Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LAST RIDE....of the 2013 season thread

Afun

Not my last ride, but thought I would share. I hope to go every month of the year this year. The foiling bug has bitten.

There were way too many people on the lake, including one guy tubing hard in an I/O. I thought that was illegal in November?

Water temp about 60, air temp was 74.

20131102_142452-1_zps36df810b.jpg

Yesterday. 70deg air; 58deg water. Full suit would've been fine, but we used drysuits because it was windy. Season will go on, as long as I can get people to go out. Hopefully a couple more Nov days and a couple in Dec. Jan-Mar will be reserved for snowboard season, and winter kayaking.

null_zps0ec3b57d.jpg

Surfed last weekend. Air: 55 Water: 45 Great time drinking a few beers and surfing one of the best waves we had all year.

Hopefully, will go one more time this weekend. Looks like ice is starting to form at one end of the lake. I suspect water temps in the high 30 as we saw some lows in the teens this week. (Drysuit with booties, gloves, and surf hat)

Almost went out today, but decided not too. Had a long night last night and slept in. I will winterize this coming week if my dealer has availability. The sad news is, I will probably not get to try out my new Soulcraft until next season.

ahopkins22LSV

Went out to ski yesterday and didn't even get a set in. Had trans problems in July and the dealer replaced it. Well, my season ended yesterday with the same problem so they will be putting another trans in... Not a good note to end the season on. :mad:

Went out to ski yesterday and didn't even get a set in. Had trans problems in July and the dealer replaced it. Well, my season ended yesterday with the same problem so they will be putting another trans in... Not a good note to end the season on. :mad:

Not good! Time for that new TXi.... :rockon:

Paddled late yesterday afternoon. It was gorgeous, 45 degree air, maybe low 50s in the water. Glllaaaaaaasssss for days.

The boat is sitting in it's storage unit, with a buddies' Tige to keep it company. I pulled the cover off it on Saturday & brought it in to the office today.... planning on taking it in to a Laundromat to clean it. Found a place locally that says they have a "50 lb machine". We'll see if that is enough for a boat cover.

The Buzer is all put away for the winter here - emptied of just about everything, fully enclosed in a Costco boat house, ready to hibernate for what will probably be a pretty long winter.

I already can't wait for May... sigh.

I have been convinced not to Winterize....

This is just a cold snap and we will have couple of more days that will be warm enough to ride.

That means I get to try out my new Soulcraft....YEAH!!

• Like 1

Malibu came out of the water in late Sept., ending ski season. My Winner runabout will replace her till near ice for fishing and hanging out. Lake is in the 50's now, mornings usually below freezing. But never say never. Skis are still in the shed.

My Winner runabout came home to NJ today after two snowy nights and 39 degree lake temps this weekend in upstate NY. My brothers boat (a Hydrostream) and mine were the only two boats on the lake this weekend. Not sure why, air temp was a balmy 36, and the lake was calm.

it's pretty much freezing in Arizona. yesterday the water dropped to sub 7 zero temperatures of 68! air was a crisp 85...

IMG_20131110_134810350_zpsa6930d09.jpg

IMG_20131110_142914038_zpsf776b8b2.jpg

Beautiful shot!

How are the winds in AZ this time of year?? Hit and miss, or pretty calm? Oh and, 68 F water, that's cold, surprised you're not in a dry suit :rofl: