Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seriously considering a new tow rig....any suggestions

UofM_MXZ

let's just get one thing straight. go get a diesel (anything) truck and never look back. unless you're backing up then do look back, but if you have a back camera then you may want to look at the monitor so look down??

• Like 3

Well my hats off to 2004WakeSetterVLX (Aaron) for helping me get into my new truck. The truck was delivered this morning at 5am as promised. Aaron trusted that I would have the payment for him without even second guessing it. What a stand up guy. I couldn't be more happy with my truck! Although I have only seen it in the dark as of now! Thanks again man.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

If you are taking long trips it is going to be tough to beat the ram mega cab. I bought mine this time last year. I got the longhorn limited so it is very comfortable. Key benefits are rear seat leg room and you have space behind rear seat and under rear seat. Rear seats also recline.

If you are taking long trips it is going to be tough to beat the ram mega cab. I bought mine this time last year. I got the longhorn limited so it is very comfortable. Key benefits are rear seat leg room and you have space behind rear seat and under rear seat. Rear seats also recline.

Agree, but the shorter bed length kills the deal. At times I need every inch of a 6' bed.

• Like 1

With the dodge crew cab, the mega cab is barely bigger IMO and not necessary unless you are super tall. Now when they only had the quad cab or mega cab that was a different story. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk <br />

• 3 months later...

Well another huge thanks to 2004wakesetter aka Aaron for selling me yet another tuck. If any of you are in his area or really even if you aren't check out his dealership. He makes every accommodation possible to help you out and get you what you need. This time he got me a new Denali Duramax. I live in Virginia and he is in Indiana and he makes it seem like it is up the road.

• Like 4
With the dodge crew cab, the mega cab is barely bigger IMO and not necessary unless you are super tall. Now when they only had the quad cab or mega cab that was a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I traded my 2012 crew cab for a 2012 mega cab, here are the major benefits. The mega cab has both under seat storage and behind the seat storage. The behind the seat storage is not huge but makes a difference. I keep jackets, and other stuff back there. I also keep a "dock" tub back there. It has a few microfiber towels and 4 spray bottles of BoatBling. This way when we get to the docks there is cleaning supplies for 4+ people so boat gets wiped down in just a couple minutes. The main benefit is there is nothing in the floor of the back seat. Which unfortunately was the only storage in the crew cab.

To the lake, go we must.

• Like 1

True I forgot about that, plus the mega cab rear seat reclines if I remember right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Which is one thing I noticed that the new Tundra's no longer do and I was very disappointed when I found that out.

we have them all in our fleet all high miles. the fords have had the least problems the chevs weak point is the front end after 150k needs work the dodges motor is a problem child the 6.7 cummins is nothing but a rebadged dodge incarnation they built it to use the trusted name the 5.9 built and the dpf egr on the dodge needs attention after 75k-150k.

i have a personal f350 srw as well its running on 40's and tows heavy all the time its h&s tuned and deleted since new. the trans has held up well with the 40's and extra power bent a turbo shaft from egts when i was pulling a 38' gooseneck in 2' of mud grossing 22k on the trailer.

all good trucks in my opinion the ford fully loaded is top given sync proven suspension and the 6.7 scorpion is flawless even when beat

also the superduty has enough rear seat room as much as the mega cab just no recline im 6'5" and with my driver seat all the way back and leaned i can sit behind my self

Which is one thing I noticed that the new Tundra's no longer do and I was very disappointed when I found that out.

I read an interview with the lead guy on the interior redesign. He said he wanted the reclining seats in the new Tundra, however survey responses from thousands of existing CrewMax owners showed that something like 80% would rather they fold flat than they recline. The guys comment was "I have to build the truck that the buyers want, not me".

FWIW - I have folks use the reclining back seat in my Tundra all the time...great feature for me. I've sat in the back of all the crew cab trucks and ridden in the back of most of em. None of has the room of the Tundra CrewMax.

Another ford guy. I tow gross weight of 13-25,000 lbs every day. I have 3 fords and a dodge. Cant keep the dodge on the road. My personal ford is a 2012 dually w a lift and 37s. 140,000 of hard abuse and no problems at all. I think the Chevys are good trucks as well just a little underpowered. Longevity wise, I think ford finally got it right. And the 6.7 scorpion will out tow my 6.7 cummins all day. Not to bash dodge. Just my 0.2 cents and what I have learned being in the transportation business and abusing these trucks day in and day out