Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Listed 247 Wave

-BS-

I don't like you, But I like this. For the masses. Yes.

Now my feeling are hurt. :cry: a big 247 picking on a VLX.... Brandon, I hope you can take this all this lightly, its a public forum for people to express there opinions, ask questions, etc... If you do not agree with someone that is perfectly fine but you seem to be like a big bear that someone pokes and then look out! Regarding Surfgate, there are MANY that actually like it (no, just not myself), I know you do not, which is totally cool.... I was hoping SG could be brought up and not bashed on, just a simple comparison for people that wanted to see the difference between the two. You keep justifying why you do not have it, and how you can make a traditional weighted boat better. Bottom line is no matter how you weight the boat traditionally, you cant do wake transfers or switch riders immediately. You will be draining and filling sacs to switch, which for some us who experienced this prior to surfgate it was a major headache.

It would be nice for you to be a little more open minded, Brandons way might not be the only way.... just sayin' :) peace.

Edited by Fman

Don't say that ! It's just all the trick photography and perfect lighting my professional photog uses that makes it "look" that way.

Setup is very close to what BS listed.

To be a little more exact, Yes the DONG is roughly 2200 lbs if fully erect, but I have not been completely blowing her out for this wave. Just a little chub. SO I would imagine around 1800lbs

The sack we used for the floor is actually just a 380lb FlyHigh tube sack a little over filled, so probably closer to 400. Like BS stated if I have two more peeps, that one gets omitted.

Lead. 480 lbs as the POP bags run 40lbs each. I have 240 in the rear corner, 200 under the observers seat and 80 in the bow.

Speed is indeed 12 MPH on the dash, not sure what GPS actually is. Wedge all the way down for that look. You can manipulate the wave height with the wedge, but no more than 2 clicks up from the bottom or it gets a pretty heavy rooster

2315 prop works very well, boat handles effortlessly in comparison to some of the other boats that I drove with those darn barn doors hanging off the back.

I don't know too many of those goofy bastards, but if a few of you want to get together and give it a go...I'm game. I got plenty of weight. Just need to figure out where to put it.

IDK what it is so we could start a survey but out of 15 ppl I surf with 2 are NOT goofy.

• Like 1

^^^ taken out of context. I dont think he was saying he doesnt like you.... I think he said: "I dont, like you". Forgot to insert a comma, and an implied statement:

"I dont [have the need to host 100x people and switch sides/transitions] like you....for the masses [most folks have the need to switch sides]. Yes."

I am ridiculously in tune with these subtleties, my job relies on it.

• Like 3

Now my feeling are hurt. :cry: a big 247 picking on a VLX.... Brandon, I hope you can take this all this lightly, its a public forum for people to express there opinions, ask questions, etc... If you do not agree with someone that is perfectly fine but you seem to be like a big bear that someone pokes and then look out! Regarding Surfgate, there are MANY that actually like it (no, just not myself), I know you do not, which is totally cool.... I was hoping SG could be brought up and not bashed on, just a simple comparison for people that wanted to see the difference between the two. You keep justifying why you do not have it, and how you can make a traditional weighted boat better. Bottom line is no matter how you weight the boat traditionally, you cant do wake transfers or switch riders immediately. You will be draining and filling sacs to switch, which for some us who experienced this prior to surfgate it was a major headache.

It would be nice for you to be a little more open minded, Brandons way might not be the only way.... just sayin' :) peace.

Really guy? Your feelers are hurt? ....I hope YOU take it lightly. It's all fun and reality is very few of you ACTUALLY know me. Do I care? HMMM. :cry:

You might have forgotten who brought SG into this thread...... go look . You know what you get when pull my tail, so why do you antagonize?

Been cruisng this place WAY before you ever thought of it. I know what it's all about. I have met some of my best friends on this site.....being who I am. I don't have to front nor do I need your advise.

I don't care if my opinion isn't the same as yours, like I have said before ." I ain't for everyone".

I do know surf waves , how to make one and what a mushy one feels like.

When you get right down to it, what do you gain with surfgate? The only thing you gain is the abilty to switch sides fast. I have never doubted that fact. Non issue for me. I see no value currently.

With surfgate also comes several "tradeoffs" per say. With surfgate VS a traditional wave you have to run twice the weight to achieve a sub parr wave in comparision to a listed boat. You loose all storage to achieve a lack luster result. Boat in turn does not handle as well and struggles . You use MORE fuel. PRO's and Cons. That's all . If you go back to almost a year ago when I initially tested a SG boat you will read the same as I am telling you now. I tried it two more times after that...same song.

All you weekend warriors that just started getting into the surf scene because of surfgate....Thats cool, it's great. It grows the sport and drives progression. But when you just "got into wakesurfing last year" when surfgate came out, You have no credibilty or valid expierience to base all your comparisons too.

I don' t wanna settle for a mushed out wave despite what you, or Malibu says. Others I know may......or do feel the same way.

Love the big bottom turns, airs and the 3 B. I need to get out there more. Good news on fuel consumption with the 2315, not that it matters but what is the top end like? You get close to rev limiter? Got a couple of boats in that come stock with....well.....I will just call them 'ding' sacks :)

Edited by skurfer

Actually, I never go out on weekends.... "Mid week warrior" is a better fit for us... we dont like crowds :-) our measly 120 hours of riding this summer was all weekdays... I have been surfing for the past 5 years, we just never did it much because we usually have a crew of 7+ people and getting everyone through it was painfully slow for us. This was our main motive for the surfgate upgrade, for us the wake on our boat is better with SG than it was traditionally weighted. We also have a variety of goofy and regular riders, so being able to switch immediately makes the surf sessions simple and enjoyable. And you forgot to mention the wake transfers while surfing, they are kinda fun too. Driving the boat level also seems like a bonus, but maybe we are the only ones who feel this way?

I never claimed you did not know surf waves, you obviously do. I don't really understand the comment about twice as much weight needed, we run the exta 600 lb bag in other locker and that's it. I guess we are satisfied with the mushy waves, seems to be keeping everyone happy on the boat and that is really what its all about. I had a 40 minute surf session on Shasta, surfed all the way back to the Marina, I love mushy!

If you do get a video of a 247 with 4300 lbs of weight in it with SG please post it up, would be great to see what SG is capable of with that weight configuration. I have seen the LSV with just factory hard tanks, wedge and (2) 750's and it looks respectable with SG, infact AWS your dealer put a video out on it... they were shredding it up.

Different strokes for different folks, that is what makes this world go around... personally will never go back to a boat without SG. Just my .02....

Edited by Fman

Love the big bottom turns, airs and the 3 B. I need to get out there more. Good news on fuel consumption with the 2315, not that it matters but what is the top end like? You get close to rev limiter? Got a couple of boats in that come stock with....well.....I will just call them 'ding' sacks :)

It was a blast. Get your butt up here and ride. You know your welcome. I can pull low 40's unloaded depending on water conditions 39-41 is about normal. Does not hit the rev limiter. It's perfect for my uses.

Actually, I never go out on weekends.... "Mid week warrior" is a better fit for us... we dont like crowds :-) our measly 120 hours of riding this summer was all weekdays... I have been surfing for the past 5 years, we just never did it much because we usually have a crew of 7+ people and getting everyone through it was painfully slow for us. This was our main motive for the surfgate upgrade, for us the wake on our boat is better with SG than it was traditionally weighted. We also have a variety of goofy and regular riders, so being able to switch immediately makes the surf sessions simple and enjoyable. And you forgot to mention the wake transfers while surfing, they are kinda fun too. Driving the boat level also seems like a bonus, but maybe we are the only ones who feel this way?

I never claimed you did not know surf waves, you obviously do. I don't really understand the comment about twice as much weight needed, we run the exta 600 lb bag in other locker and that's it. I guess we are satisfied with the mushy waves, seems to be keeping everyone happy on the boat and that is really what its all about. I had a 40 minute surf session on Shasta, surfed all the way back to the Marina, I love mushy!

If you do get a video of a 247 with 4300 lbs of weight in it with SG please post it up, would be great to see what SG is capable of with that weight configuration. I have seen the LSV with just factory hard tanks, wedge and (2) 750's and it looks respectable with SG, infact AWS your dealer put a video out on it... they were shredding it up.

Different strokes for different folks, that is what makes this world go around... personally will never go back to a boat without SG. Just my .02....

I already have about 30 dollars worth of your two cents.

I rode that same boat that AWS has in the vid. With that weight..... and more.....MEHHHH. I drove it longer than I rode it.......ARGHHHHH!

You enjoy your boat, I'll enjoy mine. Rider's pole. What wave would you rather ride having the choice?

Lets see some footage of your transfers.

• Like 1

You've got a pull anytime on my boat. I know it's not a 247 but the thought that counts! Payment for getting me into that soulcraft......

Yep, it's The camas Slough... Great spot, for sure, but ya definitely need to know where you're goin and what you're doin. I've seen a boat strike a rock and literally sink to the bottom..... And I've personally towed 2 different boats outta there without their prop and/or running gear.... Also had a friend go out with some board reps who took the prop off a loaned out, brand new x2. And thats just the stuff ive witnessed first hand..... Ive heard dozens of stories...All that said; I'd be glad to show you the ropes if you ever make it out this way!

Sure sounds like a legit spot though; narrow, secluded, waves dissipate, etc. Less than an hours drive away from ya'll... love to get together with some more of The Crew.

You another goofy fool Mase!

Sure sounds like a legit spot though; narrow, secluded, waves dissipate, etc. Less than an hours drive away from ya'll... love to get together with some more of The Crew.

Put it together with Vincy and ill spend the time to get the G side dialed up for ya'll.

Right back at you guys. We can take out a Supreme anytime. Just say the werd..

If we are gonna ride that 'Preme you tell us when and where.

You another goofy fool Mase!

Put it together with Vincy and ill spend the time to get the G side dialed up for ya'll.

If we are gonna ride that 'Preme you tell us when and wher

Holding you to it.

P.S. Bryan, those '14 V226 model sure do look enticing and look like they already are sac'd out, and aftermarket Prop.

Me in the very first vid

B. Bright in the 2nd

Ruffdog in the 3rd

:)

Although from a forum perspective I had you and Ruff confused a long while back, I know who's who :) What board are you riding?

Right back at you guys. We can take out a Supreme anytime. Just say the werd..

Next time you demo one give me a ring.... I'm mostly available anytime. Like bobby said I don't have a job......actually bobby I'm drinking the beer you left into cooler right now.

Edited by Ruffdog
  • Like 1

-BS- has some ol' CL special CWB. Don't matter though......That guy gets it. It's a VALUE . He sure knows how to ride that cheap piece of pressed plastic too. I never seen a board with the traction pad worn off before.

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 1

Try 10 minutes heavy traffic.... ;)

-BS- has some ol' CL special CWB. Don't matter though......That guy gets it. It's a VALUE . He sure knows how to ride that cheap piece of pressed plastic too. I never seen a board with the traction pad worn off before.

I call it Willie Nelson's guitar.