Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What engine would you put in your boat?

Michigan boarder

Oh no! There are way too many great bars/restaurants in Ypsi/AA/Saline to take a visitor to BW. Red Rock, Side Tracks, or Aubrey's in Ypsilanti are great. I'm partial to Dan's Downtown Tavern in Saline. There are too many to list in Ann Arbor.

I'm hungry. :D

been to all of them and jesse at dan's is my favorite, they have some wild burger creations. not real big on red rock, food is good but beer selection is not my style. i'm simple Labatt blue is all I need. side track is always good and linda French who owns it was actually part of the family before the divorce. Aubree's on whitaker and stoney creek is a good one also, tracy takes good care of us. fraser's , grizzly peak and dominics in ann arbor come to mind. one of my favorites is the bayou grill in Belleville, guess i'm partial as I grew up there and know a bunch of people there. i'm betting john has never been down to Pegasus in greektown either. we got to know the owners years ago and we also get treated excellent there.

Edited by sgt1970-442

all this talk about food and beer is killin me, figured we need to get back on track with a little engine p***. 350 olds motor going in a jet boat I bought

BOATMOTOR007_zpse9225398.jpg

455 olds motor in my 442

001-4.jpg

billet crank in another one of my 455 olds motors.

BILLETCRANKSHAFT-1.jpg

pistons and rods that are in the current motor in my 442. OLDSPARTS043.jpg

block girdle that went on to another 455 olds motor girdle200631.jpg

Nice pics! The one you sent to my phone of you doing the burnout in your 442 is a great one. When people ask me how my boat engine is coming along, I like to say "Pretty good! This guy is going to do the rebuild for me" and then flash them that pic. Gets a pretty good response!

So what happened to the 400 tri-power?

• Like 1

4 barrel carb, 4 speed, dual exhaust = 442 not cubic inches

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

On a side note (your post just made me chuckle), I remember the first time my dad explained what 442 stood for when I was a kid. I've never forgotten it, Its funny how many people don't know or forget what the 442 stands for. Still one of my favorite cars of all time.

• Like 2

A guy just called and offered me a trade on a tri power 66 GTO for my 71 F250. He just finished a frame off. It needs a clutch and front brakes.....sssoooo tempting.....must resist.....

• Like 2

A guy just called and offered me a trade on a tri power 66 GTO for my 71 F250. He just finished a frame off. It needs a clutch and front brakes.....sssoooo tempting.....must resist.....

Are you seriously going to pass, oh man get your head reexamined before passing that up. ;)

• Like 4

john,

the 400 tri power is .090 over bore and we pushed the porting on the heads to the absolute max. 14 passes down the track and it was puffing white smoke. turns out we ported things a little to far in number two exhaust port and found water. fixed the head, put it back together and have 60% leakage in that cylinder. rings are washed and now were pulling the motor for a complete check and rebuild.

yep, 442 4 barrel 4 speed dual exhaust. best car gm ever built as far as i'm concerned. as for cubic inch, a lot of people confuse the 442 as being the cubic inch of the motor when in fact its 455cid.

mine is a .040 455 which equates to 464cid. I've got two other 455's that are bored and stroked, one is 482cid and the other is 496cid. hopefully one day the 482 will be in this.

553.jpg

and the pic john was talking about, my junk at the track.1085007_347930658670605_697559393_o_zpsf

• Like 4

Your '66 makes me drool!! Love it. Old may used to have a very nice, all original '65 skylark with the 455 wildcat. That was a sweet ride, too.

chris, the 66 belongs to a great friend of mine. he doesn't drive it except to car shows locally. I get to be the shoe at Milan dragway and the crew chief for a couple special events every year.

we have another friend that we let drive for those events. before anyone asks, it is a 4 speed and it has run a best of 13.47 @ 105.40 in the pure stock drags. not bad for what it is.

the red 68 is mine and will someday have the 482 stroker motor and a tremec 6 speed.

what ever happened to the buick?

Edited by sgt1970-442

The fate of that Buick was one of my Dad's many car mistakes. He sold it and bought a fully restored 1950 Ford F-1 that was completely and properly documented. I begged him to keep the Buick for selfish reasons because I wanted it. When he sold it, it had 35,000 original miles. Ran like a top. I know at some point, it sat for a while (few years). Cosmetically, it was well maintained, but didn't run or drive for several years. The guy my Dad bought it from had torn the powertrain down, cleaned it, replaced gaskets, and repainted the motor. That's all that was ever done to it. It's a shame he sold it. I'd love to have it.

Do you have John's engine yet?

And....I do know what the 4-4-2 stood for. Loved them, too!

Tic Toc!

patience grasshopper, rome was not built in one day.

besides john (Michigan boarder) is working crazy hours and its a 3-3 1/2 hour ride for him each way.

I told him he was welcome to spend the night as we have plenty of extra bedrooms and it would break up the drive.

he said he should slow down after the holidays so that's the plan.