Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Listed 247 Wave

-BS-

Look at the list of the boat. There is no way that the rubrail is not close to the water. With mine, the rubrail is about 2 inches from the water, and I don't carry that much weight. But he has me thinking now.

No it was not close. That's me holding the go pro at what I thought was straight up and down.... :). It was not as listed as we get mine...

Oh, and here's a little gem from the man himself..... 2nd time ever, first time on vid

http://youtu.be/JJ6uYqFjjyo

Given the size of that giganto-sac, the addition of some lead, it sure seems to be leaning a lot. I can only assume that the water was flat....just look at the angle of the boat compared to the flat water. Maybe the lens of the gopro makes it look like it is leaning a lot, but I am not sure.

I want the recipe from Bobby himself.

wave is money. pretty obvious contrast to most of the surfgate vids.

Don't say that ! It's just all the trick photography and perfect lighting my professional photog uses that makes it "look" that way.

So, he'll have to give you exacts, but this is what I think.....

Wedge all the way down

12 mph

All stock ballast (even non surf side)

That giganto sack (that's plumbed in with 2 fill pumps) that runs from rear locker to under the observer (1800?)

One 600 sac on the floor (because we only had one guy on the port side)

500# lead scattered throughout the boat

Like I said tho: because he has it all plumbed in..... it only took maybe 10 minutes of chatting before the boat was ready to go.

Setup is very close to what BS listed.

To be a little more exact, Yes the DONG is roughly 2200 lbs if fully erect, but I have not been completely blowing her out for this wave. Just a little chub. SO I would imagine around 1800lbs

The sack we used for the floor is actually just a 380lb FlyHigh tube sack a little over filled, so probably closer to 400. Like BS stated if I have two more peeps, that one gets omitted.

Lead. 480 lbs as the POP bags run 40lbs each. I have 240 in the rear corner, 200 under the observers seat and 80 in the bow.

Speed is indeed 12 MPH on the dash, not sure what GPS actually is. Wedge all the way down for that look. You can manipulate the wave height with the wedge, but no more than 2 clicks up from the bottom or it gets a pretty heavy rooster

2315 prop works very well, boat handles effortlessly in comparison to some of the other boats that I drove with those darn barn doors hanging off the back.

Yeah I know, not many goofy riders in his crew as I understand it. And there is a certain infamy to that particular title. :lol:

I don't know too many of those goofy bastards, but if a few of you want to get together and give it a go...I'm game. I got plenty of weight. Just need to figure out where to put it.

Crazy huh? I didn't need a trap door to make it happen . You won't either.

Ya, but there is something just wrong with that sack. I am shocked the mods have not taken down that first picture!! :lol:

Given the size of that giganto-sac, the addition of some lead, it sure seems to be leaning a lot. I can only assume that the water was flat....just look at the angle of the boat compared to the flat water. Maybe the lens of the gopro makes it look like it is leaning a lot, but I am not sure.

I want the recipe from Bobby himself.

What I can tell you is my little vride leans harder and water constantly splashes up on the sun pad. There is no freeboard left to sink it any more. On this 247 there is plenty of freeboard and no water traveling over the sun pad.

Bobby, can you bring 10 people on the boat and not have bags all over your floor and seats? Assuming the dong sac wipes out all storage on the port side? Is the ballast all hidden or are you displacing bags throughout?

Wave is legitimately awesome, just wondering how practical it would be with a full load of guests? And can the weight be moved to drivers side for goofy riders?

Bobby, can you bring 10 people on the boat and not have bags all over your floor and seats? Assuming the dong sac wipes out all storage on the port side? Is the ballast all hidden or are you displacing bags throughout?

Wave is legitimately awesome, just wondering how practical it would be with a full load of guests? And can the weight be moved to drivers side for goofy riders?

I can answer. Yes and yes. No exposed weight. Still all storage left on goofy side. Plus the observers compartment as that sack doesn't extend into the compartment. Surfing that boat goofy wont be hard for him to figure out, he just needs a reason.....no goofies in his crew.

10 people, no problem. Remember it is a misnomer that ALL the weight needs to be on surf side. Some weight can be moved to the other side to achieve a better wave. Remember all factory ballast full on this boat anyway. So a few of those people can even sit on the other side.

The boat was not a problem to drive. There was no chance of taking a wave.

Edited by Ruffdog

Does the 247 not have dividers under the seat or did they have to be modified? Our 07 LSV was a straight shot from the rear storage to the observers compartment (I think), but the 13 LSV has a divider.

• Like 1

So to go switch to goofy you would need to remove the dong sac from port side and put it in on the drivers side? What about led pop bags? And smaller bags?

I'm asking because I know with a large crew people are all different riders, some goofy and others regular. Assuming you can't store anything on the bags because they will be filled with with water?

Edited by Fman

What Ruff said. If you found 10 people on my boat......I probably wouldnt own it at that point. I just dont like that many people in general.

I still have a ton of storage. If someone wants to ride to lame side, there is already an 1100 sack plumbed in and flattened. I throw all the gear on top of it curently and that tube sack can be piggy backed to the 1100 on the starboard side. My pumps are all on switchable vaves. I would just have to move a few vest, and bumpers I keep in the starboard locker and throw them in the port locker. No moving my dong. I then have all the storage opened up on top of the limp dong.

The lead is accessable pretty easily through the rear couches and can be transferred side to side. I probably would not move it though, just omit filling the stock rear hard tank on the port if surfing goofy. Like I said, I tried it once for about 10 min, and the surfer wasnt very good so it didnt really matter.

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 1

Does the 247 not have dividers under the seat or did they have to be modified? Our 07 LSV was a straight shot from the rear storage to the observers compartment (I think), but the 13 LSV has a divider.

It had a devider about mid way up the port side seats. It was removed so that dong sack can thrust through the compartment.

What's awesome about listing a boat for a mackin wave is that you don't have to run 6,000+ pounds of ballast in the boat for what "should" be a similar wave since you have to weight the whole boat.

• Like 2

my mouth is watering looking at that wave, :blush:

but with all the dong talk, maybe that sentence wasn't appropriate. :whistle:

EDIT: that dong sac is the t***.

Edited by mnhays

So to go switch to goofy you would need to remove the dong sac from port side and put it in on the drivers side? What about led pop bags? And smaller bags?

I'm asking because I know with a large crew people are all different riders, some goofy and others regular. Assuming you can't store anything on the bags because they will be filled with with water?

You wouldn't be able to because it wouldn't fit on the starboard side. The thing to do for the goofy side would be to have a different custom sack made & plumb that in to that side as he has done on the standard side. Wouldn't be as much weight because it wouldn't be as long, but you don't need as much weight on the goofy side to get the same thing behind a Malibu. Usually. But doesn't need to because he doesn't have anyone in his crew that rides goofy.

You wouldn't be able to because it wouldn't fit on the starboard side. The thing to do for the goofy side would be to have a different custom sack made & plumb that in to that side as he has done on the standard side. Wouldn't be as much weight because it wouldn't be as long, but you don't need as much weight on the goofy side to get the same thing behind a Malibu. Usually. But doesn't need to because he doesn't have anyone in his crew that rides goofy.

So your saying goofy riders can use a smaller dong and get the same results? ;)

In essence I already have a twig and berries to use in the goofy side I would just have to plug it in. The tube sack I have will fit under the starboard side seats and the 1100 sack is already in there and plumbed.

I will just have to flip my valves and direct the pumps to the starboard side vs. port.

So your saying goofy riders can use a smaller dong and get the same results? ;)

In the case of surf wakes, yes. ;)

and they told me that size matters....come on! I love being a goofy rider! ;)

• Like 1

If you get up here WG, we will definetly throw together a goofy side setup in your honor. We gots lotsa sack.

• Like 1