Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

POST YOUR BAREFOOT VIDEOS HERE

JB-FOOT

Still feeling it. :(

But I was still able to go forwards too.

@ 2:20 into the clip, you lifted your right foot up and back before going fwd with it, a sure fire way to eat it when the lifting foot, especially with a shoe ski on, gets caught in the spray coming off of the down foot...try and lift up and immediately move the lifting foot forward either from a hinge point at the hip or at the knee hinge point. much safer when doing 1 foots... watch as Billy lifts from his HIPS at 27 seconds in to the video...

also, it appears that you are blocking your turn some times by keeping your feet just a little outward of your knees, like we would do when 1st learning trying to be defensive. now that yo are accomplished as a footer, its time to move your feet straight down from your knees and narrow your stance by probably 4" to 6" at least. and when wanting to turn, Turn both feet along with the entire knee and legs from a swiveling point at both hips, same way you would do it with skis on your feet.

And while I am armchairing you.... :whistle: try and lift and drive the pelvis up and a little more fwd (as Jim Carey would do in his movies) and I think you will glide much easier and plow quite a bit less....

All this said,

I am envious of your skiing however since I have only been able to foot 2 times so far this year, only been on a slalom ski for 6 times too. Our water has been terrible and it has been too "STICKY" for me to feel comfortable footing....l'm get tired of being a "Stick" magnet with my feet....damned rain! :cry:

Edited by JB-FOOT

JB-FOOT -

All that gloating about your river and smooth water last year, and now you have sticks and fast water. Sheesh.

I haven't been out any more than you this year, but mostly because of wind on the days I want to go. This past week was perfect the whole week, so we went out Wednesday morning and I got some sort of sports hernia above my groin on the first pull of the day. Great. It is much better now, but it was very painful at the time. I'm assuming it's just a pulled muscle.

By the way, we need to get Billy online so we can lecture him about his big toes sticking up.... Ha!

Edit: Was that Billy video taken on the Matanzas River?

Edited by justgary

JB-FOOT -

All that gloating about your river and smooth water last year, and now you have sticks and fast water. Sheesh.

I haven't been out any more than you this year, but mostly because of wind on the days I want to go. This past week was perfect the whole week, so we went out Wednesday morning and I got some sort of sports hernia above my groin on the first pull of the day. Great. It is much better now, but it was very painful at the time. I'm assuming it's just a pulled muscle.

By the way, we need to get Billy online so we can lecture him about his big toes sticking up.... Ha!

Man We really have to all connect for a footarama. .....JB....Send us all plain tickets....

:Tease3:

Man We really have to all connect for a footarama. .....JB....Send us all plain tickets....

I'm in as well... just tell me where to fly to (-;

• Like 1

JB-FOOT -

'

Yes, karma is a B*tch ain't it?!?!?!

NO, a SECRET Place!

• Like 1

SENT!!!

Just keep looking in your mail box!

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

So, I finally get out to foot this weekend.

River is still high, fast and Muddy on Saturday, so we head to a local lake about an hour and a half away, Water was High, but very little debris, was crystal clear and nice and warm...

Did i mention it was a lake....yes I did, so we each (three of us) took a brief choppy miserable barefoot run.....but we footed, YEAH!!!!

afterwords we took the 454 Echelon and just through out a 75 foot barefoot line dialed in 14 mph and played on a surf board....it was still fun....

NO VIDEOS...

Fast Forward to today, we decide to stay at the river, it is still fast and high and brown but GLASS...

What could go wrong!?!

And so after everyone (5 of us) take nice long short line runs on glass, I decide to take my 1st LONGLINE run of the year.

And look what I find with my LEFT HEEL.....Oh yeah, I am the Stick Magnet...

post-15441-0-36329400-1436746633_thumb.j

SENT!!!

Just keep looking in your mail box!

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Your JUST such a TEASE !!!...... lol...

So, I finally get out to foot this weekend.

River is still high, fast and Muddy on Saturday, so we head to a local lake about an hour and a half away, Water was High, but very little debris, was crystal clear and nice and warm...

Did i mention it was a lake....yes I did, so we each (three of us) took a brief choppy miserable barefoot run.....but we footed, YEAH!!!!

afterwords we took the 454 Echelon and just through out a 75 foot barefoot line dialed in 14 mph and played on a surf board....it was still fun....

NO VIDEOS...

Fast Forward to today, we decide to stay at the river, it is still fast and high and brown but GLASS...

What could go wrong!?!

And so after everyone (5 of us) take nice long short line runs on glass, I decide to take my 1st LONGLINE run of the year.

And look what I find with my LEFT HEEL.....Oh yeah, I am the Stick Magnet...

OUCH!!!! What was that about carma??? And stick what where..... lol... :Tease3:

I'm in as well... just tell me where to fly to (-;

Dutch, just fly here we'll figure it out from there. .... Edited by Dare2goBare

Ouch, Jack. That stinks. Maybe you should just come down here and take your chances on our choppy water. Can you change all those tickets you just sent out to everybody?

OKay, So I finally get to Barefoot at length today pretty much for the 1st time all darned year do to bad water conditions.

And the water is Brown, Fast and High....

But it is what it is.

FootnDale, at aboout 1:10 into the video I point to my hip...and the pointing is to Point out (see what I did there, LOL) where I like to lift my foot from when doing 1 foots so as not to catch any spray from the down foot towards the foot being lifted that may cause me to fall....

JustGary, notice my toes are for the most part flat and relaxed, yes when I do a 1 foot my big toes does lift sometimes. not always practicing what I preach...

ToddtheLineman, I find it a little easier to get up from the Chair position a little as I think it helps you glide more....

Anyway, nothing special in the way of tricks, but I was happy to finaly get out on the water, even though it was High, Fast and Way toooooooo darned brown for my liking, but the Glass, oh yeah, that was nice!

Till next week, I hope.... :(

Edited by JB-FOOT

You make the one foots look easier than on land. I'm still leery of them... doing them, but not feeling it yet

OKay, So I finally get to Barefoot at length today pretty much for the 1st time all darned year do to bad water conditions.

And the water is Brown, Fast and High....

But it is what it is.

FootnDale, at aboout 1:10 into the video I point to my hip...and the pointing is to Point out (see what I did there, LOL) where I like to lift my foot from when doing 1 foots so as not to catch any spray from the down foot towards the foot being lifted that may cause me to fall....

JustGary, notice my toes are for the most part flat and relaxed, yes when I do a 1 foot my big toes does lift sometimes. not always practicing what I preach...

ToddtheLineman, I find it a little easier to get up from the Chair position a little as I think it helps you glide more....

Anyway, nothing special in the way of tricks, but I was happy to finaly get out on the water, even though it was High, Fast and Way toooooooo darned brown for my liking, but the Glass, oh yeah, that was nice!

Till next week, I hope.... :(

Ok I got it now, seeing those feet, or should I say planks. ...it's no wonder you foot so easy

your feet are huge! You should try it with mine....

Ok I got it now, seeing those feet, or should I say planks. ...it's no wonder you foot so easy

your feet are huge! You should try it with mine....

They are size 12, so not that big.... I am 6' 2", about 197-200 lbs (and Old, just like you!)

To make the best of what God Gave You....use as much foot as possible....keeping the foot as relaxed as possible, and let the water come just about all the way up to the ball of the foot.

This is best practiced by HOLDING directly on to the boom (no rope) and flattening your feet until you catch a toe (actually the ball of your foot and then try it again, but then just as you start to feel the water start to ride up and catch, back it off just a bit. do this enough and it becomes second nature....

Then move on to doing it on the short line until it becomes second nature and muscle memory....

When footing you always need to be aware of where the water is on your feet. staying relaxed and "one with the water/foot relationship" is paramount in footing your best and the most efficient in terms of gliding and not plowing or falling in my opinion.

some more videos from yesterday with our crew...

sorry, no crashes or anything else spectacular....just making use of a time when it is not raining this year...

Both guys I taught to barefoot from scratch...both are in their 50's and the guy in the red suit I met in 2005 and started teaching that same year and the guy in the blue suit I met and started teaching just 4 just years ago...they have progressed nicely. we all snow ski together as well.

Edited by JB-FOOT

Glass, glass, glass......nice!

Haven't had a run for over two weeks. ....and after this weekend now I'm off to physio to boot!

Getting old SUCKS!

JB glad you got out, not glad for the wood.

Two of my favorite sayings, "You paid for your feet, you might as well use the whole thing." , "One foots should be twice as easy because you are only using one vs two feet."

I'm in show skiing mode now, so short runs and sore body due to pyramids. This is were I ski every night for awhile. Show site

9 guy backwards barefoot line.

11745321_1019820278028932_34152369355129

And if anyone got video of me last night, you'll have a great laugh of a failed bomb out.

Edited by footndale

JB glad you got out, not glad for the wood.

Two of my favorite sayings, "You paid for your feet, you might as well use the whole thing." , "One foots should be twice as easy because you are only using one vs two feet."

I'm in show skiing mode now, so short runs and sore body due to pyramids. This is were I ski every night for awhile. Show site

9 guy backwards barefoot line.

11745321_1019820278028932_34152369355129

And if anyone got video of me last night, you'll have a great laugh of a failed bomb out.

You say you are in Show Ski form,,,,,

that explains your stance perfectly to me now...

Low and Wide.....I get it

Skiing cleanly in "tournament conditions water" is not the place for clean skiing

You say you are in Show Ski form,,,,,

that explains your stance perfectly to me now...

Low and Wide.....I get it

Skiing cleanly in "tournament conditions water" is not the place for clean skiing

I tried a clean step off last month, I got to wave to the crowd early. :)

Yes thanks for sharing Foot.

Finally got out last Sunday after almost a month stagnant. Had a dozen Great runs at 6:00 AM on.

Shortline & Bar.

JB, Practice the one foot off the bar, lifting foot, moved forward then up as you mentioned, riding the

single foot with water breaking much closer to the toes, this is still not a natural feeling, but getting there.

I keep thinking of just how much easier it is to catch the toe! :( and bight the bullet.

In two weeks heading to the lake for three weeks, we'll see just how much of a beating I'll be taking...lol..

Also hope to get videos for referencing and posting. :) :) :)

Edited by Dare2goBare