Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New user intro and New to me 247 Bu ::picture heavy::

rjones

It's from lake Lanier in Georgia which is a big lake that gets rough in summer. Just know the history of what the guy told me....it was used quite a few times pulling double-ups but never abused supposively. I checked the hull, prop shaft, prop, tracking fins and they all look in great condition with no impact marks. Looks like the engine mount was just over tightened to the hull and caused those spider cracks.

It's from lake Lanier in Georgia which is a big lake that gets rough in summer. Just know the history of what the guy told me....it was used quite a few times pulling double-ups but never abused supposively. I checked the hull, prop shaft, prop, tracking fins and they all look in great condition with no impact marks. Looks like the engine mount was just over tightened to the hull and caused those spider cracks.

eh, OK. I'm not trying to cause any stress, but I've had several malibus, all use fibecs (your stringer mounting system), and I have never ever seen close to what that picture shows. IF there was an impact that bad, the strut and driveshaft would have both been replaced so they would look good. If the boat drives good, well, stuff happens, but since you posted the picture and asked, that's my supposition.

eh, OK. I'm not trying to cause any stress, but I've had several malibus, all use fibecs (your stringer mounting system), and I have never ever seen close to what that picture shows. IF there was an impact that bad, the strut and driveshaft would have both been replaced so they would look good. If the boat drives good, well, stuff happens, but since you posted the picture and asked, that's my supposition.

No worries and I thank you for your input. Im not stressing much anymore over it. It feels structurally sound and looks to just be in the upper gelcoat. Dont think the cracks are all the way through the fiberglass hull. The boat drives great and at full throttle it actually pulls a little to the left or right (cant remember) but if I recall all V-drives do this to an extent. I will just have to keep my eye on the mount and hope its nothing to worry about!

I think the cracking would be going down as well if it was overtightend.

Love the boat, but please put some bumpers between the dock and the boat!

Thanks im loving it too so far! As for the bumpers.....we forgot lifejackets so literally tied up for 2 minutes at his personal dock with no wakes so all was good. I am the same way using the bumpers anytime I tie up during the summer.