Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The New 247

Festivus

That thing is GIGANTIC. I might have to go take the CFO for a ride in one of those big boys. If she gave me the green light to order one of those babies, I would need tranquilizers until it got delivered.......and maybe beyone that.

Do they stay on pretty good for trailering?
That's what they're made for, specifically for trailering.

We towed our 05 23 LSV to Havasu last summer with a Rankin Cover. 1,500 miles round trip, average 75 mph, that cover was solid :) In fact, I just ordered another one for my 247.

Snaps = Cry.gif

Edited by stewart
those cup holders on the floor came from the factory. I think they will come in handy. The carpet saver insert has a cut-out for them, so I think it is std.

Those cup holders are not standard on all 247's nor do I see them as an option.

those cup holders on the floor came from the factory. I think they will come in handy. The carpet saver insert has a cut-out for them, so I think it is std.

Yours didn't come with them?

No....did I get ripped off? Acutally I really don't want them....I figure you would be stepping on them all the time getting in and out of the boat.

I'd copy off a picture of mine, if you like it, and tell them you want to match it. Most of the cultured stone places around here have a similar product to eachother, but the all use their own names, so even if I found the name, it may not be helpful. We chose it the same way you are...that is, we saw it, liked it, photographed it, and had our builder get it. I can take a picture of it w/o the boat in the way if you'd like.

Thanks. I'll just print the picture with the boats in front. Looks even better that way. Me: "Look how good the stone looks with a new Malibu 247" CFO: "There's a boat in the picture?"

Hotrodbowtie's 247 does not have them either if you look at his second heater install thread.

How about your's Stewart...do your factory build pictures show them.....oh yeah...you didn't get those pictures Tease2.gif

No....did I get ripped off? Acutally I really don't want them....I figure you would be stepping on them all the time getting in and out of the boat.

I didn't notice them on the show boat... I wonder if that's something new.

I agree, they look like they'ld be in the way.

Hotrodbowtie's 247 does not have them either if you look at his second heater install thread.

How about your's Stewart...do your factory build pictures show them.....oh yeah...you didn't get those pictures Tease2.gif

Hey, your speakers look crooked Tease2.gif

Hey, your speakers look crooked Tease2.gif

No...those are the speakers that look lined up...the other side is crooked

I don't know if they are standard or not, but they just screw in down there, so if I don't like them, they are gone. As for the Rankin cover, it still doesdnt solve the problem of keeping the bow covered in high winds. We actually sunk a 22ft v-drive at Powell two years ago from just that....water, more like a wave, over the bow, swamped, ruined, total loss. I guarantee I won't even notice the snaps when it is all said and done. You probably will because your looking out for them.

I don't know if they are standard or not, but they just screw in down there, so if I don't like them, they are gone. As for the Rankin cover, it still doesdnt solve the problem of keeping the bow covered in high winds. We actually sunk a 22ft v-drive at Powell two years ago from just that....water, more like a wave, over the bow, swamped, ruined, total loss. I guarantee I won't even notice the snaps when it is all said and done. You probably will because your looking out for them.

Our plan on our boat is to get the snap on bow cover, and then we're going to use a regular cover for the rest. From what I've seen, the bow snaps are not really noticable comparend to the snaps that go the rest of the way around the boat. If you did this combo with the Rankin cover, it would solve all of your needs. IMO.

I ordered the Addictions already, will be here in a few weeks. Also have 8 MMC650's and my stereo guy is going to use JL amps/sub(s?). Haven't chosen a head unit yet. The sony is nice because you can use that strange looking round spot in the rear seating area for a remote, but I don't want XM. (Already have 2 Sirius accounts) I am also considering a Pioneer HU and replacing that plastic rear speaker area entirely with a custom speaker plate. I would use the existing Malibu badge and LED, sumfin' real nice. The stereo guy does custom fab. so I'll get his opinion, but it is still about 10 days from that.

Also, I ordered 3 Titan racks- hydrofoil on the SB side, Wakeboard and surfboard on the port side. We'll see how they work together. I am a little nervous about the Titan hydrofoil rack, (thanks Tracy) but wakeside has a no-questions asked return policy, so I am not worried about it. Bimini??? I will order one after I FINALLY get that boat home. I am leaning towards towerbiminis.com, they have some nice pics in their gallery. I wish I could extend it to the stern more without having to worry about the rope coming off the tower. That c*ckpit is so long, the tower is really far forward.

Edited by Festivus
Also, I ordered 3 Titan racks- hydrofoil on the SB side, Wakeboard and surfboard on the port side. We'll see how they work together. I am a little nervous about the Titan hydrofoil rack, (thanks Tracy) but wakeside has a no-questions asked return policy, so I am not worried about it. Bimini??? I will order one after I FINALLY get that boat home. I am leaning towards towerbiminis.com, they have some nice pics in their gallery. I wish I could extend it to the stern more without having to worry about the rope coming off the tower. That c*ckpit is so long, the tower is really far forward.

Festivus, First, amazing boat. I really like the layout. Those things are huge.

Also, I saw in the past people talking about rear extensions for your tower.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....imini+extension

I'm not 100% where to get them. So my question to people would be, if you got them, can they match the pattern that towerbimini's does on their tops. It might look kind of funny to have a bimini with a stripe, and then the extension be solid. I'm not sure.

J- Who's your local stereo guy? I'm curious for future projects. Most of the local guys I've dealt with aren't terribly boat savvy.

Car Toys at Park Meadows. Ask for Keaton, but the installers that do all of the hard stuff are TJ and....I forget the other guys name. They put the tv's in my Sequioa and Tundra. HIGHLY recommended. I have also used the Soundtrack at PM, but Car Toys was better.

You might need two covers for that Big MoFo. My Sunsetter would fit in the ski locker on that Beast.

Edited by Headhunter 2317