Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower question G3

Nobody has posted a photo of the problem area, but it seems like a shoulder bolt with a tapered shoulder would solve it. The unthreaded tower leg needs to be bored bigger to accept the shoulder.

cap05.jpg

My dealer tapped it out and has been fine ever since, but I found the issue before we ever left the lot as I was installing my exiles there at their shop.

Frustrating I know, but it can be fixed

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • 4 weeks later...

We got the boat back a few weeks ago. Our dealer worked nicely with a local dealer to get it fixed.

Ended up drilling out the base hole to match the angle of the folding sections threaded hole, then painted the drilled out area black. Now it works smoothly, but I will always be extremely gentle when screwing that bolt. probably can't be tapped again. Time will tell.