Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new Sunsetter LXI

ryanowen

I think you bought from a truthful seller. Deal with the cover you have and wait on Cory. You won't be disappointed. I will be getting one of his covers over the next winter for my new boat, whatever that may be.

He was a really good guy. The inspection revealed some issues and he promptly had them sorted out. Very transparent process, which was really refreshing.

When I first signed up here, it was mainly to check out the specs and reference stuff to aid in searching. After I made the offer and he accepted, I started reading some of the threads. I came across your boat search and started reading because we were kind of looking for similar things. Once I got towards the end of the thread I realized we were looking at the exact same boat! As you can imagine, I was pretty relieved to read that he was holding it for someone else, but I was still nervous because I wasn't totally convinced it was for me at the time. He was kind of funny about not accepting a deposit despite my attempts to give him one.

Congrats on the new boat.

I'm with the other guys...I've owned two boats with Evolution covers and will never own another cover. Both boats originally had a different brand cover and now wear Evo's. They are fantastic and the guys that makes them is one of the best guys I've known in the entire marine industry. I wish more companies treated their customers like Cory does. He's a joy to work with.

I definitely want to get one on order, but the wait is going to kill me. The cover I have is really only good for the trailer. The only way I've been able to get it really secure is by strapping it to the trailer tubes. Maybe I could have it modified to make it work for the time being.

I definitely want to get one on order, but the wait is going to kill me. The cover I have is really only good for the trailer. The only way I've been able to get it really secure is by strapping it to the trailer tubes. Maybe I could have it modified to make it work for the time being.

You could try hanging canteens (full of water) off of it using the cheap non climbing carabiners.

Problem I've got is the cover is just too big. If I hang anything from it while it's on the water, the cover will be in the water. I debated having the cover modified, but it's so ill fitted that I think it would be too expensive to be worth while. I did everything I could to get a cover ordered from Cory (what a great guy, btw), but in the end the timing just isn't going to work. I ended up ordering a cover from Paul from Bakes and I should have it in a couple weeks. They look very nice from the photos. At the very least, you local Michigan guys are welcome to see it in person to compare it against the Evolution.