Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want more wake...is wedge ONLY worth it?

That Guy

$2k is a lot of money which you probably wouldn't recoup when you sell, but then again boat prices tend to plateau after a decade or so. I sold my last boat (80s model) for $1300 more than I paid for it, so you might find that a bit of slick marketing pays off.

Back to the wedge vs ballast thing - I'd rather pay for the convenience of the wedge rather than lose half my seats to bags which take forever to fill and drain - and just wait until one starts leaking!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a manual wedge on my 98 Sportster since '04 and love it. We rarely fill bags because they are a pain on a dd. Makes a decent wake and its quick, clean and easy. We made our own teak platform after the fiberglass one rotted out. The dealer ordered the latch hardware for me to make the access door just like the factory.

Good input, I still think I'm going to go with the wedge just to keep it simple and room in the boat.. I just scoured onlyinboards and boat trader for an upgrade and I'm not finding anything I want for $30k or less, which is about all I'm comfortable spending as I don't really want a boat payment.

Any pics of the sportser wedge only wake?

• Like 1

Good input, I still think I'm going to go with the wedge just to keep it simple and room in the boat.. I just scoured onlyinboards and boat trader for an upgrade and I'm not finding anything I want for $30k or less, which is about all I'm comfortable spending as I don't really want a boat payment.

Any pics of the sportser wedge only wake?

I have some pics I will post for you tonight.

Wow! That looks much improved from what I'm currently working with. If you're able to do a flip I think it'll be plenty for me and my abilities, lol. Schweet!! Can't wait to get this done and for summer to be here already, I have a feeling like it'll be a whole new boat. Thanks for the pictures, looks like fun!