Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any Ideas on how I could Stick My Soulcraft in a Rack?

Afun

I had a demo Soulcraft Fangtail on my boat for about a month last season. I had HIGH expectations after reading so many positive reviews. While I could surf it just fine I felt I liked the Ronix Parks Thruster better... more stable side to side and even fastwr down the line than the Fangtail I had. I really wanted to love the Soulcraft but in the end I just didn't. Maybe I'll try again this year.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

IXFE...don't give up! I think the fangtail is meant to be pumped. This is very different from my board.

It's not a negative thing, but theirs no way the thruster could compare to the speed and maneuverability of the Soulcrafts.

Edited by Afun

The Fangtail likes to be pumped if you are a cruzer its not the board. It is very responsive but a lot of work. RJ loves it, but I like the Jetty Squash for speed and looseness.

• Like 2

The Fangtail likes to be pumped if you are a cruzer its not the board. It is very responsive but a lot of work. RJ loves it, but I like the Jetty Squash for speed and looseness.

Post a pick of your rack...

I had a demo Soulcraft Fangtail on my boat for about a month last season. I had HIGH expectations after reading so many positive reviews. While I could surf it just fine I felt I liked the Ronix Parks Thruster better... more stable side to side and even fastwr down the line than the Fangtail I had. I really wanted to love the Soulcraft but in the end I just didn't.

Maybe I'll try again this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

what speed were you running on your surf wave?

That Bomb Pop is no stronger than the Soulcraft...is it? How long in the racks, any damage?

The bottom pic....FAE Mod looks good....any benefits?

That DBOT 5 Robot Wakesurf is hard to find

Edited by Afun

Oh gotcha. Carry on lol

I was being sarcastic but I did pay high 700s. A friend of mine bought one recently and paid 900 plus??!?! I had a Rusty surfboard for big wave surfing on the Mexican Pipe and paid under $1000 so, it IS getting slightly ridiculous.

• Like 2
IXFE...don't give up! I think the fangtail is meant to be pumped. This is very different from my board.

It's not a negative thing, but theirs no way the thruster could compare to the speed and maneuverability of the Soulcrafts.

Believe me, afun... I want to like it. What model do you have? I like the idea of a fast board (it's what I like most about the Parks Thruster). Does your board pearl easy? That's the one thing I don't love about the Thruster.

The Walker is a 4.5 JW Signature custom built in 09 it has some pressure dings but lots of hrs on it behind the boat.

The black scuffing comes off easy

Fam062Medium.jpg

Believe me, afun... I want to like it. What model do you have? I like the idea of a fast board (it's what I like most about the Parks Thruster). Does your board pearl easy? That's the one thing I don't love about the Thruster.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Trust me the thruster opened my eyes to the possibility of what these boards are capable of. It's a Soulcraft Jetty Swallow Tail Twinzer Set-Up 4'8. I think he calls it a Sex Panther now, not sure. He has changed up his website. The board is very hard to pearl and is much more buoyant than the thruster. You press your front foot down and go! The beauty of it is that it pumps so easy and effortlessly. It has changed my entire perspective about pumping a board to gain speed. I am about and 193 5'9 and 4'8 board is awesome! I did change out the stock fins to Black Stix V2 F4's

Loooots of hype about Soulcraft in here. They are so good and so exclusive some day I may be able to try one out if I am lucky to be near one.

It must have these magical properties that have never and will never be replicated in any of the other 15+ wakesurf companies. Pure synergy.

Reminds me of the threads on here few years back where the 1235 was know as the ultimate tq stump pulling prop. Kinda maybe, but not quite.

They are pretty good Ry. Not to say that someone else's preference may be something else though.

I ponied up for one, and if you been here long enough. Which I know you have been, you know I am not exactly the " jump on the bandwagon" kind of guy.

With that being said..... Week#10 is upon us.

ruff, maybe one of these to go along with the surfboard?

http://www.soulcraftbikes.com/frames.php?frame_id=7&tab_id=3

I saw that when I was shopping for my soulcraft a year ago. Iirc they have two lines, one with a custom us built bikes and another line that pre made. I was suspicious if their pre made bike were us built or not. See road bike thread I might have an idea Edited by Ruffdog

Loooots of hype about Soulcraft in here. They are so good and so exclusive some day I may be able to try one out if I am lucky to be near one.

It must have these magical properties that have never and will never be replicated in any of the other 15+ wakesurf companies. Pure synergy.

Reminds me of the threads on here few years back where the 1235 was know as the ultimate tq stump pulling prop. Kinda maybe, but not quite.

Don't be hatin'....I hope you get to try one out soon

They are pretty good Ry. Not to say that someone else's preference may be something else though.

I ponied up for one, and if you been here long enough. Which I know you have been, you know I am not exactly the " jump on the bandwagon" kind of guy.

With that being said..... Week#10 is upon us.

There's a running joke on the MB forum about whether MB can make a boat before Jeff can make a board... so far MB is winning.

There's a running joke on the MB forum about whether MB can make a boat before Jeff can make a board... so far MB is winning.

It's sounds like you want him to expand and not make boards himself. James Walker same scenario. CMS has some and a member has a few too. I forget...,don't be hatin' doggy

• Like 2

I can't predict how the man will run his business but something's going to change I'm sure of that. Someone won't happy either way.

It's sounds like you want him to expand and not make boards himself. James Walker same scenario. CMS has some and a member has a few too. I forget...,don't be hatin' doggy

Afun, seroius question... how long did it take to get yours?

Afun, seroius question... how long did it take to get yours?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2 months total because I had to return because the nose had a little damage. 6 1/2 weeks was a good off season wait.

Well, it goes up the wave faster than anything I have been on. It goes down the wave even faster which gives you the speed to do nice long bottom turns. You will also notice when you go up the wave it wants lift off the lip of the wave. It's very loose, kind of like a skim, but the control of a surfboard with fins. When you drop back to the rear of the wave you could actually wiggle the board board forward without actually pumping it. Pumping it is a entirely different story. This thing gains tremendous speed with two short pumps. I hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain in words.

Translation: they're actually made for surfing wakesurf waves (unlike 70% of the foam core boards out there, which are crap).

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good foam core boards out there...... But there's 20x that many that are a confusing mess or completely one dimensional. They're getting better tho. 5 years ago I would have said that 90% were crap. The shapers are figuring it out. Jeff seems to be on the leading edge of that learning curve....... hence the price..... Hence the wait.

And I have to say; Ive never seen a foam core board with the type of quality of Ruffdogs fangtail. Not even close. I think their fragility is being overstated. Ruffs has spent plenty of time in the rack (on my boat) and I've never seen any damage.

Afun; put the thing in a surf rack, forget about it, and go surfing. You're going to drop it OR someone's going to run it into the back of the boat OR your kid is going to ghost ride his bike into it in the garage OR whatever.... long before its damaged in a properly fitted rack.

Edited by -BS-