Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tow Vehicle for 2014 23 LSV...Ram 1500? GM or Ford...

Eddy88

The ones still driving F150's just haven't upgraded YET.... I love mine. But i bought the ram beast, 3500 Aisin... Doesn't ride near as nice as my 1500 did. But still wouldn't go back.

Thread Bump.

Where is the update on towing with your new Ram? I just bought a 2015 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi. I am very excited to tow the VLX with it this spring. I already added the Air Lift 1000 bags to eliminate the sag when hooked up. Coming from a 5.3 GMC, I am expecting quite the difference in pulling power. I never imagined myself buying a Ram either but it has a lot of things I like: power, smooth, 8 speed trans and way cheaper than GM or Ford.

Good day,

Sorry for the delay...here we go, I have had the truck for going on 10 months and have about 15,000 km's on it. Love this truck, not much more I can say, so far I can't find anything I do not like. The Ram Boxes are awesome, use them all the time. The Interior for anyone who has been in them speaks for itself, now I am spoiled and have the limited package, but the Laramie's are very nice as well as are the Express/Sport's, etc., these Ram's have come a very long way. Keyless entry, Push Button Start, the details inside, they are up there with luxury vehicles for sure. The uConnect infotainment system is such a huge step up from my Avalanche and beats the Ford Touch in my opinion as well (Sorry Ford Guys, I know there are one or 2 of you around here)...I like this truck so much my 2013 Mustang GT CS is for sale and I am pulling the trigger on a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack with the 6.4 L Hemi and the 8 Speed Auto this week, I will be a Mopar Man, hard for me to believe...

As far as towing the truck tows great, especially with the Air Ride Suspension, I hook on and a minute later it is levelled and away we go. Towed several times last year and compared to the Avalanche was like the boat was not even there. That said, most of my towing was prairie Highway, so I can't speak for how it is going to tow when we go through the Mountains a few times this coming summer. I do NOT have any concerns though, the 5.7 Hemi with the 8 Speed Auto is a great match and no lack of power, I can't foresee any issues.

I wish I had towing MPG for you, but I did not write it down and I dare not guess...I will keep better track of it this spring and be sure to post some actual numbers once we get going again.

Any other questions let me know, happy to answer them. If you have read the thread you know I was not even going to consider Ram in my initial hunt for a new Truck, so glad I did, would have been a huge mistake had I not. My dad actually made the switch as well here in January, he was an F150 man, loved his Ford, but after riding in the Ram last summer and driving it a bit he could not over look them, when it came time to replace is F150 he drove both the Ford and the Ram and in the end ordered a loaded up Laramie.

Congrats on your new Ram and hope you have the same success I have had thus far!

Thanks Eddy88! Nice write up. I feel the same as you, did not even think about Ram before driving one, now I am really enjoying it. May 1 is the pick up date for the boat and I am very excited to put the new rig to use.

Just bought a new 15 Silverado two weeks ago. We got $10,355 off MSRP. I just heard radio ad today for a different dealership offering $11,000 off now. Crap, I got screwed out of $655. Definitely a good time to buy a truck. Dodge was $9,500 off but wife didn't like it as much as the Chevy. We really liked the Tundra but the best deal was only $3,500 off. Didn't even look at Ford.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

Edited by bunji169

I just bout a 1500 sport, 12k off MSRP with USAA. I am in love with the truck. I had a Nissan Titan prior to this and the RAM Blows it out of the water. Love the 8 speed, doesnt shift alot at all. Way than enough power towing the 22MXZ. I wish I had a sunroof that was all it was missing. Love the blue also, so many people comment on the truch. Dodge has come along way. THe interior is great, i Was looking at GMC or this, and once a test drove the RAM i was sold.

As for MPG, I drove about 70 miles of both highway and SNG and got about 14mpg, which is about 4 more than my titan. Without towing and driving to work about 40 miles I get close to 20. Def would recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

My 2015 Silverado is averaging 12-13mpg towing about 160miles round trip. 22-23mpg not towing. Actually got stuck behind a CHP last week for about 30miles and got 24.9mpg at 55mph. I guess 55 is the most efficient speed. I usually do 70+

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

• 3 weeks later...

Yea the GM V8 is fuel efficient when just driving around. I just wish they tow better than my dad's avalanche does, and maybe they do

My wife has a Lincoln with the my touch system. It is the worst pos. I wouldn't buy another ford with it.

It is very buggy and slow. We have done all the updates, but it jut clunky.

My wife loves the system in my 2014 gmc.

Update on my GMC...

It was a royal piece of $hit. It had the horrible vibration problem, like many others ( have fun reading this thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-1)

I had to have the radio replaced because it wouldn't pick up FM. New radio was slightly better, but not good. Problem was fixed in 2015 with a different radio, but GM wouldn't put the 15 radio in the 14 truck. (thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156620-radio-reception-issues/page-1)

My driver seat felt like it was going to fall out of the truck going around corners. ( see this other fun thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/154219-seat-movement-issues/).

I finally got tired of GM giving us the run around, so 6 months ago I traded it on a 2014 F150 lariat 4x4 crew with 5.0. Loving this truck so far. Just over 5K miles... I had the option of getting the exact same truck in with ecoboost, but decided I like the 5.0 for my needs.

To the OP, you made a good choice with the RAM.

Edited by bamabonners