Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

Get off the trainers! :)

Almost impossible not to get up backwards on trainers.

Pretty hard to tell without seeing a video, but like JB-Foot said, A smooth start is key.

With a beginner, it is all about the foot glide. I start out at the 10-12mph mark and wait for a good foot glide to begin with. When they are stable , bring the boat up to speed, like a good medium front pull. When driving beginners, my focus is on the feet and I don't look forward until they are up.

With backwards, you can rid the 3-point stance all day(feet and chest). Not usually exciting for footer, but sure does help the footer to learn proper stance. Because when you go to long line, you CAN'T CHEAT.

What problem is he having with just his feet backwards?

• 2 weeks later...

Well we are all but done due to the weather (cold and rainy and windy) here in the `burgh.

Hopefully we can get out this Sunday, but we have had so much rain this week, we expect debris...so we shall see...I am heading to Florida next Thursday for Biketoberfest and will foot with a friend while in Florida. So I hope to get some fresh video of that.

in the mean time, I guess i will keep this thread alive with another vid from a few weeks ago...

• Like 3

Get off the trainers! :)

Almost impossible not to get up backwards on trainers.

Pretty hard to tell without seeing a video, but like JB-Foot said, A smooth start is key.

With a beginner, it is all about the foot glide. I start out at the 10-12mph mark and wait for a good foot glide to begin with. When they are stable , bring the boat up to speed, like a good medium front pull. When driving beginners, my focus is on the feet and I don't look forward until they are up.

With backwards, you can rid the 3-point stance all day(feet and chest). Not usually exciting for footer, but sure does help the footer to learn proper stance. Because when you go to long line, you CAN'T CHEAT.

What problem is he having with just his feet backwards?

Thanks guys! So looks like the footer gets his feet in the water fairly quick and then nice progressive acceleration from there. That's how we are doing it on trainers and working well. With feet my impression is as soon as feet hit the water he's down.

Thanks guys! So looks like the footer gets his feet in the water fairly quick and then nice progressive acceleration from there. That's how we are doing it on trainers and working well. With feet my impression is as soon as feet hit the water he's down.

You get video, we can help. Feet hitting water should happen at 10mph and since he is learn. The feet should be gliding on the side of the foot.

My best friend Doug under the lights this week at beautiful Bow Lake - our Wed nite lake rental and dinner club!

Not bad after a total hip replacement one year ago this month! He keeps me young!

bow%204_zpssx3v1itj.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeouch...............................................................................................

• 2 months later...

OK

getting the "itch" again

Last season follies

Saving on Fuel, Barefoot Longline and Shortline all at once

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, JB-FOOT said:

OK

getting the "itch" again

Last season follies

Saving on Fuel, Barefoot Longline and Shortline all at once

Yup.....just months away from getting at it again. ...

Thx for the teaser  :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, justgary said:

^^^^^^ Glass!

Yup....it's Glass. .... others may call it butter..  :rofl:... But Glass it is.....lol...

Edited by Dare2goBare
6 hours ago, justgary said:

^^^^^^ Glass!

As you know Gary, we do have our share of Glass...........................

5 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Yup....it's Glass. .... others may call it butter..  :rofl:... But Glass it is.....lol...

Dare,

I like to refer to it as "Orglassmic"  :lol::thumbup::lol:

JB

• Like 1

Some more "GLASS" and footing from that same morning last August

Joe "Working" on his 1 foots, struggling, but building his confidence one foot at at time...

And Even More GLASS on that same August Morning...

And EVEN when we drop and go right back through our own wakes, we still enjoy Glass on our River...albeit a little high and Brown water

Ok I'll Play,   And Thx for sharing and giving me the bug to get at it.....

While watching, I started to think! Yes occasionally I do that....lol....not often though....

Im asked Why do we Foot?? .....my reply,    Because We CAN.....:yahoo:

https://youtu.be/vAyJKmRsm0M

Edit, don't get it why it only shows the link? and doesn't embed it.

Edited by Dare2goBare
6 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Ok I'll Play,   And Thx for sharing and giving me the bug to get at it.....

While watching, I started to think! Yes occasionally I do that....lol....not often though....

Im asked Why do we Foot?? .....my reply,    Because We CAN.....:yahoo:

https://youtu.be/vAyJKmRsm0M

Edit, don't get it why it only shows the link? and doesn't embed it.

It is not Often that I am jealous of Glass, but that was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

By the way, here is your video

• Like 2

So how cool is this T-Shirt?

it is was promotional shirt for a company I sell for promoting in heat flooring...But I found it was just perfect for barefooting in!

So, Can you tell we have weather too warm to snow ski?

And we can not go boating yet?

Needless to say, I am bored!

LOL

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine came to Florida today with his BIL from Ft. Rucker.  The wind was up and we had a hard time finding a place, but he learned to barefoot today!

He made five passes on the swing, then one on the boom, then this one.  I'm calling him a barefooter.

Nice....Yup Id say that qualifies  :thumbup:....especially on that GLASS..... LOl.....

Now get him on the short line so you can post some entertainment videos for us all....:innocent:

Edit : Just noticed  " Victim - P " .... Love it.... lol.... Suprised JB  Hasn't chimed in yet

wit his dark side welcome. .........

Edited by Dare2goBare
22 hours ago, justgary said:

A friend of mine came to Florida today with his BIL from Ft. Rucker.  The wind was up and we had a hard time finding a place, but he learned to barefoot today!

He made five passes on the swing, then one on the boom, then this one.  I'm calling him a barefooter.

Good Job Gary. You taught him some nice form

Here are a few pics of our Texas crew. First is our successful attempt at a five man step off. My first ever back toe and then another after a cleaned it up!

Five Man.jpg

Roller Back Toe.jpg

Back toe.jpg