Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

On 3/23/2016 at 5:30 PM, justgary said:

A friend of mine came to Florida today with his BIL from Ft. Rucker.  The wind was up and we had a hard time finding a place, but he learned to barefoot today!

He made five passes on the swing, then one on the boom, then this one.  I'm calling him a barefooter.

Victim P. 

El Oh El.... Gary, killin' me. lmao

• 1 month later...

Late start to season, but a good weekend.  Started by teaching. Baby steps, no falls, fun to teach. We'll see how fast she progresses.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I got out over Memorial Weekend.  I only went once last year after the shoulder surgery and this year I felt strong, and solid, moving side to side, etc.  I did a couple of laps on the bar, then 2 laps feeding out the shortline from the bar.  Felt sooooo good.  After my last run on the short line I'm just sitting on the gunnel, smiling, almost laughing.  My wife's like "What?  What's so funny?"  and I said "You have no idea how good that feels". 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

I got out over Memorial Weekend.  I only went once last year after the shoulder surgery and this year I felt strong, and solid, moving side to side, etc.  I did a couple of laps on the bar, then 2 laps feeding out the shortline from the bar.  Felt sooooo good.  After my last run on the short line I'm just sitting on the gunnel, smiling, almost laughing.  My wife's like "What?  What's so funny?"  and I said "You have no idea how good that feels". 

i have to believe the roar of that sbc at barefoot speed is a major contributor to that smile.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, tvano said:

i have to believe the roar of that sbc at barefoot speed is a major contributor to that smile.

And there I go, smiling again.

I strained my neck on a 12 person trio line yesterday at ski club, but I don't care, I'm packing the boom and we are heading out tonight!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, not a video, but here it is - I did it!  Stepped off of a slalom ski at 38mph.  Hopefully video to follow this summer. :yahoo:5775118658272_2016Johnbarefootingresized

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

OK, not a video, but here it is - I did it!  Stepped off of a slalom ski at 38mph.  Hopefully video to follow this summer. :yahoo:5775118658272_2016Johnbarefootingresized

Congrats! That's how we use to do it years ago behind are drag boats. ..

next deep water start as you see footndales post!

7 minutes ago, Dare2goBare said:

Congrats! That's how we use to do it years ago behind are drag boats. ..

next deep water start as you see footndales post!

Maybe I'll try face up first though!  Actually I'm pretty confident that I could deep water from the boom (shortline)

Edited by Michigan boarder
(shortline)
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Playing a bit with a new drone one of my friends bought last week... Footage from our barefoot spot, house(boat), back yard and a couple of long line runs by me (slalom) and my wife (tumbles), enjoy.... We'll post more when we have the drone dialed in (-;

• Like 1

Ahhhh... Nice you got the video up on here....  Great video !!! .... Like I said on FB, Man I've got to get back over there with you guys.... :)

Love the music.

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Yeaitsslo said:

Maybe my 4th time out  bought a suit and a boat and have been self training myself from YouTube basically   Any advice???

Nice job. Self taught and only about your fourth time, congrats. Glad to see you are doing a nice controlled 3 point stance on your plant.

You are somewhat bending at the hips when footing. Roll your shoulders back, chest up and move your hips forward more. You should be able to hang on to that handle with very little effort. I like to put my thumbs over the top of the handle. This helps in less possible injuries on falls. You are less likely to hang to the handle on a bad fall.

Keep up the great work.

• Like 2

Looks like you've got pritty much down, other then putting on the hours to get into that comfort feeling

and Natural progression, not thinking but just doing mode. Strighten your upper body a little more so you're not leaning

as much forward.  Your speed should be your weight divided by 10 then add 20 mph.  Give or take

a mile relating to your foot size. 

Just like footndale mentioned. Nice job after only four sets.:thumbup:

oh, one more thing, pratice the fetal position... lol. ..lol.... ..Sereously. .... if your going down try to tuck into

that position asap... and roll out the fall / crash / burn....lol...lol...... belive you me... your going to entertain the crew eventually. . :whistle:

Ya we footers are all a little sadistic. ....   bin there done that....:rofl:

I've had a good amount of falls already. My last one I have no idea what happened. It was so fast and it hurt. Blew my ear drum out and had some nasty blood and black stuff come out for a day.  My hearing is just coming back now.  Gotta get some ear plugs. 

13 hours ago, Yeaitsslo said:

I've had a good amount of falls already. My last one I have no idea what happened. It was so fast and it hurt. Blew my ear drum out and had some nasty blood and black stuff come out for a day.  My hearing is just coming back now.  Gotta get some ear plugs. 

"My last one I have no idea what happened." 

I'd say from your quote,  that you cought a toe! And the fact that you leaning forward will make you very susceptible 

to this. Strighten you upper body   and Learn to tuck into that fetal postion,  I know it happens so fast and your down,   but after time you do get a feel

of how your feet are riding the water.  And if it doesn't feel right your senses will prep you. I've rolled out of 

many falls by tucking , but there have been some not so good...lol...lol..

No fetal postion here....lol...

http://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/48549-no-so-graceful-first-foot/&/topic/48549-no-so-graceful-first-foot/?hl=gracefulblockquote widget

Edited by Dare2goBare