith in Malibu quality control, some of the items I have had to replace should have never left the factory. I think they are really trying to crank out the boats and loosing focus on quality control. I also had a punch list, Malibu and dealer did take care of everything.

A year or so ago they had a video were they were bragging about their newly local hired QAQC floor manager. Seemed like a good local Bro.

What they need to do is get a professionally trained operations research engineer.... Same as Honda and Toyota do, and US manf now follow.... Perhaps snag one from them. Skip the great Bro approach.

nice boat , it really looks great ! One question , wakeseter with one t ?

Have you been hiding under a rock? Haha!! All of the 2014 logos are that way. If you look close, it is a single t split in two. I'm sure there are more pics of it on here.

Great looking color scheme! My dash has some similar issues. I was wondering if it was going to work itself out as well.

Kelly

Just looked today and my dash has same problem. Whats up with this?

dash.jpg

ahopkins22LSV

Almost looks like they got a bad batch of adhesive. I would be curious to know the dates of when everyone's boat was going through the line on here for who is having this problem.

Almost looks like they got a bad batch of adhesive. I would be curious to know the dates of when everyone's boat was going through the line on here for who is having this problem.

Mine was started April 14th. Probably not related but also have bubble in platform covering.

Edited by MEYJR

Just looked today and my dash has same problem. Whats up with this?

dash.jpg

Sent the dealer this pic today and they have already requested a new "dash pod". Said they have seen a few like this already.

Thats crazy! My dealer said we should wait until fall when he can have the boat for awhile. Said it may correct itself after being out in the sun some. Should I go ahead and make it right now>? He said it would still be under warranty so I should just wait till end of season. Thoughts?

I'd wait. You're likely gonna have more warranty issues. May as well get them fixed all at the same time and save making multiple trips to the dealer. Not like it's impacting whatever water sports you're into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are way too easy on Malibu on this. If you had bought a new 85k Porsche and the hand stitched dash looked like that, you would standing on the dealer's desk demanding it be fixed.

This is crap. Those seams didn't do that in transit and sitting in the sun will probably make it worse as the glue gets hot. The sun trick does work with discolored vinyl.

• Like 2

Sent the dealer this pic today and they have already requested a new "dash pod". Said they have seen a few like this already.

I had this happen on my 2013 last year, except it was on the passenger pod all along the bottom below glive box area. I don't think it's bad batch of adhesive, I think it is poor workmanship because they are cranking out the boats. The new dash pod looks great. I just waited until fall to get it repaired, as others mentioned, you will have more stuff pop up and it's easy to knock them out all at once.