Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Soulcraft Jetty Swallow Tail 4'8 Twinzer Build Pics (Updated Pics 11/20/13)

Afun

I know you all saw the damage on afuns board you do need to realize these boards are actually really durable. It must have been hit pretty good. Mine has maybe one noticeable heal dent after a full season and a lot of riding. My triple x won't last nearly as long and was a heavier board to begin with.

In other words, don't get the wrong idea. For a fiberglass board they are pretty durable if you take reasonable precaution. Jeff is awesome to work with as well. Think "Cory" from evolution.

I know you all saw the damage on afuns board you do need to realize these boards are actually really durable. It must have been hit pretty good. Mine has maybe one noticeable heal dent after a full season and a lot of riding. My triple x won't last nearly as long and was a heavier board to begin with.

In other words, don't get the wrong idea. For a fiberglass board they are pretty durable if you take reasonable precaution. Jeff is awesome to work with as well. Think "Cory" from evolution.

Like I said....FedEx must have dropped an anvil on it

• 3 weeks later...

I've got to get on some different boards! I've only ever ridden my broadcast 5'6" and my Obrien Alias 4'6".

Levi, these boards would be the ultimate upgrade. Both those boards you own have less than half the speed these boards have. You could still upgrade to a used Phase 5 and not spend the coin on a pure custom.

That is the advice I need. My 21LSV throws a decent wave but nothing huge and I'd love to find a board that was a little more fun to ride. I love watching people do those BIG swooping turns. That looks super fun.

That is the advice I need. My 21LSV throws a decent wave but nothing huge and I'd love to find a board that was a little more fun to ride. I love watching people do those BIG swooping turns. That looks super fun.

I would go with Surf Style board with bigger fins on it. You could get lots of forward drive and then you could do some sweeping turns. Phase 5 Trident has a nice surfy feel to it. I hate pumping, so I always look for a board I could place my front foot forward and go.

The board came with upgraded fins Futures Techflex CTG....anyone have insight

Green Honeycomb and Carbon Fiber....match the board nice...I will post updated pic with fins and traction complete soon

10970208833_04471b2219_c.jpg

10970053266_40a5760f7f_c.jpg

10970142104_ac30d158b6_c.jpg

10970053736_d0ced17b30_c.jpg

10970139764_110aa6236c_c.jpg

10970140744_d9871a3beb_c.jpg

I got creative with the traction pad. I went with a white arch bar, but with 0mm in arch. It feels better with no arch. I already surf a couple of Phase 5's with some arch in them. I also covered up the arch traction with the black dots from the black arch traction that came with the board. My wife and I thought it looked good. I did not like the way the pin stripe looked through the empty holes. Those are upgraded fins from Futures CTG. Jeff Whalers told me they will give the board more speed and make it looser compared to the stock composite fins. That's the information about the board on the stringer written in. Jeff also included a nice day bag and the upgraded fins because the board came a little damaged the first time around. What awesome service!! This thing is feather light. Now all I have to do is surf it. Hopefully, I get to try it this weekend. My ride review will follow. This will be the first twinzer fin set-up and glassed/eps foam board I try. I have feeling I am going to catch air with this thing.

Now for the most important part. How do I keep all my friends from using it....that's the tricky part.

Edited by Afun

10970208833_04471b2219_c.jpg

10970053266_40a5760f7f_c.jpg

10970142104_ac30d158b6_c.jpg

10970053736_d0ced17b30_c.jpg

10970139764_110aa6236c_c.jpg

10970140744_d9871a3beb_c.jpg

I got creative with the traction pad. I went with a white arch bar, but with 0mm in arch. It feels better with no arch. I already surf a couple of Phase 5's with some arch in them. I also covered up the arch traction with the black dots from the black arch traction that came with the board. My wife and I thought it looked good. I did not like the way the pin stripe looked through the empty holes. Those are upgraded fins from Futures CTG. Jeff Whalers told me they will give the board more speed and make it looser compared to the stock composite fins. That's the information about the board on the stringer written in. Jeff also included a nice day bag and the upgraded fins because the board came a little damaged the first time around. What awesome service!! This thing is feather light. Now all I have to do is surf it. Hopefully, I get to try it this weekend. My ride review will follow. This will be the first twinzer fin set-up and glassed/eps foam board I try. I have feeling I am going to catch air with this thing.

Now for the most important part. How do I keep all my friends from using it....that's the tricky part.

I want a demo so I can see how to spend my money next season.

How much do you weigh? The CTGs are pretty small (less surface area). I usually only set riders up with them if they are below 150lbs. They will be looser than F4V2s, but they will be slower.

How much do you weigh? The CTGs are pretty small (less surface area). I usually only set riders up with them if they are below 150lbs. They will be looser than F4V2s, but they will be slower.

190, but they are the same size as the stock F4's, no difference. Jeff gave me those free. What would you recommend?

Edited by Afun
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...