Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chadillac MXZ

chadwick02

yes. at least an inch wider. I don't know what the factory widths are on the CTS-V. Probably something like 11" rear and 9" front would be my guess though.

that looks about right, look at the width difference from the top wheel to the middle wheel in the stack of 3. pretty noticeable. makes me think more than just an inch apart.

IMG_5257.jpg

Trade that Tahoe in at once on an ESV platinum edition. Tint the windshield on that MXZ. Get some LEDs inside and some big subs in the boat and truck. Then you're Rollin.

• Like 2

What? No Escalade tow rig? What kinda baller are you?

I am disappoint!

I thought that too,but if it was me I would have all my money in the boat too! Specially with the idea he has, but a Cadillac tow rid is an order!.

Yes, the rims were a new take offs from a 2013 CTS-V coupe. I did a fair amount of tire research (not that there are a ton of options for that size rim...), wanted to make sure we got the correct tires to handle the weight, and the Hankook's fit the job perfect and have great reviews.

Easier to go with a set of all the same size? Sure. But thats not true to form based on the car. With any of them, we needed modified axles, making the rear ones a slight different size than the front was the least of the headaches!

Looks good, but pet peeve; When referring to "Staggered" wheels on a vehicle, it refers to the diameter not the width. 17"/18".

Kiwi - not looking to fuel any pet peeve's, nor start a technicality debate here, but I always thought 'staggared wheels' refered to a set of wheels with any dimension difference, width or diameter?

Absolutly open to emblum and decal ideas, we've already got a few in the works!

Sound system is up next, more info as we finish it up! I ordered the boat without any sound system at all, and have decided to go with Exile products. I was very happy with the build and sound quality of their speakers in my last boat, and they are awesome people to work with!

Will post more pictures later this weekend/early next week as we complete some of that, but for now... one of our favorite activities is drilling big holes in new boats!

IMG_5162.jpg

not looking to fuel any pet peeve's, nor start a technicality debate here, but I always thought 'staggared wheels' refered to a set of wheels with any dimension difference, width or diameter?

I'd concur - the wheels on my M3 are staggered. Wider in the rear than the front, but both are 19" hoops.

Same with the 330 I used to have. Both were 17s one was 225/45 and the other was 245/40 I believe. Back was a little wider and a tiny bit more sidewall. But not larger.

Double stagger refers to wider/taller combinations. That is when you have unlocked greatness.

(So yes, staggered fitments refer to both diameter and width)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

Stereo Part 1

Malibu's factory stereo options are great for most, but myself and a few buddies have fun thinking outside the box when it comes to sound, and enjoy the creativity and wiring work, so we ordered the boat sans stereo.

Sound objectives were simple:

1 - a simple and easy to use system. Ipods and Aux in are our only sources. No CD's, no radio, no need for a traditional head unit. Out of my comfort zone? Yup. But we tried it, and love it now.

2- Top notch sound quality.

The current iphone 4/5 fits almost PERFECT into the factory blank that comes with a boat ordered without a stereo. We cut into the backing, mounted a RAM iphone mount and wired in a right angle Ipod cable. The cable acts as a charger only, audio is transmitted via Bluetooth to an Exile ZLD (will post on that next).

The result: a mount that holds an iphone into the dash that looks slick, easily accessible by the driver, and permanent power (our main source is an old iphone that we keep in the boat, but bluetooth and the aux in means guests can easily connect and play their music), its always ready to roll. With the push of a button the ipod can be popped out of the mount and passed around the boat giving passengers ability to chose songs, build play lists, take pictures..etc.

Chicks love having control of the music anywhere in the boat, driver has ultimate volume control, great sound quality,very simple.

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

IMG_2538.JPG

ahopkins22LSV

That's an awesome idea. Question though: how does the driver always have control over the sound when there is no head unit or touch screen? This would apply to when the phone is being passed around the boat by the chicks ;)

He has the master volume control at the ZLD. I imagine if the person with the phone uses the pause function or stops play all together he has no control.

Like the integration of the mount though. Looks sweet.

ahopkins22LSV

He has the master volume control at the ZLD. I imagine if the person with the phone uses the pause function or stops play all together he has no control.

Like the integration of the mount though. Looks sweet.

I am guessing the ZLD is the master control touch screen to the right of the steering wheel? If so, it makes sense. I didn't know you could control volume through that.

I am guessing the ZLD is the master control touch screen to the right of the steering wheel? If so, it makes sense. I didn't know you could control volume through that.

ZLD is the thing with the knobs mounted below the touchscreen to the right of the steering wheel. It's a Zone Line Driver or controller for each of the zones or amps that run the speakers, plus a pre-amp. Has separate volume controls for Sub, Cabin, and Tower.

Edited by jtrovato
ahopkins22LSV

ZLD is the thing with the knobs mounted below the touchscreen to the right of the steering wheel. It's a Zone Line Driver or controller for each of the zones or amps that run the speakers, plus a pre-amp. Has separate volume controls for Sub, Cabin, and Tower.

AH, that makes even more sense. We don't have those fancy gadgets in our slalom boats :)