Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat....DEFINITELY!

Sunscape fan

I've never seen a Malibu ladder until the new owner had one installed on my 24. It's mounted right in the center of the swim platform, so not sure how/if it will effect the wave.

Congrats on the new boat SF!

I wanted the swim ladder for some rather husky in laws but I was too nervous about the wave

Cervelo raised his platform and hasn't had trouble but I don't know if I want to go that far.

Sunscape fan was going to be the guinea pig but I think I talked him out of it.

Nope. Lol. I'm still getting it. I asked the dealer if it would affect the wave or cause spray and he told me it won't be in the water while surfing or otherwise. I was planning on full stock ballast and 550's in the back. Will this sink the platform while surfing?

Two minor things I would add:

-Trailer steps. The 23 sits pretty high on the trailer, so these make getting in the boat much easier.

-Spare tire mount underneath the boat. If you plan on using the swing away tongue, having the spare mounted near the tongue prevents it from swinging all the way back.

Two minor things I would add:

-Trailer steps. The 23 sits pretty high on the trailer, so these make getting in the boat much easier.

-Spare tire mount underneath the boat. If you plan on using the swing away tongue, having the spare mounted near the tongue prevents it from swinging all the way back.

I thought about the trailer steps and decided against them cause they are $200 or so and they might interfere with going in the garage.

I wanted the under mount spare tire for the very reason you stated, but it was ridiculously expensive. So instead the dealer will change out how the tongue swings so now it will swing to the left so it avoids the spare tire.

I thought about the trailer steps and decided against them cause they are $200 or so and they might interfere with going in the garage.

I wanted the under mount spare tire for the very reason you stated, but it was ridiculously expensive. So instead the dealer will change out how the tongue swings so now it will swing to the left so it avoids the spare tire.

Wow... it's like talking to myself. I made the same exact decisions for the same exact reasons.

Now I regret passing on the steps and the undermount spare. My dealer is going to swap the tongue to swing the other way.

Wow... it's like talking to myself. I made the same exact decisions for the same exact reasons.

Now I regret passing on the steps and the undermount spare. My dealer is going to swap the tongue to swing the other way.

IXFE, I tried to send you a msg but it said you can't accept any more msgs

This is what the interior will look like:

image_zps47455df9.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. I took a pic of my computer screen

Edited by Sunscape fan
  • Like 2

First you can't go wrong with either color choice. I have the docking lights and they are ok at best, my dealer is installing aftermarket underwater leds as the factory ones are not very bright. The aftermarkets are 24 led per light vs 6 on factory. One other option you may want to consider is adding a heated seat in conjunction with the 3 port heater. The heated seat is AWESOME if you go out when It is cold.

To the lake, go we must.

Congrats, you must be a one heck of a sweet talker or salesman . My vote for color is #2. I would get the transome lights or any other options installed from factory b/c with boat of your dream , you will be having so much fun , that spending time on any boat mods will be put off till later, then when crusing at first night out ,you will be thinking man I wish I had those transome lights to show off.

Congratulations, We all know how stressful but fun the color selection can be...

I have an all black boat on order, (may 6 spray date)..with red swoosh...so I will be able to give you some pics soon. Hopefully my picks will help justify yours.

Your boat will be amazing, and last you for years. Enjoy this time, don't stress and just imagine how much fun you guys will have on the water!

-Cip

Your wife is definitely a keeper. Does she know how much a new 23lsv is going to cost up here in Canada? Or did you wisely leave that part out ;-)

Haha. She knows. She was right beside me during the build and quote process.

Fwiw, I made a rope ladder using some extra rope. I just tied off a couple of loops and hung it from the transom handle. It was successful in getting people in that needed a little help. Filling rear ballasts while at the swimming spot helps too.

Fwiw, I made a rope ladder using some extra rope. I just tied off a couple of loops and hung it from the transom handle. It was successful in getting people in that needed a little help. Filling rear ballasts while at the swimming spot helps too.

The ladder was one of three requests my wife had and in return I can order whatever I want....The boat's gonna have a ladder from Malibu....lol

Edited by Sunscape fan

The ladder was one of three requests my wife had and in return I can order whatever I want....The boat's gonna have a ladder from Malibu....lol

I agree. You should definitely get the ladder.

Can you post pics of the surf wave with and without the ladder please :)

• Like 1

What were the other two? Whatever you want... I would get the LSA lol

Be able to fish off the platform and go night boating

I feel the LSA is overkill.

Edited by Sunscape fan
  • Like 1

Haha. Yes Doc, if I can come to terms on price, I'll be your guinea pig when it comes to the ladder. Lol

I have the ladder on mine. I can confirm it is directly in the middle. I will take pics next time out.

I have the ladder on mine. I can confirm it is directly in the middle. I will take pics next time out.

Does the ladder affect the wave?

I didn't notice anything funny, however, I haven't seen a wave without a ladder either. I also don't have my pnp bags installed yet.

What size bags did you go with?