Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Boat Purchase Advice!

EDUBB

Never too old for wake boarding. I didn't start until 4 years ago. We have put 350 hours on our 2013 23 LSV with surf gate. I think the IMHO the VLX will be an excellent choice, but the key is making the budget meet needs. All of these boats would be a great long term investment for family time and memories. Good luck and enjoy whichever you end up choosing!

Yes they will all fit in the garage. We have a 9 foot tall door and it is 38 feet deep. Enough room for the boat and golf cart.

Anymore discussion about the prices of the boats? Only one comment that they all seem high exceptt he A-20?

Honestly I read it as the a22. I wouldn't pay in the 60's for a a20 for sure. You can get a lightly used vandal a22 for less if that is what you decide you like.

Doc,

Plan on keeping the boat 5-10 years.

Like the 20-23 foot length for the private lake we go to.

Primary use will be wakeboarding and surfing.

$60-$80K Max

Used makes me nervous unless I buy it from someone I know.

VLX is awesome! Roomy, reliable, and drives real nice. Great dash layout. My surf wave is great, IMO. Everyone that surfs it has a great time. We have all progressed as surfers. 60 hours on it and going strong. I have 3350 lbs on it. All stock tanks filled including bow. 550 PNP Sacs, and 1000 lb Fly High Bow Sac. We are able to drop back to the curl of the wave, prepare for down the line speed, great push etc...Its got good height and long enough. 79k with the 409 engine seems like a good price.

You are going to love that boat. Now the wait.

Oh, my sweet summer child, what do you know about fear? Fear is for the winter, when the snows fall a hundred feet deep. - Game of Thrones