Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

So you wanna see a FACE plant do you....

this was my 2nd to last run yesterday after 2 great days of footing and just footing with total ease and confidence...I was trying to THINK (that was my 1st mistake) about where my foot position is because I have been struggling with 1 foot wake crosses, so at the end of 28 seconds into the video I decided to LOOK down at my foot.....bad idea...HAHAHA

Dare2GoBare, this one is for YOU! you sick sadistic B@$tard! :rofl:

Thank You, Thank You, Thank you, You made my day for my first day back to work after three weeks at the lake......LOVE IT!! ..... Right on :rockon: Now that's a Beauty. ...lol. ..lol...lol....

REALLY. ...I'm laughing with YOU, not @ YOU......snicker, snicker.....heheheeeeee. ....:tease1:

Edited by Dare2goBare

My six year old getting comfortable on the swing. I think the smile tells it all. I like seeing the slalom buoys rolling by in the background.

https://youtu.be/m41XWUBJvIM

Martho, Great Post! that is what this thread I started is All About.

Here is a suggestion, when your little guy is done, or you want him to me done. rather than telling him to sit....just turn the boat to the right and slow down, you will lift him up high out of the water and set him back down gently at rest....plus wait until you see the smile on his face when he pops up high like that....it will be PRICELESS for sure.

Sorry, I search my archive and I can not find any pics or videos that I took of what I am describing

JB, what boat was that with Paul doing long line back? Nice wake.

Well, We FINALLY GOT GREAT water this weekend with calm and clean and debris free miles of glass...

so without further talk, lets view the action from my old age barefoot buddies...

Paul just Loves going backwards....it is rare for him to go frontwards at all...

Glad you finally had great water. First week I didn't foot. :(

Paul needs to use his whole foot not just his toes. Bend those knees, legs closer together and a little slower. Have fun teaching him that. :)

My son prefers backwards too. Maybe some day I will too.

Edited by footndale

JB, what boat was that with Joe doing long line back? Nice wake.

Glad you finally had great water. First week I didn't foot. :(

Paul needs to use his whole foot not just his toes. Bend those knees, legs closer together and a little slower. Have fun teaching him that. :)

My son prefers backwards too. Maybe some day I will too.

The video from Yesterday 8-23-2015 is our 97 echelon closed bow with the 320 monsoon and the factory SS prop

Joe skis frontward at 38-39mph

any of the videos from the day before Saturday, 8-22-2015 was on the 94 echelon closed bow with the 454

Paul refuses to use his entire foot, his strong foot is his right foot and as such he grips the water with his toes like eagle talons with his left foot, Paul and I have skied together since 1998...I have cleaned him up a lot, and Mike Seiple even tried fixing him for 7 years in a row when I used to hold clinics at my marina....LOL

He says he wants to stay defensive.....he falls maybe 2-3 times a year....cant argue with that....and we are all to old to worry about ever skiing competitively...

I ski frontwards at 40-41 mph

Gary, do you have shoe skis? Progressing from shoe skis and then to feet is the way to go when first learning. For beginners learning the correct positions at slower speeds is really helpful. Especially kids!

the beauty of using shoe skis, is that it is harder to CHEAT while using shoe skis, by this i mean that you pretty much have to be in the correct postition or they will slide out from underneath you....and as an added bonus, you can go at least 5 mph slower with shoe skis on....

if you really want to make sure you are in the correct position, use the BFI largeimage869.jpg shoe skis when 1st teaching, as they are like cutting board and are EXTREMELY slippery and you MUST have your feet in the correct position or you can not stand up. (these BFI shoe skis can allow you to shave about 10mph from normal footing speeds)

moving on to the newer shoe skis like these KSO%20Shoe%20Skis.JPG allow you to have a more natural feeling but still make it easier then footing with just your bare feet!

The video from Yesterday 8-23-2015 is our 97 echelon closed bow with the 320 monsoon and the factory SS prop

Joe skis frontward at 38-39mph

any of the videos from the day before Saturday, 8-22-2015 was on the 94 echelon closed bow with the 454

Paul refuses to use his entire foot, his strong foot is his right foot and as such he grips the water with his toes like eagle talons with his left foot, Paul and I have skied together since 1998...I have cleaned him up a lot, and Mike Seiple even tried fixing him for 7 years in a row when I used to hold clinics at my marina....LOL

He says he wants to stay defensive.....he falls maybe 2-3 times a year....cant argue with that....and we are all to old to worry about ever skiing competitively...

I ski frontwards at 40-41 mph

Sometimes it is better not to fix what works. :)

the beauty of using shoe skis, is that it is harder to CHEAT while using shoe skis, by this i mean that you pretty much have to be in the correct postition or they will slide out from underneath you....and as an added bonus, you can go at least 5 mph slower with shoe skis on....

if you really want to make sure you are in the correct position, use the BFI largeimage869.jpg shoe skis when 1st teaching, as they are like cutting board and are EXTREMELY slippery and you MUST have your feet in the correct position or you can not stand up. (these BFI shoe skis can allow you to shave about 10mph from normal footing speeds)

moving on to the newer shoe skis like these KSO%20Shoe%20Skis.JPG allow you to have a more natural feeling but still make it easier then footing with just your bare feet!

But, but, but......that's not Barefooting. ...... lol..lol....lol... I alway think of this as Barecheeting.... lol.......lol

But your face plants are so much quicker. :)

Yes, for me. I will NEVER EVER wear shoe skis again personally, at least not the better type that don't pop off as easy as the Seiple Skis...

I have hyper extended my feet too many times and blew out my right medial meniscus while on shoe skis and catching a front edge...

the Seiple Skis don't scare me for hurting my feet or ankles, but I have had them fly off like a missile or or end up halfway up my calf with a fall.

when I was 1st learning and even into the 1st 10 years or so, I didnt ski nearly as clean as I do now, but now I am always dangerously close to the edge of clean vs. catching, so when I wear shoe skis and can not feel where the water is on my feet, it usually ends up in an ""Oh SH!P", This is going to HURT!" moment

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 1

My hip still hurts from early July attempting to learn toe holds with a shoe ski. I caught the tip while putting my left foot back down and when I did the water pulled back on my leg much harder than usual. I won't say that I won't use them again, but I will be more careful and not without guidance. I literally have not fallen since then because I'm too careful. Won't mess with rough water at all. I just slide out if it gets sketchy.

My hip still hurts from early July attempting to learn toe holds with a shoe ski. I caught the tip while putting my left foot back down and when I did the water pulled back on my leg much harder than usual. I won't say that I won't use them again, but I will be more careful and not without guidance. I literally have not fallen since then because I'm too careful. Won't mess with rough water at all. I just slide out if it gets sketchy.

I hear you brother...

I did not ever use shoe skis for learning toe holds

but I used Seiple shoe skis when I was 1st learning backwards and back to fronts,

After being paralyzed twice (really really bad stingers) I pretty much gave up backwards skiing. besides I never really "got the rush" that was "worth the pain" of the falls and the potential life changing consequences of the brutal backwards "ball bat to the back of my head" falls.

When I was 1st learning or trying to learn 1 foot wake crosses, I used my Barefoot Central Shoe skis, to help me gain confidence for those times.

Later on I tried using them when there was too much debris to ski safely and when it was too rough for my liking...it is during the latter two reasons that I kept getting "JACKED" up that I finally have said enough...no more shoe skis for me!

At least like I said the ones other than Mike Seiple's brand.

Others swear by them, but I will pass.

One of the guys in our group is a NAUI Dive Instructor's Instructor and he gets us Dive Booties with the Kevlar bottoms. so now when there is ice cold water or the little sticks that are too plentiful for our liking we will turn the Kevlar booties inside out and swap out the left for the right and wear the dive booties on the opposite feet... if in any of our videos, you see us wearing "BLACK SOCKS" that is what we have on...

He also has supplied us with Dive Hoodies to keep from getting the early morning "brain freezes" and I also like to use the hoodie to keep the water out of my ears.

The only down side is how GOOFY they make us look....but oh well, who cares...

JB-Foot

Edited by JB-FOOT
  • Like 2

JB-Foot

Actually thought it made you look much more cavalier or maybe they look some what like balaclavas., lol...

sorry. .just couldn't help myself. ...Again......lol...:Tease3:

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1

I hear you brother...

I did not ever use shoe skis for learning toe holds

but I used Seiple shoe skis when I was 1st learning backwards and back to fronts,

After being paralyzed twice (really really bad stingers) I pretty much gave up backwards skiing. besides I never really "got the rush" that was "worth the pain" of the falls and the potential life changing consequences of the brutal backwards "ball bat to the back of my head" falls.

When I was 1st learning or trying to learn 1 foot wake crosses, I used my Barefoot Central Shoe skis, to help me gain confidence for those times.

Later on I tried using them when there was too much debris to ski safely and when it was too rough for my liking...it is during the latter two reasons that I kept getting "JACKED" up that I finally have said enough...no more shoe skis for me!

At least like I said the ones other than Mike Seiple's brand.

Others swear by them, but I will pass.

One of the guys in our group is a NAUI Dive Instructor's Instructor and he gets us Dive Booties with the Kevlar bottoms. so now when there is ice cold water or the little sticks that are too plentiful for our liking we will turn the Kevlar booties inside out and swap out the left for the right and wear the dive booties on the opposite feet... if in any of our videos, you see us wearing "BLACK SOCKS" that is what we have on...

He also has supplied us with Dive Hoodies to keep from getting the early morning "brain freezes" and I also like to use the hoodie to keep the water out of my ears.

Everytime I pull off something new it's an incredible feeling like the first time I stepped off or the first time I got up. Not sure how far I want to go but I love it

JB-Foot

I'll be honest, I hate (strong word I know) shoe skis! I believe I was the one that brought them up! LOL

However, for a beginner on the boom were falling is really not a thing standing up on shoes skis is way easier! Catch the front edge and just hold on. Do that on the 5ft or behind the boat and sometimes the slower falls hurt much worse.

had another great weekend barefooting, unfortunately we used a GoPro for vids this weekend and it was not mine,, so I cant post to youtube just yet until probably after labor day weekend and we all share our videos on each others laptops.

but we were doing stupid stuff this weekend, like 2 on a boom and 1 out the back longlining....for end of weekend lets see how goofy we can be...as well as 3 of us trying our hand at handskiing, (see what I did there?)

so for now, we will have to rely on the rest of you to post your entertainment videos for all to see...

• Like 4