Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu needs to step up its game...bigger ballast ..new boat !

malibu.c.c

Compared to the two xstars and the g currently frequenting my area that boat is a work of art. And to throw gas on the fire the green MC with green interior was absolutly pulling tubes all day. the g and the orange mc with orange interior? no one could ride or DRIVE. Had shouting matches with the drivers of both boats. That's how the stereotypes are justified.

Amen on that, Ruff.

We have a brand new X-25 on our lake.... or on a lift anyway. I don't think I've seen it actually on the water even one time all year. I bet their going to get thru the summer with single digit hours.

Is that the right their/they're/there?? :Doh:

• Like 2

We love our malibu's .

Some extra factory ballast on all malibu boats would be great

Every brand needs a show stopper even if sales are small..

Mastercraft has the xstar and nautique tihe g's

You can't compare them to any malibu's ,as they have huge ballasts and heavy boats !

All the main events are pulled by xstar's and g.s ...

Come on Malibu ! Yeah the red bull challenge is great ...

Malibu needs a boat to be up there with xstar's and g's , in weight and wake size if not bigger..

Even though the xstar has terrible wake under 24 mph ..

Anyone seen any doubles behind MXZ... ? Since the new xstar and g's came out

We see doubles and huge air tricks ....everyone is talking about these boats,they see them in the pro tour ,

They see them in all events ..

Malibu needs a boat that will be king of wake :). And have a tsunami surf wake !

And all the others that love Malibu the way it is ,stick to your vlx' and mxz's .

Some of is us want Malibu"s version of an xstar or g !

You seem really focused on my boat, I'm not. you need a pull?

Are you going to contribute anything or talk tubes and stereotypes?

Why are you here? Really? Do you get 20 bucks off your next G if you troll us?

Me too. It's a waste of time to proofread every post on here.

Ya, and to boot most every device I use to access this place has some sort of auto correct that jacks with what you type anyway.

I think you are confused. All those events, rider preference has absolutely NOTHING to do with who pulls it. It about MONEY and relationships with promotors.

Say it's not so! Say you made that up! I was really thinking about jumping brands because MC pulled the pro tour. I thought it was the best, not the million dollars they paid to get the contract for X amount of years.

The best example of this is how the "riders choice" awards choose the 2012 x star as boat of the year, and they didn't even release the boat because they had so many issues with it. Debuted the boat, realized there where issues, did not release the boat, and still won boat of the year. I, I don't understand..... Oooooohhh yeah, money. Wouldn't want to tarnish that reputation as the best

+1. Also that we are allowed to point out flaws or have complaints without the manufacturer whining and shutting it down.

All of us are critical of of malibu's, and we own them. My thought is it is what helps keep Malibu on point

NOt sure if I am buying the "ALL of us are critical of our Malibus"....there are some Malibu can't do no wrong-ers on the site.

And to throw gas on the fire the green MC with green interior was absolutly pulling tubes all day.

I rode behind a green/green X10 earlier this summer and it was fantastic. Great boat right out of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I have enough time to go do a quick set and then I am off ...tired of filling fat sacs (add more factory

Ballasts ..others have done it to their boats and customers love it ..never heard anyone

Complain they have large factory ballast ..) ,tired of being

Careful not to step hard on rear seats ( come on ..continue the walkover platform through the middle

Of the middle cushion ..). Tired of folding down that tower ..release handle at least would be great ....

Seriously just sold my 2011 vlx ..and planning on getting a "new " MXZ ...new in what ? Surf gate ...

Same dash,same tower ,same nearly everything inside and over my head ...still need fat sacs ,

Still need quick release knobs and something for folded tower to lean on ...

So why I am going to spend 30,000 plus to upgrade for ? Pickle fork and surf gate ...

Malibu needs a new boat like the xstar and g's very quick ,,because when they bring the g21 out

It's going to hurt Malibu sales on vlx and mxz20 !,

I have only read the first page....but what I picked up was make Malibu more like the G's. Dude, the G boat is awesome but it's about 8000 lbs. It's more like a Yacht/Ski Boat. How many units have they moved? Why does Malibu sell so well? Yeah, SG boats need a little more bow ballast. Get a sac or some friends and its over.

THE G3 TOWER WAS DESIGNED TO PERFECTION!

get a sac or friends and its over.... seriously ... if Malibu think the way u do ..they wont be number 1 for much longer..

no one said add the same weight as a G .... the tower is going to change sooner then latter get it into your heads... they might as well do it now that

nautique ,supra and mc have easy folding towers with a handle on their boats !!!

all the Malibu's can use extra weight ... we seen to all agree..

now the point of the post was that some of us want boats like the g and xstar ..., and you would be supriced how many they have sold ...

since we are Malibu owners... we would prefer to move onto a smilar boat that Malibu can offer...

because now it offers nothing like the g or xstar ...

so once again we are not changing the Malibu line we are asking for a factory boat ,with huge ballast tanks (even if we don't fill them all he way ) , something

different and abit more whaooo...

the xstar owners stand out more then any mastercraft

the g's owners stand out more then any nautique ..

now its Malibu's turn because all its boats look too similar !!!!! inside ,towers, rear ends...

the lsv looks like an mxz without a pickle fork ...

come on...

so no one is taking away your standard Malibu line up , but we all agree they all need extra factory ballast for surfing and wakeboarding... so

Malibu should move on it ...

as for a new Malibu that will be in line with the g, xstar and new tige coming out ... Malibu needs to get to the drawing board and quick before it

see's loyal customers moving to nautique ,mc and others..

The wakeboard boat market is a tiny niche market. The people who want more ballast (me and many of the people on the crew) are a tiny niche in a tiny niche. The people who want to spend G or X-Star pricing for a boat are a tiny niche in a tiny niche. The people who like the power tower are . . . well, there aren't any (just kidding). Point being, as a boat manufacturer, a tiny niche area within the wakeboard boat market may be nice to have (especially if you have the niche mostly to yourself), but most boat manufacturers are going to concentrate their designs on the biggest part of the market, not on the tiny parts of the market. If the people on this forum were representative of the overall market, instead of just a small segment of it, boats would look a lot different than they do.

• Like 2

Mastercraft and CC were popular before the big x star and G. I don't think you have any idea what you want. I did a quick search on google for issues with the x star tower and a thread started by Malibu CC was on the first page. You basically say the xstars and Gs are junk, cracking hulls and towers that break, now your on here saying others wise? :dontknow: Below are your own words dude. I say you go buy a 24' bayliner and be done with the debate

Mastercraft owners/dealers are having huge problems with illmor engines !!!
ilmor will not help or deal with dealers or owners and they need to go to mastercraft direct ..mastercraft will
not answer ....mastercraft is going down the drain ..it has been sold too many times and has nearly filed for
default as well afew rimes... they couldnt even get the 2012 xstar ready for 2012... ..

now nautique is having problems with the pcm catanium engine ... it doesnt work right ..too many problems..
and as for warranty ,,,no comment ..

this info is from dealers in europe that are having big problems that i spoke to recently...

seriously they bring out a 2012 xstar that never makes it to production...
correct craft brings out G23 that the hull cracks and transmissions blow...

Congrats to malibu for the MXZ ..they either got very lucky or did their home worK!
amazing smooth ride over double ups and rough water ! excellent boat !!
cant wait to order mxz24!!

a boat that works... unlike its competitors with facy towers that break downs and hulls that crack...

Edited by wakebrdr94

I am still confused. Please just go buy a "G" or a "Star". It's much easier than listening to the same argument 40 times.

I don't find it all puzzling that all Malibu's look somewhat the same. It's called branding, Have you ever looked at Ford cars and trucks, BMW's cars and SUV's ? Starbucks coffe cups and snack bags? Hell, even Subway sandwiches .......regardless of the model. THEY ALL HAVE BRAND SIMILARITY!

Are you Canadian? Just have to ask.

That's why I would like Malibu to make something similar but ..and I mentioned it in earlier threads..

A boat like an xstar or g but with Malibu quality and reliability ...

If you don't like the thread don't read it ....

Geez. We can't even express our opinions to some people ...

Yes BMW ,Mercedes. All have top special editions ...you think merc sells a lot of slr.s ? But they make

Them to show they can crate super sports cars ,so did Porsche ...so don't talk to me

About branding and Starbucks ...everyone can afford Starbucks but not everyone can afford

100,000 dollar boats ..so listen to the people who can afford them and want them!

Edited by malibu.c.c

Mastercraft and CC were popular before the big x star and G. I don't think you have any idea what you want. I did a quick search on google for issues with the x star tower and a thread started by Malibu CC was on the first page. You basically say the xstars and Gs are junk, cracking hulls and towers that break, now your on here saying others wise? :dontknow: Below are your own words dude. I say you go buy a 24' bayliner and be done with the debate

Another stupid reply ....if I wanted a bay liner genius I wouldn't be here .maybe you should

Buy a mastercraft ..they need more customers like you .....it helps increase malibu's business ..

I don't think the new G or xstar is what has made CC and Mastercraft popular. More like reliable ski boats that they have been making for decades. Huge surf boats are for a much smaller much more recent group. Can't believe the kind of money we are talking.

You never answered the $100,000 question. Are you foreign? IE: NOT FROM THE USA?

Malibu is a much smaller Industry than Mercedes, BWM and Porsche and OBVIOULSY , they dont need a. "Showpiece" to sell boats.For the record, Malibu has built a few " niche" boats..... Google "Malbu Corvette".

Don't tell me not to read your junk. Don't post CRAP in a highly populated area. Kinda like taking a dump In the middle of the sidewalk. Everybody is GONNA see it and might just get stepped on.

Jack Springer......Please don't take the advise of the OP. I would prefer not to incur the price of RD for a "showpiece" model when it comes time to purchase my next boat. Thank you.

Your the one who mentioned BMW,Starbucks and anything else stupid you could think of !

Malibu corvette ...you serious ....you compare that with the sales the g's have done or the new xstar ...

The only person with crap is you !

I said do not change the current line ..but add more factory ballast to all the boats ...

If you think the market for customers that want g's and xstar's is small then wake up ....

Nautique had under 50000 likes on facebook before the g came out now they are over 100,000

At the time malibu was around 60,000 news it's around 83000. ..

People like the g's get it in your head and Malibu is the company that can dominate that

Piece of the pie ...you think tige is also stupid for making a new boat that will have huge wakes....

You think they bring out boats over 100000 for nothing ...buyers are out there !

Now go crap on another posting