Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Right About This Time....Are You Guys Out On The Boat Every Weekend?

Afun

Bahahahahaha!!!! Perhaps he was scared of your intentions. He is pretty weak and frail these days and can't defend himself well.

This is too darn funny :rofl: Ouch, stop it, ouch....... okay.....

Still a bit early in the year. But give it another month & we will be.

I live 2 blocks from the lake & keep the boat in a slip, trailer by the house. I can leave work at 5, change clothes & jump on the golf cart with the ski gear & be on the boat with a cold beer by 6 & have a 2 -3 hours to mess around before it gets dark. Weekends I will probably go out for a couple hours in the morning or evening, but only spend the day out there maybe once or twice a month.

You have a wonderful life my friend. I am jealous!

You have a wonderful life my friend. I am jealous!

I wouldn't go that far. But secondary waterfront is definitely the easiest way I've found for a workin class guy to get on the lake & allow him to enjoy it to the fullest.

I used to have a pretty good situation on Lake Sammamish too. If I hadn't been transferred east of the mountains, I had my eyes on a house in a neighborhood between Issaquah & Redmond called Waverly Hills. Many of the houses are just a few blocks from the beach.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Malibu goes in the water when the lake gets up to the mid 60's, then stays in there till it falls below the mid 60's. 95% of boat use is skiing, mainly on weekdays when our lake is not a tubing lake. My Winner runabout is in the lake from ice out till the lake gets hard, but goes to NJ salt water when the Malibu is in the lake during the summer. Winner is a good ski boat and also used for fishing. It was our primary ski boat from 1970 till 2002, accumulating over 3000 hours.

Our dream is to live on Sammamish someday, and hopefully not in the tooooo distant future. I'll check out that Waverly Hills community, thanks.

• Like 1

My son is the one that usually causes the stress. He is 3 and full of energy. We like to have adult time on the boat and also family time. My wife is also a little protective about putting them in the back the boat. She is starting to loosen up. Last season was our first season on the lake. Maybe this season a trainer ski for the bigger one.

We use a set up called WakeTrainer. Its a wakeboard wedge into an inflatable horseshoe for buoyancy and the rope runs from the boat to the from of the tube and then up to the rider. Had my kids on it at 2 and 3. Now they are wakeboarding at 5 and 6 WITHOUT any training aids.