Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tige Apex

jb 156

I sat in a new one at my dealer the other day, Malibu did some nice upgrades on the new LSV.... even though with the LS3 you are at about a $100k + tax, which I thought was crazy... considering the G and Xstar are $25-30k more, I guess its a bargain these days...

Agreed.

All I know for sure is boat shows are going to be a lot of fun the next couple of years. :laugh:

Looks like a nice build by Tige, definitely resembles the G23 with a touch of Tige....

One thing I do not understand is the color scheme of this flagship boat, olive green and gray? Seems like they could have come up with something with a bit more pop....

Items I really like:

3,000 lbs sub floor ballast

High Def Tige Touch screen (medallion)

Cooler placement

Rear surfboard storage

Windshield design looks nice

Items I dont care for:

Alpha Z tower, how it looks (one set of boardracks???)

Angular seats, they dont look to comfy

Was there any rear facing seating???

No surf system (ie: SG or NSS)

Very small swim platform

I am predicting price point of $115-$130k, the RZ2 is already close to $100k. One of the biggest hurdles for Tige is there dealer network is very weak. They only have TWO dealerships in California, one in Fairfield and the other in Corona. Towing your boat 2-3 hours is a dealbreaker for most people, especially with Malibu, Nautique and MC dealers scattered throughout this state. I hope this boat generates sales for them, a bit of a risk trying to enter the "extreme" boat category with Nautique and MC leading the pack.

Considering the possible price of this boat and others....have never met a CEO/Executive that likes to shred

Considering the possible price of this boat and others....have never met a CEO/Executive that likes to shred

exactly. Hopefully they buy lots of them tho so the used market is drenched with them in 5 years.

• Like 1

I sat in a new one at my dealer the other day, Malibu did some nice upgrades on the new LSV.... even though with the LS3 you are at about a $100k + tax, which I thought was crazy... considering the G and Xstar are $25-30k more, I guess its a bargain these days...

I didnt know the 23LSV with 450 was at 100k!!! But at least it and the Axis24 comes with a surf system. what will the Axis24 be at with the 450?

I didnt know the 23LSV with 450 was at 100k!!! But at least it and the Axis24 comes with a surf system. what will the Axis24 be at with the 450?

I was quoted mid 80's with Monsoon 350, add $10k for the LS3, plus a few more upgrades and you are right at $100k + tax. I dont think the Monsoon 350 is adequate for the new LSV, but that is an entirely different discussion. I have no idea on the Axis A24 pricing....

I tried to ask that same question on wakeworld and the answer was pretty cagey, but sub $80k reasonably equipped with an LS3... probably. I agree that that now sounds "cheap". holy smokes. I've been meaning to do a drive by of our local malibu "dealer" because they also pop up as an axis dealer on the website. Don't have any boats afaik (they are mostly a motorcycle / atv dealer) but wanted to see if I could get a price.

So..... It's a G23 with wheels on the cooler, and no surf system. Nice!

In all seriousness though, it looks like they developed a great boat here. Ugly as sin, and definitely very G23ish, and also lacks creativity from that standpoint. But, should be a great boat if the pricing is right.

Although this new Tige does drip in G styling, keep in mind that the bathtub tub design of the G was tige's deign style first. The ASR looks closer to the rest of the Tige lineup than the G does the Nautique lineup.

• Like 2

Although this new Tige does drip in G styling, keep in mind that the bathtub tub design of the G was tige's deign style first. The ASR looks closer to the rest of the Tige lineup than the G does the Nautique lineup.

"Tige: Because we've been doing ugly since before ugly was cool."

How much more is an ls3 over the 410? I priced one at me dealer with a 410, decently optioned, right around 85k

Pretty cool boat if it actually throws a G size wake with factory ballast. I don't care that it is a rip off actually. I just hope they price it so a few of them actually sell now so I can buy one in three years after it has depreciated by 50% like most tiges do.

MSRP yes it's over 100K, axis 24 was like 80's msrp.

Edited by Bobby Light

A fully loaded 13 with the 450 was in the low to mid 90s. You can get a new LSV out the door just for over 100k

exactly. Hopefully they buy lots of them tho so the used market is drenched with them in 5 years.

Even though I bought new because of Surfgate, the used boat market is a much better place with more options .

• Like 1

Folks, Mark October 2nd at 11:45 PM Est (or whenever the video actually started, after 30 mins of watching people walk through the buffet table), as the day the wakeboat revolution began.

Tige really has made a game changer with the Tige Asser. It will go down in marine history to similiar to how certain aircraft were ground breaking in the aviation world.

A couple of days similiar were Dec 13 1968 with the TU-144 first flight, also know as the Concordski, read about it here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-144

Or Novemeber 15th 1988 with the First Flight of the Buran (Spaceshutteski)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buran_(spacecraft)

How much more is an ls3 over the 410? I priced one at me dealer with a 410, decently optioned, right around 85k

Not sure, I know the LS3 is about a $10k upgrade. I rode in a '14 23' MB w/2315 prop and the 409 and was not impressed, if I were ordering the LSV I would not settle for anything less than the LS3. The boat is heavy. $85k + 8.5% sales tax + $4k stereo = $96,200 + $960-$1000 year in luxury tax you get to pay in California every year. It adds up quickly....

Sounding like the price won't be too far form the G23. Why buy a G23 knock off that doesn't have surf system when you could get the real thing with a surf system for just a little more?

Sounding like the price won't be too far form the G23. Why buy a G23 knock off that doesn't have surf system when you could get the real thing with a surf system for just a little more?

That's like Hyundai charging BMW prices for it's "flagship" sedan. Doesn't make much sense.

That's like Hyundai charging BMW prices for it's "flagship" sedan. Doesn't make much sense.

Not at all, Tige's prices have come up recently. The Z3 is inline with the new LSV price wise. Odds are the new tige is about 10k less than the G23. Might as well buy the real thing IMO. I just don't know why tige doesn't come up with an original boat vs copying the G23........ It's about as close as you can get with out actually putting the nautique logo on it.