Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Music playlist

Fman

How does spotify work? Do you have to have cell service or wifi to use it?

You can download music to your device for "offline" use, but typically you do need wifi or cell service. But, if it were a playlist like this, you could just sync it regularly

Is it public so we can all add to it?

It should be collaborative. Let me know if it doesn't work. Right now, this is my first attempt at a public playlist.

This thread just reminded me that I needed to update my playlist. $60 in iTunes purchases later...

Another reason I went android, let the advertisers pay for your music. I have saved thousands in music over the past few years....MusicMania best app going. Apple will never allow this obvously because they want your iTunes money.

This thread just reminded me that I needed to update my playlist. $60 in iTunes purchases later...

This is why I decided to subscribe to Rhapsody. My brother works for Verizon so it only costs me $5/month.

Fman, this is the perfect family jam. Try to frown while this is playing...not possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

can't figure out how to get the video in there. Anyone know how?

I have this image in my mind of you sitting in your new LSV cranking this song :thumbup:

I have this image in my mind of you sitting in your new LSV cranking this song :thumbup:

LOL LOL It will probably happen!

I love everything from Johnny Cash to System of a Down to Lorde

It's all about pleasing the crowd too!

I might even dance in the walkway of the LSV like in the video!

Edited by DocPhil

Run DMC's Greastest hits

AFun is worrying me with some of his selections.

Funny...looking for unique type surf music...alternative/funky and hip

Com'on a little bit of Midnight City, Empire of The Sun, Kiss, The Italian Job Movie Song, etc....

I think MCOBRAY would approve!

Edited by Afun

Afun, I like those song too, but then again, I listen to about anything, even pimp daddy wrap as long its not dropping fbombs.... gotta keep it clean on the boat!

I don't think any of those songs have bad words......I know you down with the OPP

Funny...looking for unique type surf music...alternative/funky and hip

Com'on a little bit of Midnight City, Empire of The Sun, Kiss, The Italian Job Movie Song, etc....

I think MCOBRAY would approve!

My playlist goes from Slipnot to Neal Diamond, but I don't understand the "weirdies" in the desert with 1967 star trek gear on.

Holy Sh*%! Does this mean I'm getting old? I sound like my dad.

• Like 3

My playlist goes from Slipnot to Neal Diamond, but I don't understand the "weirdies" in the desert with 1967 star trek gear on.

Holy Sh*%! Does this mean I'm getting old? I sound like my dad.

I know...heroin is no good....but Empire of the Sun is a must when surfing!

I think if we do a TMC playlist we should be limited to ONE song each. Give it your best jam.

this is why I like rdio over spotify. Same monthly subscription and offline capabilities, but the community aspect I think is better, been a while since I looked at spotify though. Bascially with rdio, I have a network of friends, and anytime a friend likes/adds a song to their playlist, it shows up in my rotation, but I get the up vote/down vote option while it's playing to say play this song again in the future or never play this again. If someone is constantly adding music I don't like, I just remove them from my rdio circle.

Edited by augie09

I've been a long time naysayer of music subscription services (rhapsody, spotify, etc), but I just switched our AT&T plan over to a shared data plan and signed up for the beats music subscription service (free 90 day trial). I think it's a keeper @$14.99 a month. Same as buying one album a month, but I've got the whole record store in my pocket. It's HQ too (320kps) and you can download for listening offline (a must for us because all of our lakes have limited or no cell coverage).

I am really liking the curated aspect of beats. Every day when you open the app, the home page will have different suggestions based on what I've listened to and liked.

I think if we do a TMC playlist we should be limited to ONE song each. Give it your best jam.

One song but multiple playlist?

TMC- Daybreaker

TMC- Pump it up (Riding Music)

TMC- Party Cove

TMC- Nightcap

I like this concept my music library is getting a bit stale and I need to freshin' it up for the new boat.