Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

13 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Oh Man,  hey not to sound Sadistic like JB-FOOT  always says.... Any vido of the blow out.....

you know we're always looking for Great Entertainment. ..... :Tease3:

I know, it'll be mounted on my chest in the next few days, I promise!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, footndale said:

Looking good, keep it up.  Small advice, roll your shoulders back, chest up/forward like a meat hook is pulling it up.

I have terrible posture to begin with. So getting into that position is a work in progress for me.  How does my lower half look?    Any other tips?

Hard to get the lower half correct when the top half is off center. 

1. Straight arms,

2. Shoulders back

3. Hips forwards

4. Equal pressure on legs.

For now focus on the 90s.  Knee at 90 degrees, Waist at 90, arms at 90

Where are you located?

Edited by footndale
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Yeaitsslo said:

I have terrible posture to begin with. So getting into that position is a work in progress for me.  How does my lower half look?    Any other tips?

Bring the Boom up a little more,  feet apart just a bit more but keep the knees in place that keeps the outer edge of your feet higher, lessoning the chance

of a dig in as you did at the end in the vid.  But you've got it... just get in the hours.

As Footndales 1 2 3 4

Edited by Dare2goBare

Not bad for where you're at.  Along with what footndale said, the thing that jumped at me is getting equal foot pressure, and getting those feet under the knees (or working on the 90's) to get more glide versus plow.  

I finally got back to doing back deeps on the 5-foot last week for first time in like 7 years.  I was progressively improving with each one and getting up more often than not.  On the final one came up perfect, got settled in, turned to the boat to give them a yee-haw, and got yee out before I got wrecked.....  I swear there's nothing worse than an out the back backfooting.  The shoulder is still sore and had a baseball sized bruise I could feel between the shoulder blades for a bit....  My flip turns are about 90% now, so now I just need to learn the back step off and be done with this back deep business :)

I'll leave the front to backs for my shoe-skis :) - don't ever see myself ever doing front to backs on anything more than barefoot trainers, and I don't especially feel the need to do that, as I like my ear drums.  

One buddy on the team (pseudo-family member (our wives are cousins)) can front to back, back to front all day long, but he's also skied pro all over the world.  It's a hell of a lot of fun watching him up at the cabin from the driver seat.

19 hours ago, roeboat said:

https://goo.gl/photos/4ThCvQ32neyU1cmr9

First time around the lake.

Nice run.  My feet would have been torched with that length (as I have an old stitches scar on my left heel), so have to mix mine up with body slides and tumbles.  Show ski runs don't build foot endurance for crap....

On your start, if you sit up about a quarter to a third of the way when you clear the stern roller, it'll keep you from bouncing around, and give you a little directional control to cheek outside of the wake before standing up, if you prefer.

1 hour ago, TomH said:

Nice run.  My feet would have been torched with that length (as I have an old stitches scar on my left heel), so have to mix mine up with body slides and tumbles.  Show ski runs don't build foot endurance for crap....

On your start, if you sit up about a quarter to a third of the way when you clear the stern roller, it'll keep you from bouncing around, and give you a little directional control to cheek outside of the wake before standing up, if you prefer.

Thanks for the advice Tom Ill try that next time

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2017 at 5:29 AM, Intheday said:

Just a little end of season fun in Australia May 2017

Don't know what is more impressive. You skiing at the kids speed or the kid skiing at your speed. Good news, it's time for you start footing for your summer season.

• 8 months later...

We had some great weather in late May to squeeze in a barefoot run amongst the slalom sets.  It flattened out late in the day and I was bound and determined to get in that foot run before June.

@footndale:  nice run:)

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/07/2018 at 9:52 AM, footndale said:

First time I've gotten up twice in one session. Great morning.

@Dare2goBare, you'll like my first attempt.

Lol...lol...Yup, always love the entertainment. ..Thx Man. A slow start up here, weathers been the pits, just stating to get warm now.