Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 Season Totals

River Monsters

We almost always have crews of 5-9 riders and almost never break, only occasionally break for lunch or snack and the back at it. Many 12 hour + days on the water this summer. Great fun with family and friends!

• Like 2

Don't care to look back to figure out, but I'd say close to 5k... IMHO, the best family time, so money we'll spent! Lots of memories made on the water as well as many new friends, including those on this forum!

2006 Response LXI through August then traded Up to 2013 Response TXI

85 hours so far (usually ski to November 1)

70% skiing

15% cruising

10% foiling

5% wake boarding

2001 response (traded in August) -- 56 hrs

90% ski instruction

5% wake boarding (wedge)

5% slalom

2013 response txi (received in May and winterized mid oct due to warranty work)

74 hours

50% Ski instruction including "soldier on"

25% slalom and competitive training

5% barefoot

5% wakeboard

15% cruising

- I should have gotten over a hundred this year but had several weeks of issues where the boat was being serviced for coolant overflowing issues causing engine to run hot.

2007 LSV 247 (purchased early august)

113 hours and hoping for 5-6 more before closing at end of oct.

20% ski instruction

20% Wakeboarding

10% cruising

50% surfing

So all in all ... A relatively decent 243.

I've been averaging over 200 for the past 10 years.

Up until September though, with work and crappy weather, it wasn't looking good!

I piled on most of my surf hours in September and early oct.

Ya me too! We hit 75 last year and 50 this year. Rained way too much. 350 hours on a 2013 is almost double what the summer camp I go to does.

you still go to summer camp? :) i wish i could go to camp in the summer, stupid job...

you still go to summer camp? :) i wish i could go to camp in the summer, stupid job...

We go for school every year. Stops after next year when college comes haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next year is my last year to go in the summer unless I wanted to work there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71 hrs so far this year.

70% foilin

20% booze cruizin

10% towing wakeboarders

And the stereo probably got an additional 200 hrs on it from all the lollygagging, swimming & rafting up we did.

71 hrs so far this year.

70% foilin

20% booze cruizin

10% towing wakeboarders

And the stereo probably got an additional 200 hrs on it from all the lollygagging, swimming & rafting up we did.

We had a blast ^^^^^ this year.

• Like 1

Ugh, pains me to say it, but 26 hours. I'd say 50% skiing, 50% just cruising around or taking the dogs out for ride and to swim. I often wonder how much time is spent on the boat without the hour meter running!

Boat went in on May 12th - just took it out last weekend, so ~5 month season

Numerous trips out of town this year, and we moved towards the end of the summer which was a lot of work and took away from lake time! The bright spot out of that is we moved onto a lake home, so next year there should be a huge uptick in hours put on :thumbup:

Edited by dtm8119

Season never ends in Az but the last 12mo looks like:

94hrs

90% Hydrofoiling

5% wake boarding

3% surfing

2% tubing

Cruising here or there mixed in. The surfer made it out 2 times. The wb 3 times. The tube once.

~20 hrs on a 98 Sportster LX

But hey I only had the boat for about a month of the season!

35% wakeboard

40% tube (at least!)

30% cruising around

5% ski

I have 4 kids, my oldest is 10. Give me a year and I hope to have the tube out of the boat!

Salem

I don't get the shame in the tube. Kids absolutely love it. And I'll even go out with my older nieces and nephews on occasion and have a blast myself. It's not like it churns up the water any worse than surfing.

I don't get the shame in the tube. Kids absolutely love it. And I'll even go out with my older nieces and nephews on occasion and have a blast myself. It's not like it churns up the water any worse than surfing.

Shame isn't why I want to tube out. I don't have the room for it in the boat :)!

Edited by eyekode

Maybe because any drunk can do it...... and many times, many drunks ARE doing it. The zig zagging around aimlessly, chopping up the entire lake certainly doesn't help.

Frankly I just think there is more reward if your doing something that takes some skill.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Awesome thread.

This year, we took our new LSV 23 from 0 to 165 hours and still are rolling. I hope to get it up to 200 this season.

My stats:

165 hours

50% wakeboarding

25% surfing

10% wakeskating

15% cruising/getting to a session spot

1% being towed when my engine died on the water!

Lots of oil changes

25 new malibucrew.com friends met at WoW.

I figure that at about $30/hour on gas we spent about $5,000 on gas this year. Good thing I've got good friends!

• Like 1

2006 VRide- bought it July 17. First weekend out was July 20. Missed 2 weekends in August and 2 in September. 2 weeks ago was last weekend out.

110-120 hours total.

~50 hours on VRide

Probably put 60-70 on my Supra that I sold at July 4th.

40% wakeboard

20% surf

20% tube - give me a break I have a 3 year old.

20% everything else.

2006 VRide- bought it July 17. First weekend out was July 20. Missed 2 weekends in August and 2 in September. 2 weeks ago was last weekend out.

110-120 hours total.

~50 hours on VRide

Probably put 60-70 on my Supra that I sold at July 4th.

40% wakeboard

20% surf

20% tube - give me a break I have a 3 year old.

20% everything else.