Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige Apex

jb 156

Maybe 2 buddies will throw in $450/month in the future? What are the ruined friendship odds?

Sold a $45k boat recently, 3 partners.

Edited by skurfer

Folks, Mark October 2nd at 11:45 PM Est (or whenever the video actually started, after 30 mins of watching people walk through the buffet table), as the day the wakeboat revolution began.

Tige really has made a game changer with the Tige Asser. It will go down in marine history to similiar to how certain aircraft were ground breaking in the aviation world.

A couple of days similiar were Dec 13 1968 with the TU-144 first flight, also know as the Concordski, read about it here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-144

Or Novemeber 15th 1988 with the First Flight of the Buran (Spaceshutteski)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

No offense intended and I thought I was picking up on your sarcasm but I think the Tige will go down in history as exactly what it is, overpriced copycat crap that is being hyped and marketed to people with a great deal of disposable income. Nautique essentially make the same boat for even MORE money but with more displacement. Choose your poison, itll all kill your wallet in varying degrees regardless.

Edited by saidainc

I am actually looking forward to having to make a decision on which of all these 2013-2014 boats I want to purchase in about 8-15 years! I guess I will get to see how each perform for the next few years and what all the problems are and what to expect and how to fix any of the problems, lol!

I just read the last page...so I don't know where the price numbers are coming from, but since they aren't yet posted on Tigeowners, I am not sure how that they would get posted here.

I think we are all speculating, which is fun, and since the Z3 is running around 90K, it is not unreasonable to suspect they will be asking 6 figures. I hope for their sake that it comes in less than a G23. I have seen wide variation is how much they actually sell for however.

I am a guy who considers myself to be making a lot of money, but I even had to draw a line at 50K for a boat. After paying for house, cars and kids with their education and a couple of vacations a year, spending 90K or more is outright crazy. Maybe if I were single, or married with no kids. If I have a hobby that costs more than 50K, I need to find a new hobby.

• Like 3

A guy I know spent some time out on a new X-star this past summer. The boat was provided by a friend of his that works for MC. He asked him how much MC's cost was in each X-star and he said about $45k. I realize they have R&D, marketing, etc, but thats a pretty big profit margin. As much as my lake neighbors want me in one of the 2014 Prostars, I could never justify $10-20k more than what I paid for my Txi for a boat that I think is uglier and no better performing.

I just read the last page...so I don't know where the price numbers are coming from, but since they aren't yet posted on Tigeowners, I am not sure how that they would get posted here.

I think we are all speculating, which is fun, and since the Z3 is running around 90K, it is not unreasonable to suspect they will be asking 6 figures. I hope for their sake that it comes in less than a G23. I have seen wide variation is how much they actually sell for however.

I am a guy who considers myself to be making a lot of money, but I even had to draw a line at 50K for a boat. After paying for house, cars and kids with their education and a couple of vacations a year, spending 90K or more is outright crazy. Maybe if I were single, or married with no kids. If I have a hobby that costs more than 50K, I need to find a new hobby.

If the Apex is less than $110k I will be amazed, heck, the new LSV is $100k+ with the LS3 engine and that might even be on the low end. Unless someone actually visits a Tige dealer and sits down at the table, I doubt anyone will know the purchase price for awhile. We all know the MSRP numbers are very different from the actual purchase price on boats. Someone might be able to score the Apex right now for a good deal with an order placed now, I am sure Tige' wants them to start moving off the production line.

Interesting enough, if you go online and search for the 2013 Malibus, there seem to be quite a few for sale... I am beginning to wonder if the boat makers have reached there "peak" max price point, how much further can they push these numbers? Malibu is raising prices 4-8% per year, eventually they will start to reach a point where people will not buy them. My friend just bought a new MB this season, close to $80k for his 23 TWB, they are no longer a value boat either in my eyes.

Edited by Fman

Local Malibu dealer here has quite a few 2013's and even a very nice 2012 still left. I wish they would hit their peak price, but I somehow doubt it.

With 15 year financing basically people are renting there boats. We all know buyers are not going to "pay off" the boat and keep it for 15 years, there main concern is monthly payment amount. If I were a dealer I would be doing the same thing.... these numbers are a little staggering for me. Maybe I am old school, I always save up and pay cash for my toys. I also heard you can now get a 20 year loan on a wakeboard boat??? is that true???

$125k boat price, 10% down = $12,500, Loan amount = $112,500

6% interest rate

5 year loan = $2,174/month, 10 year loan = $1,248/month, 15 year loan = $949/month, 20 year loan = $805/month

In California on a $125,000 boat you would be paying approx. $1,200/year in luxury taxes on the boat so add another $100/month on top of the loan.

I have a question for anyone to answer, could someone put 10% down on a $125k boat, finance for 15 years and be able to sell there boat in three years to pay off the loan???? or would they be coming out of pocket to make up for depreciation hit exceeding the loan balance being payed down??? What is really scary is we bought our first house in 1994, my house payment was $1215 a month!!!

Lets be real. Save up 70k to 100k to buy a Malibu cash. I wish I could be this awesome to do that. Financing is the way to go. Who would want all that money tied up when you could pay a few hundred a month and a have Malibu. The resale on these boats hold. Rare to go upside down on it. I guess it's the way you look at it.

Having just ordered my new LSV with the LS3, I can tell you I didn't pay over $100k.

Out the door with sales tax? Malibu gps cruise, extra set of board racks? Heater? Wetsounds high end stereo? Shower? What options? Lets be real about it, base price and what you end up into the boat are two different numbers.

holy smokes! Is that before or after sales tax?

I did not ask about taxes, he mentioned $77k. This did include a wetsounds stereo. Did not include the $1200 ballast system I installed for him.

I did not ask about taxes, he mentioned $77k. This did include a wetsounds stereo. Did not include the $1200 ballast system I installed for him.

It's sortof a moving target, then. I don't think taxes should be included when discussing prices, because the amount of tax varies from place to place, whether you have a trade and get a sales tax credit on that, etc., and really has nothing to do with the "deal" you are getting from the dealer.

IMHO, the answer to "how much would X cost" should be however much you are paying less applicable sales tax.

$77K! makes me wonder what I could get for mine.... an A24 with LS3 would sure be nice... maybe my daughter will decide not to go to college after all....

Out the door with sales tax? Malibu gps cruise, extra set of board racks? Heater? Wetsounds high end stereo? Shower? What options? Lets be real about it, base price and what you end up into the boat are two different numbers.

No heater, shower, gps cruise, or extra racks. I ordered two stripes of flake, LS3, aquamat carpet, stereo with sub, battery option two, swim step ladder, steps on the back of the trailer, runway lighting, and I think that about covers it. We are putting on a pair of Rev 10's and I am ordering an Evolution cover. Still not even close to $100k. I will say that I didnt put things on it that can be added later, like transom lights and fancy rims on the trailer.

Fman- your "lease/buy/trade" calculations above are off a bit.

Run your numbers again like this: 20% down, 4.5% rate for 20yrs. Figure 2-3% yrly depreciation with 80-100hrs yrly. Seriously.

You gotta order the boat right at a great price with the only exact options folks will pay the most for 1-2yrs from now. Colors, design and the rest gotta be done right, it's gotta be an awesome boat that has bling and bad ssa appeal. Not eveyone Inherently knows how to so this. You gotta get a good deal on the boat you are buying and do well on a fee free consignment thru your dealer on your trade. That's how you get top dollar. It works and the numbers work.

You gotta have great credit for the banks to loan, and you gotta take care of your boats, keep them in new condition. Gotta have a good dealer that works with you. You need to be the easiest customer: financing already set, full order already spec'd out. Just waiting for the best price.

must have ordered the LS3 and bling-bling trailer....

The resale on these boats hold. Rare to go upside down on it. I guess it's the way you look at it.

Your memory obviously does not go back any further than 2009. Maybe I would accept the argument that it was a rare occurrence, but lots of people were upside down those days. And I don't see too many people saying the American economy is exactly strong these days, and without sidetracking too far, I don't see the current political parties doing much to straighten out the US economy's debt situation. If the country were an individual with our debt to income ratio, no bank would loan us money.

No heater, shower, gps cruise, or extra racks. I ordered two stripes of flake, LS3, aquamat carpet, stereo with sub, battery option two, swim step ladder, steps on the back of the trailer, runway lighting, and I think that about covers it. We are putting on a pair of Rev 10's and I am ordering an Evolution cover. Still not even close to $100k. I will say that I didnt put things on it that can be added later, like transom lights and fancy rims on the trailer.

Sounds like you got a great price... I was just kicking tires at my dealer the other day (dropped my VLX off for some warranty work) and I was sitting the in LSV with my sales rep. I asked about price and he mentioned mid 80's. That was with the base Monsoon 350 motor, and very minimal upgrades, I know how they order there boats. I just started adding up the LS3 ($10k?), GPS Cruise ($1200), Sales tax and the boat would have been over $100k out the door. BTW, I would highly recommend the Malibu Cruise GPS, I have owned two VLX's (2011/13) with the paddlewheel and both were marginal, my 2013 was pretty horrible. Nothing worse than having your boat surging all over the place... just something to consider, the LSV is a really heavy boat, and weighted I think the PW might struggle holding speed.

Congrats on your new LSV, they are beautiful, I love the new design, deeper freeboard, and the rear facing seating they added. Its a sweet boat... its begging for weight! Great move on the LS3, I would do the same if I ever ordered one.

Edited by Fman

must have ordered the LS3 and bling-bling trailer....

Yes, he has the bling trailer, but not the LS3, he got the 409.... and after experiencing the 409, would only go with the LS3... was not super impressed with that motor. The boat was awesome, I really like the MB build, solid and well built. Surfwake was great, the wakeboard wake is a bit different from my VLX but just personal preference. I also like the new MB tower, its a huge improvement from the older style they had previously.

Edited by Fman

Fman- your "lease/buy/trade" calculations above are off a bit.

Run your numbers again like this: 20% down, 4.5% rate for 20yrs. Figure 2-3% yrly depreciation with 80-100hrs yrly. Seriously.

You gotta order the boat right at a great price with the only exact options folks will pay the most for 1-2yrs from now. Colors, design and the rest gotta be done right, it's gotta be an awesome boat that has bling and bad ssa appeal. Not eveyone Inherently knows how to so this. You gotta get a good deal on the boat you are buying and do well on a fee free consignment thru your dealer on your trade. That's how you get top dollar. It works and the numbers work.

You gotta have great credit for the banks to loan, and you gotta take care of your boats, keep them in new condition. Gotta have a good dealer that works with you. You need to be the easiest customer: financing already set, full order already spec'd out. Just waiting for the best price.

They were just some rough figures I put together quickly... I guess for me its financing something for 15 years, its more of a mind set block. You seem to have it figured out and it works well for you. I did pay cash for my VLX, but I was only able to do this because in 2008 I got a rediculously great price on my first inboard. I walked in at the perfect scenario, its when the credit market was frozen and boats were not selling. And I mean nothing was selling... The dealer was drooling over me, they needed to free up cash and liquidate inventory to keep there business alive and took a massive hit on the boat, well below there cost. I purchased it for cash and sold it and actually made a profit. From my 2011 to my 2013 I just paid the difference in cash. If I ever move up to a 100k boat I more than likely will finance the difference between the two. But I have a kid in college next year, and another one coming up quickly after.... kind of hard to convince my wife we need a bigger boat with our crew size dwindling every year! Oh yea, she already said NO about entertaining a new LSV next season! Ha ha..... worth a shot! but hey, you never know, its a long winter... :)

It's sortof a moving target, then. I don't think taxes should be included when discussing prices, because the amount of tax varies from place to place, whether you have a trade and get a sales tax credit on that, etc., and really has nothing to do with the "deal" you are getting from the dealer.

IMHO, the answer to "how much would X cost" should be however much you are paying less applicable sales tax.

$77K! makes me wonder what I could get for mine.... an A24 with LS3 would sure be nice... maybe my daughter will decide not to go to college after all....

He did get a blinged trailer, 409 engine, and a Wetsounds system (4 rev 8's, amps, sub etc...). So that was pretty much full tilt. I would love to live in a state with no sales tax, that shaves off 8-10k when you purchase one of these monsters!