Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu needs to step up its game...bigger ballast ..new boat !

malibu.c.c

The whole thread was opinion based, basically Malibu needs to step up to MC and CC or risk falling behind.

The most relevant fact would be it was started by the same guy who posted a year ago that MC and CC were crap, gave kudos to Malibu, then said Malibu was not up to Par with the other big two.

Fact. He said the towers on MC were breaking and CC hulls were cracking.

Fact : couldn't wait to order a 24MXZ as Malibu did their homework

Fact: complained about the G3 tower, out dated and not easy to fold (side fact, very easy to fold, storage is a separate issue)

Fact: said Malibu needed to build boats to compete with x and G.

How do you think people are going to respond? Especially from a person who started two threads, waaaayyyy opposite sides of the spectrum. I don't believe there is a perfect boat for all, as someone mentioned that is why we tinker so much with our boats and customize this or that.

I will say I don't think personal attacks are called for, but stating facts of what someone said is not an attack, especially if you are reiterating what is already in print.

I'm not trying to be a pain in anyone's side, but truth if the matter is, if the mods are going to allow a post that says Malibu should be more like the other brands, then expect some of us are going to defend our "brand" as those are the same reasons we bought our boats. What would happen if you went I a ford site and said, "that Eco boost is a joke, ford should build all engines with a duramax", what would be the reactions to that?

I'm glad the mods here let them run their course as they usually die on their own, vs hearing you can't say that. Unless of course the info is so off base, someone needs to step in. I.e Malibu is coming out with a self driving boat that makes dinner for you as well.

Apparently BS types faster than I do

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 2

There is absolutely no danger of this thread or the prop thread being shut down for the debate of who likes what and who thinks what boat should be rigged what way. These threads are in GREAT danger of being closed because there seems to be a handful of members that can't debate ANY subject without calling each other names or generally dis-respecting each other. This sort of un-professional behavior won't be tolerated. Most of the offending members have been warned over & over about this. It's something we don't usually see until the dead of winter just before boat show season. When you see the threads locked without any more warnings, you'll now know why.

• Like 4

IMO, if the thread was allowed to start, it should be allowed to finish. Meaning, it's pretty obvious how a thread based on "Malibu needing to be more like CC and MC" is going to go.... especially given the fact these discussions don't just consist of Malibu owners. Just my 2 cents.

I understand what you're saying, but that's not how we look at it. If we did that, we'd be shutting threads down right & left. There are times when a thread is started & I think, "oh here we go, that one will be locked within 3 pages", & then it never needs it. We have to give you guys a chance before swinging that hammer. Look at the hate thread. Ronnie & I were sure that one would have been sideways some time ago & it threatened to be at several points. But you guys got it together & kept that from happening. Would you prefer it if we jump the gun on that? I wouldn't. But the point is this: just because a thread is allowed to go on even if we know how it's going to go doesn't mean that it will get special treatment & be allowed to go all the way to the depths of Hades before we'll lock it.

This thread has run its course, & at this point we have a lot of sniping going back & forth. If it can come back to a coherent discussion (if it ever was at all) then fine, have at it. But it's very close to being locked down.

Has anyone else noticed that it alway

I understand what you're saying, but that's not how we look at it. If we did that, we'd be shutting threads down right & left. There are times when a thread is started & I think, "oh here we go, that one will be locked within 3 pages", & then it never needs it. We have to give you guys a chance before swinging that hammer. Look at the hate thread. Ronnie & I were sure that one would have been sideways some time ago & it threatened to be at several points. But you guys got it together & kept that from happening. Would you prefer it if we jump the gun on that? I wouldn't. But the point is this: just because a thread is allowed to go on even if we know how it's going to go doesn't mean that it will get special treatment & be allowed to go all the way to the depths of Hades before we'll lock it.

This thread has run its course, & at this point we have a lot of sniping going back & forth. If it can come back to a coherent discussion (if it ever was at all) then fine, have at it. But it's very close to being locked down.

Has anyone else noticed that it always seems to members from a certain region that these posts are addressed towards. Pretty clear who the profanity one was addressed to a couple days ago.

Are you afraid of the dollars you will loose within that region if you remove a member? Is it preferential treatment since the owner of the fourm lives in that region...

Why is this still an issue????? The deifintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

The profanity statement was a sweeping, across the board reminder directed at everyone & nobody specifically at the same time. Maybe you're just paying more attention to specific members, but I've seen it as an increasing problem across the board for some time now. If you'd seen our warn logs since that post, you would see that there is a wide mix of people from all over. Obviously, you'll have to take my word for it because I'm not about to violate the privacy of those members to show you.

As far as the rest, I really don't know what you mean. And I'm happy to take up the conversation privately with you if you'd like to explain it to me. Losing dollars.....if we were afraid of that, we wouldn't have addressed the vendor issue a while back and there would likely be advertising plastered all over this site. Region has nothing to do with it. I see a lot of sniping going on in this thread by members from all over, so whatever you're implying is going right over my head. Sorry, blonde moment I guess.

The whole thread was opinion based, basically Malibu needs to step up to MC and CC or risk falling behind.

The most relevant fact would be it was started by the same guy who posted a year ago that MC and CC were crap, gave kudos to Malibu, then said Malibu was not up to Par with the other big two.

Fact. He said the towers on MC were breaking and CC hulls were cracking.

Fact : couldn't wait to order a 24MXZ as Malibu did their homework

Fact: complained about the G3 tower, out dated and not easy to fold (side fact, very easy to fold, storage is a separate issue)

Fact: said Malibu needed to build boats to compete with x and G.

How do you think people are going to respond? Especially from a person who started two threads, waaaayyyy opposite sides of the spectrum. I don't believe there is a perfect boat for all, as someone mentioned that is why we tinker so much with our boats and customize this or that.

I will say I don't think personal attacks are called for, but stating facts of what someone said is not an attack, especially if you are reiterating what is already in print.

I'm not trying to be a pain in anyone's side, but truth if the matter is, if the mods are going to allow a post that says Malibu should be more like the other brands, then expect some of us are going to defend our "brand" as those are the same reasons we bought our boats. What would happen if you went I a ford site and said, "that Eco boost is a joke, ford should build all engines with a duramax", what would be the reactions to that?

I'm glad the mods here let them run their course as they usually die on their own, vs hearing you can't say that. Unless of course the info is so off base, someone needs to step in. I.e Malibu is coming out with a self driving boat that makes dinner for you as well.

Apparently BS types faster than I do

Problem is all you do is defend your brand !

Yes I wrote the problems mastercraft and Cc were having long ago ..check date on posting ....

Yes I wrote I would like towers and ballasts ,reversible bench seat and other new stuff and

A new boat similar to them,. BUT with Malibu quality and reliability !!

So don't play with my words!

Now if you think Malibu is going to stay with the boats it has And never make any new changes to the tower

Or anything..wake up !

If we the owners don't tell them what we want then how will their boats improve ? It's called customer

Feed back!!

And yes I was going to buy mxz24 and I didn't ,why because going for a vlx 2011 to the same tower,same speakers,same

Dash ,same instruments ..bored me !

If I update I want all round new ! That's me !

Considering mxz22 now ...still till dash ,tower changes will not update!

Unlike you I don't like the idea every time I go out need to fill bow fat sac !

Tired of it and to spend money on "new boat" and do it again ...no thks

And I am more loyal to the brand then you or I would have jumped ship,

Do don't give us that brand loyal ....., .

Edited by malibu.c.c

As long as you have an endless amount of cash flow, there will always be something "new". And guess what? The stuff that's new will be old next year.

Just because it's new, doesn't mean it's better.

But you are entitled to spend your Euro how ever you see fit. Sounds like this year your stuck with A Tige that hasn't come out yet, Supra SC, Moomba mondo, or A24. Those are all "new" boats.

Don't talk to me about brands like Momba and supra ..pls ...

I said a new Malibu ..

Or at least an MXZ with new tower ,bigger factory ballasts , reversible rear bench seat , and if they are all going to

Have the new lsv..vlx dash then get on with it ..

At least I will upgrade to something new ....

New I mean ..something that will be new for another 3-4 years .....

That's the problem, it won't be "new" for

3 or 4 years. Sounds like your just upset because you are ready to buy, and want Malibu to have something all "new" to acomodate your wants/needs.....23 LSV.....but it still has an old tower?

It just doesn't work that way. Maybe they will have something "new" next year, or the year after. It's much easier to sit down and make a list of what your most important "wants" are if you are in the market now. If the Malibu format doesn't fit. Go with what does. That way you can be happy with what you purchase for the next 3-4 years regardless if its "new" or not. It does the job you are looking for, or is more about image than anything?

• Like 1

If we the owners don't tell them what we want then how will their boats improve ? It's called customer

Feed back!!

Have you talked to Malibu or are you hoping they read this thread? Just curious..

I saw the date on the posting, roughly a year ago, meaning it was the same boats on the water then as they are now. Unless they made some huge mid year upgrades that I missed. If so, please enlighten me and the rest of us, as your post said you received your info from dealers you spoke to, plural. Do you work for the industry? Were you just calling different dealers because you wanted information? You wrote as though you had an inside tip, so share it with the rest of us. Obviously you became bored with your boat to change opinions. Whether you are loyal to Malibu or not, big deal.

Malibu, like all companies, will evolve to the market. It's unrealistic to think that there will not be changes. I hated the G3 when it came out, just the look of it. But once I was using it, loved it. Yes it had an extra bolt vs my old Titan tower, but a one man job as it is weightless if you have the right shocks on there. In a years time you said the tower was outdated. That's just funny to me.

If I did not have to fill a bow sac, that would be great, but IMO, you lose alot of storage for what you gain in ballast for a hard tank. i can throw twice as much weight up there with one sac and still have more weight AND storage in the bow. its called being functional. Besides, even if they doubled the front tank capacity, in a year youd be wanting more, its human nature. I grew up boating on an old POS tri hull with some POS Johnson motor on the back of it. To me it's amazing where boats, or anything else, has evolved to in my time here. But to hear people complain about two bolts vs quick pull pins, just lazy. Remember the days of having to prime the gas to get started? People just want to complain about everything. You're not happy with your boat after two years, so upgrade. To say MC and CC are not quality or reliable is false statement, both make great products. (Which I think you'd agree with me as you said Malibu should make boats like theirs) So for you to say you want what they have, but with Malibu quality and reliability, just go buy what's on the market. Again not a play on your words, read what you just wrote.

And the 24MXZ was new, a new hull isn't enough for you? Rear facing seats? Still not enough? How about Surfgate? Bluetooth? 8in speakers, PNP, storage access from the bow, trash can, igloo cooler, rear transom seating, but sorry, the dash and tower make it the same. Sounds like a lot of new compared to your boat. (Which, BTW, you already have an awesome boat) Dude, give it up,

Edited by wakebrdr94

I give up ..some people just keep going back and forth trying to prove a point ..

Topic was ..Malibu should have a boat like the g and xstar ...

Better ,in quality ,reliability and wakes ...

That's it !

Never said old line is bad ,never said change all the boats ..

And never said the g's or xstar's are great boats or the most reliable ..they look amazing and the g.s have huge wakes..

Finished !

Nothing in the Malibu range comes close to looks of an xstar

And nothing in the Malibu range has a wake like the g's

And both have better looking and easier to lower towers ..

My opinion .

Bye ..

Edited by malibu.c.c

Malibu Kick ... wake edition !

New tower similar to mastercraft !

Factory ballast like G23!

New rear end ...now all malibu's starting to look the same...

New gauges ...

Bigger storage ..

Interior in new lsv is nice..stay with lsv interior add reversible bench seat

And one bad ... wrap !

Limited edition boat !

Come on Malibu you need a bad ... ,monster wake boat !

450 hp engine standard

Bigger wedge

Larger surfgates

Need to get up there with the big boys !

Tige is coming out with a monster wake boat October 2nd ..

Nautique has the g's

Mastercraft xstar ...

These have huge wakes on factory ballast !

If Malibu that is better quality and more reliable can do

Something better ...

You left 3 blade prop off the list. :rofl:

Have you acknowledged why your thread hasn't flown yet? It's pretty simple. We all understand what you want, but the fact of the matter is most of us (a sample of malibu customers) don't want the same thing. You said Malibu should listen to it's customers feedback, well thus far this thread has been spoken upon by many malibu customers that don't want a Malibu X-setter.

We're not saying your wrong, we're saying we disagree. And considering this is an entirely opinion based thread, what did you expect?

Here's my direct comments to your last "requests" from malibu:

I give up ..some people just keep going back and forth trying to prove a point ..

Topic was ..Malibu should have a boat like the g and xstar ...
Better ,in quality ,reliability and wakes ...

I don't, as others have said I don't like the imaging that goes with having such a flagship model and I don't want to pay for the R&D through the rest of the line

That's it !
Never said old line is bad ,never said change all the boats ..
And never said the g's or xstar's are great boats or the most reliable ..they look amazing and the g.s have huge wakes..

Finished !
Nothing in the Malibu range comes close to looks of an xstar

True, but Malibu's have there own looks, The X-star is a good looking boat, not necessarily better than Malibu's, the G on the other hand I think they hit function over form.
And nothing in the Malibu range has a wake like the g's

I'm fine with that. The VTX wake is enough for me, I'm sure the bigger boats are even better. I'll completely side with you that they should put more ballast in across the line, especially in the bow.
And both have better looking and easier to lower towers .

Disagree on looks completely. The G3 is the best looking tower on the market. It flows with the line of the boat. Also time and time again we've been proven it is a piece of cake to fold. Maybe some of the accessories could be easier to store. Also everyone that seems to have a lot of trouble folding there tower, seems to be caused by accessories so they can store it in a short garage. A garage that would be too small to store any of the other boats with there easily-folded towers. So I don't understand your argument here at all.

My opinion .

Bye ..

Here's my requests from Malibu:

Remake the 2007 VTX with a G3 tower and SG. I love the quality of the wakesetter lineup, I also love rocker switches that never malfunction and are easily replaced. Feel free to add more ballast too. Rear tanks could be ~5-600 lbs (I don't need a lot of storage myself, I know others do) and replace the front bow tank with a sac, you should be able to get an easy 500 lbs up there, maybe up to 1000 lbs with an appropriate under seat bow sac.

And to add, I know you seem to love Malibu but really the G and x-star are great boats with just as great quality as Malibu. If that is the type of boat you want than you are being foolish to wait for malibu to build one. They're great boats, I see there appeal but I don't want one. If I did want one and could afford it I would certainly get one. If you're point is to express your interest in a malibu x-setter than fine. But if your point is to get malibu to build one because you want a boat like that, well your foolish, just go buy the boat you want, regardless of the name.

Edited by TrickyNicky
  • 6 years later...