Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need some help/suggestions

ahopkins22LSV

ahopkins22LSV

Ahopkins.....when do you plan on taking your new ride home and starting your install? I may want to grab some ideas from you.

That is a great question. At the rate this winter is going it is going to be awhile. No way I am going to trailer the boat through salt covered roads. I want it home though!!

From what it looks like though I feel pretty safe saying that I will be going with the PP900:5. I really like the idea of only having one amp and I will try to situate everything like Edwin did since we have a similar size sub and the box I would assume is about the same.

That is a great question. At the rate this winter is going it is going to be awhile. No way I am going to trailer the boat through salt covered roads. I want it home though!!

From what it looks like though I feel pretty safe saying that I will be going with the PP900:5. I really like the idea of only having one amp and I will try to situate everything like Edwin did since we have a similar size sub and the box I would assume is about the same.

Edwin's install has me thinking.....

That's one of the first things I'm going to do when I buy a boat. The wife loves the stereo and I want it to be affordable yet bad so she gets the most enjoyment out of it.

ahopkins22LSV

Edwin's install has me thinking.....

That's one of the first things I'm going to do when I buy a boat. The wife loves the stereo and I want it to be affordable yet bad so she gets the most enjoyment out of it.

I have some RF grille covers. They're a different vintage, but you're welcome to check them out if interested.

Yeah my wife does too. She just wants good sound but didn't want to spend any money on it. Which is why I proposed the question here. Almost ever honest stereo guy I have talked with says the same thing. With the proper power and tuning you can make mediocre stuff sound decent. So when I told her today we could do it for $200 she was all for it!

And thanks for the offer. I will take a look at them!

Edited by ahopkins1988

Yeah my wife does too. She just wants good sound but didn't want to spend any money on it. Which is why I proposed the question here. Almost ever honest stereo guy I have talked with says the same thing. With the proper power and tuning you can make mediocre stuff sound decent. So when I told her today we could do it for $200 she was all for it!

And thanks for the offer. I will take a look at them!

I'll get out to the garage later and get a picture and text it to you so you know what I have. May, or may not work. If it does, they're yours.

• 2 weeks later...
ahopkins22LSV