Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teak or fiberglass swim platform

leclerc457

Yeah, I've got a roll of white hydroturf but having used both it's not quite the same as the Gator Grip, or at least the stuff that I have isn't. What I've got makes a good material for things like gunnels & other bits that you want to add some traction to, but it wouldn't work very well for fenders & the swim platform IMO.

It's too bad, Gator Grip was a really good product.

Yea, I've been using the Hydroturf for deck pads on paddleboards the last couple years. It's a different pattern, and a little stiffer at first. But it breaks in & softens up the more you use it.

• 5 years later...

Hello, 

i have a 2005 VLX wake setter and I’m looking to find the right sized teak or fiberglass swim platform. The one currently on my boat is the right one as it doesn’t follow the contour of the boat and is rubbing on the boat. Also there is no hatch to lift up to be able to use the wake plate.  Any help in finding a replacement would be greatly appreciated.