Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu needs to step up its game...bigger ballast ..new boat !

malibu.c.c

This is what I was saying about the differnt versions of the bimini. Mine is a factory Commercial Sewing bimini. 2012. It's not the slider. It has two small support poles the go in the front hoop.

What do you have?

Just so you know, the bimini and canvas is not something they generally design in house. It's contracted out and sometimes choices vary on who uses who .Somtimes based on the dealer also.

Edited by Bobby Bright

The Great Lakes Bimini is similar to Bobby Bright's 2012 CS bimini. I have it and have never had to remove my mirror to deploy or boot my bimini. SDK, I think you are confused on the biminis. I'm guessing you are talking about the 2013 CS slider bimini and I'm guessing that you like to slided it all the way back when stowed, in which case you are removing the mirror, sliding it back, and then reattaching the mirror in front of it. From what I've seen, most don't push the slider all the way back when stowed, so they don't have to remove the mirror.

The Great Lakes Bimini is similar to Bobby Bright's 2012 CS bimini. I have it and have never had to remove my mirror to deploy or boot my bimini. SDK, I think you are confused on the biminis. I'm guessing you are talking about the 2013 CS slider bimini and I'm guessing that you like to slided it all the way back when stowed, in which case you are removing the mirror, sliding it back, and then reattaching the mirror in front of it. From what I've seen, most don't push the slider all the way back when stowed, so they don't have to remove the mirror.

Confused only in that I thought we were both talking about the 2013 Bimini. You're right and I do the exact same thing (don't push back the whole way). But it's an imperfect solution and for what we pay (for the boat as a whole) you'd think they'd have designed either the Bimini or the mirror better.

^^^ ridiculous example of that video.

No speakers, no racks, mirror, no Bimini!! Clown show. You prove yourself wrong.

Why don't you do a full video... Start With Bimini open, speakers and racks attached, and show what that looks like and how long it takes. 15-20 mins? Lol.

THAT is the point these guys are trying to make.

If you are going to post crap like this and then ignore the hard questions then it really looks like you are just trolling.

Where do you store more than 4 boards on the CC 210 or 230? Certainly not on that awesome tower that folds so easily. Not in those tiny rear lockers either. I saw space for 1 board with boots under the port side seat, so maybe you can store 5 total.

It's hilarious to see somebody claim the G3 tower sucks by bashing a bimini that takes a few extra minutes to setup, while completely ignoring a lack of board storage space on other models in the CC lineup using the same tower. Isn't that the point of a bigger wakeboat? To take out more people that wakeboard? Are you all just supposed to share one board?

Confused only in that I thought we were both talking about the 2013 Bimini. You're right and I do the exact same thing (don't push back the whole way). But it's an imperfect solution and for what we pay (for the boat as a whole) you'd think they'd have designed either the Bimini or the mirror better.

This is one of the two reasons I went with the 2013 Great Lakes Bimini.

Reason #1: 2013 CS Bimini doesn't stow well with a tower mirror

Reason #2: 2013 CS Bimini must be removed from the tower to clear an 8' garage door (I believe mid-season they came out with a quick release, but you still have to remove it from the tower).

Fair. Not sure what it's like with the Great Lakes Bimini, but what I love with the 2013 CS is that a 2 year old could open and close it - but for the mirror.

If you are going to post crap like this and then ignore the hard questions then it really looks like you are just trolling.

Where do you store more than 4 boards on the CC 210 or 230? Certainly not on that awesome tower that folds so easily. Not in those tiny rear lockers either. I saw space for 1 board with boots under the port side seat, so maybe you can store 5 total.

It's hilarious to see somebody claim the G3 tower sucks by bashing a bimini that takes a few extra minutes to setup, while completely ignoring a lack of board storage space on other models in the CC lineup using the same tower. Isn't that the point of a bigger wakeboat? To take out more people that wakeboard? Are you all just supposed to share one board?

Not to point out the obvious, but, I thought we were talking about the advantages of a boat like a G23, and not the 210, and 230, for this exact reason.....

Also, if it is that important, you can add Samson racks to the tower.... or even better, a Z5 bimini....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ interesting read.

Wow, do you usually take this kind of interest in other guys?

1st week aug I got a Triple X Slayer for Bday.... Won't fit in OEMs.

This week my boy rides a new board and loves it.... Adds 2 since Aug.

What do you think any of that does other than reflect on you? Want pics of them?

1. The OP and others argued the Malibu tower should be more like the CC and MC's. Sooooooo.........a CC owner admitting that their tower has deficiencies as well (no matter how indirectly they try to do it) is pertinent to the conversation. Got it?

2. Like I said, go back and read your posts. Go back and read mine. They speak for themselves.

BS,

If you end up getting that Soulcraft....do not put in racks.....or do you?

I can sum up my feelings on this issue in one sentence. If Malibu does anything that emulates a G or Xstar it's a lot like selling out.

:plus1: Malibu's flatter wet surface allows them to handle like a sports car compared to the rest when empty and still be able to be loaded up when needed. As someone said earlier, I wouldn't want to pay for the R&D on this pig that will be absorbed into the rest of the lineup.

:plus1: Malibu's flatter wet surface allows them to handle like a sports car compared to the rest when empty and still be able to be loaded up when needed. As someone said earlier, I wouldn't want to pay for the R&D on this pig that will be absorbed into the rest of the lineup.

cousin+eddie+Bingo.jpg

I can sum up my feelings on this issue in one sentence. If Malibu does anything that emulates a G or Xstar it's a lot like selling out.

Thank you for attempting to get the thread back on track.

Guys listen. This thread has been the same stuff being thrown back & forth for about 10 pages now, & it's pretty toxic. Let's either get the discussion back on track, or I think that it may be time to lock it. If you're going to continue to use it as an excuse to trash on the other brands, I'd say it's time to move on (that statement was not directed at anyone in particular - there's more than enough to go around).

• Like 3

Yeah that Soulcraft feels about as rock solid as a foam core board could be. There's a huge difference between the TripleX boards and Ruffs fangtail. Not that you couldn't put a triplex in the racks... But they are waaaaay more fragile. That Soulcraft seems bulletproof. It goes in the racks every time

Great to hear! Mine is currently at paint. No build pics yet

Thank you for attempting to get the thread back on track.

Guys listen. This thread has been the same stuff being thrown back & forth for about 10 pages now, & it's pretty toxic. Let's either get the discussion back on track, or I think that it may be time to lock it. If you're going to continue to use it as an excuse to trash on the other brands, I'd say it's time to move on (that statement was not directed at anyone in particular - there's more than enough to go around).

lock it down, put it in the archives, or delete it all together.

I'm up for some more locked threads as well. I realize I voice my opinion in many of them but I try not to overdue it.

In all honesty sometimes it's near impossible to ignore some of the stuff that is said around here lately. Whether it's for sake of argument, fact, or "being right", some things people have said I can't just let go without "correcting". So although it's annoying when 10 ppl jump into a thread to comment based on one guys opinion, it is equally annoying hearing ppl spew information with a complete lack of truth. You guys are trying to police the rants and endless discussions (along with a million other things I`m sure) and some of us are trying to police the trolls of misinformation on here.

This mini-rant was not shot at anyone in particular, especially anyone in this thread.